West At Home Agent

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by beckymom4two, Aug 6, 2006.

1. salibu

salibu New Member

Hey i just started with my first calls today and omg is it confusing. I didnt know what was what. And it seems that everything I learned in training just went blank in my head. I had about 2 hours selected for tomorrow but I thing I am going to post them in a trade and just keep 30 mins I am scared to death i did so bad today that when I got home from my full time job tonight I half way expected to see a email saying I was terminated. Guess maybe I just think I did bad. I am going over my notes from the training and get me some index cards for easy referel while on phone. I just wish you could access the training material at other times besides when you are logged in to take calls. Can you give me any other hint that may help me I am desperate. I am really trying make it easy for me to understand but so far I am really confused.
  2. firsttimemother

firsttimemother New Member

Hello ,
    beside west do you guys know any good companies that you can work from home and that they ay good please please need help let me know .... no scam lol[​IMG]
  3. shyguy5641

shyguy5641 New Member

hey kyleiskewl,

Don't know if anyone got to you about your birth certificate question but you can use it along with other items like a driver's license, SS card.... you just have to have that print out notarized not the actual document. Hope this helps....

Another thing, which was weird, for the past 5 days the tax forms on the website was acting weird for me. I wasn't able to click on the state tax button. I went in today to fill in my W-4. I just thought it was bizzare. The only thing I don't like so far with West is that it doesn't reply to your messages. But hey, they're busy right.... anywho, West isn't all that bad, I used to work for them in an actual call center. Well enough ranting for me, take it easy.
  4. shyguy5641

shyguy5641 New Member

salibu,

don't beat yourself up, you probably did fine. I'm not an expert here but this job is about flow.

*Disclaimer If there is anything written here that anyone feels is not right please, please, please tell me. I don't want bad information to go here*

Once you get the pattern down, you can spin around in your chair and just talk and every word will fall in place. It gets some use to but its not impossible. Trust me, I was selling second mortages to people who probably never needed it. Whether its selling, customer service or redirecting calls its all about confidence in what you are saying and you'll get that the more you talk, the more you repeat the script. You might not know the answer off the top of your head but stall with "that's a very good question, one moment while I look that up..." Or whatever. Try not to say umm... or pause a lot. I'm just listing things I learned as a telemarketer from back in the day.

I think the notecards are a very good idea and maybe have a filing system for them.
  5. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

rsoler-

regarding 1800 flowers, they are hiring as seasonal right now. but they do have people who work full time or part time through out the year. the way it was explained to me, is that if you do well during their seasonal period they you may get asked back to work during a permanent position. they are open 24hrs a day as well, and according to my trainer ( i started on monday), she told me that they are very flexible with the hours. during there slow periods, you may not get scheduled a lot of hours. but there are always shift trades, so you should always be able to work the hours you need.

i also have a friend who works for 1800 flowers (she's the one who told me about it). she was hired as an at home agent by 1800 flowers directly back in june/july of last year. and she has been working part-time with them since then. she usually averages 20hrs a week. and during holiday times she works around 40-50 hrs a week.

during the seasonal period, the pay is higher. it's the $14/hr. however, if you are asked to become permenant, then during peak times you would be paid $10/hr.

there last training class before valentines day starts next monday, which is probably why they are saying to apply for the mothers day season. it normally takes over a week to get everything set up (phone interview, paperwork and getting set up in their system). so there isn't enough time before then to get everything set up.

anyway, hope this helps..... i'll keep you all posted on how it goes once i've taken a few calls and speak to the scheduling manager today. [​IMG]
  6. tressasmith7654

tressasmith7654 New Member

Hey CHAMNER04,
    I have a question for you about the 1-800-Flowers welcome email. The step 2 process(getting prepared for session), the steps they want done before session schedule are those suppose to be links ( open and print) or are those steps you do when you call. Hey let me know ASAP if you know the answer. I appreciate it very, very much. I am scheduled for today (session) and if they are links they will not open for me.
    Thanks very much,
    Tressa
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

