West At Home Agent

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by beckymom4two, Aug 6, 2006.

1. TrudyS

TrudyS New Member

i work for west right now, pay is good, i like working only when i can/want.. i have worked for them for about 5 months now and have no complaints.
  2. Janet

Janet New Member

West is no longer using contractors. To take calls, you become an employee of West. The upside to this is that the time you spend training is paid. Plus, you are guaranteed at least minimum wage during your shift, whether your phone rings or not. So, there's basically nothing to lose if you try it.
  3. Tmonica810999

Tmonica810999 New Member

I worked for Teletech in the building not from home though. They pay every two weeks and are completely legitimate. I never worked for them from home though, but hopefully they contact you because they do pay when they say they are going to[​IMG]
  4. Tmonica810999

Tmonica810999 New Member

I had seen your post about Alpine and was curious about how long it takes to work for them. I work outside of my home, started a home business but I am always looking to make more money[​IMG] I applied tonight and did the voice audition, does it take forever to start being trained for this position and do they usually hire, cause my voice audition didn't sound so good to me lol I think I was nervous[​IMG] I have no clue why, it was easy.
  5. cgregory

cgregory New Member

I work for WestAtHome. I have worked for this company for 3 years now and it pays me well. Although, in September, instead of working as a contractor as I have for the first 2 1/2 years, I was grandfathered into the company and now am considered an employee.

West is a legitamate company. I have always received my pay exactly on time and it is dependable. You make as much money as you want because you select the time slots that you want to work.

You are paid by the minute, not the call. The client that I work for now is always paying a $10.00 an hour guarantee. What this means is that if you don't receive any customer calls during the time you are working, you still get paid $10.00 an hour. But as it is, the calls flow in to me back to back and I actually make more.

You can go to the website and check it out.

www.west.com

Good luck!

By the way, I just certified to work with LiveOps, another customer call opportunity. I will be signing up for hours with them and making additional money.
  6. Tmonica810999

Tmonica810999 New Member

I had a question about West, being I live in NY can I work for them.
  7. cgregory

cgregory New Member

Timonica

You can work for West if you live in New York. Go to the website and check it out.

Cheryl
  8. Tmonica810999

Tmonica810999 New Member

I tried to apply and they are not recruiting in my area which is Niagara Falls
  9. Homer

Homer New Member

This sounds like a very legitimate work at home opportunity. Unfortunately it's also not available in my area (Anaheim, CA). I hope they expand soon. [​IMG]
  10. clexa

clexa New Member

I applied at westathome on the 20th, it is now the 24th, no word from them yet. I did the automated interview where you read the paragraph. Hope they contact me! It said they would email me within 5 days, does anyone know if it could take longer? I don't want the 5 days to pass and give up, maybe they could still contact me