CHAMNER04,
    Thanks for the info keep me posted on your progress! I'm happy for you...let me know when and if you will be hire temp/full k...thanks again
    RO!
  8. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Tressasasmith,
    I don't work for 1800flowers I believe your question was meant for Chamner04...I work for West.
    Ro
  9. tressasmith7654

tressasmith7654 New Member

Hey RO,
    Ok thanks for pointing that out to me. I appreciate it.
    Tressa
  10. tweb

tweb New Member

Chamner04, I received an email this morning saying all my paperwork had been received. They most have had it and not entered it yet because I know it's not possible that they have received the second notarized form that I sent. Thanks for asking.
  11. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

tressa-- are you talking about the PC Set up session? if so, then no, they are not links, it's just a list of things you should have done before you call into the session/teleconference. there is an attachment in the email which has the link to there site that you would log into everyday as an employee. that link is: https://homeagent.800-flowers.net.

Basically, all they want you to do is download citrix metaframe from there site, and then install AIM (aol instant messenger) if you don't already have it. they would prefer you have a screen name with SSS first then a # and then your first name. like SSS4Charlotte. that's all you need before the session. hope this helps and Congrats on joining the team! [​IMG]

RO- thanks for your support, i'll definately let you know how it goes. [​IMG]

tweb-- thanks for the info. hopefully West will respond to the email i sent to HR and let me know they have my info too. [​IMG]
  12. daphnels

daphnels New Member

Hello Everyone. I am new here. I started looking into West a few months ago, but I was afraid to apply. All your post *the ten whole pages -- talk about reading* have been so helpful. You answered alot of my questions and took away the tiny concerns I had.

I know that I am not going to get rich on this job, but my husbands job pays well and we just want extra money to save. We have two little ones and I am getting ready to have our third. Plus a few months ago his father passed away and we know have two teenagers. So with a house of seven extra money can always help.

I did not see if anyone mentioned West hiring in PA. I think they will though cause we have a few call centers local I found out. I am interested in any other tips you have and I will be around from time to time.

For those of you who have been with WEST for awhile. What do you do to cover yourself with hours and stuff. What about tax deductions for working from home. Any tips about logging and what not would be helpful.

Thanks so much.
  13. candlesms

candlesms New Member

I am wondering if anyone has ever worked for/applied with LiveOPS?
  14. WorkingGR

WorkingGR New Member

Could someone give me the email address on where to send an email requesting a new skill. I called PAL and they told me to email everyday requesting a new skill but couldn't tell me the address to email it to.
  15. Berni

Berni New Member

Quoting: WorkingGRCould someone give me the email address on where to send an email requesting a new skill. I called PAL and they told me to email everyday requesting a new skill but couldn't tell me the address to email it to.

Hi, You can only get a new skill by invitation. They sent out a broadcast message that at present they have no positions for other skills, but as they open, they will post invitation to cross train
  16. Berni

Berni New Member

Hey all, Im not sure if I can do this on this forum but I .....I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that I am now working for a company that provides health coverage for families and individuals. They also have plans that can be offered by businesses to their employees at a group discount. ASI is a national doctor referral service that has been providing nationwide health coverage for 19 years.

This company is hiring now as well, Its different than West, but its something that I can see being profitable. If anyone is interested please send me a private message, Id be glad to get info to you about the job, or the health plan, there is also a free cell phone plan.

I am still working for West as well, but this is something additional and I would love to share the opportunity. Thats all I am going to say, if interested plz send me a message [​IMG] Thanks.
  17. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Hi Berni,
    I would like to know more about this company you are now working for I as you have already read work for west too...but am looking for something else to make more money can you give me more info?
    if so, then please let me know how you would like to communicate with me by email? etc....
  18. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Berni,
    before you send info I JUST want to say that if this company is based on commissions/outbound calls I GUESS then I would not be interested k...but thanks if this is the case then yes I would like to know more.
  19. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Berni
    I mean if this is not the case then I Would be interested lol..
  20. Flygirl

Flygirl New Member

I had the same experience with West. Well they said they didn't need people in my area. I don't understand that.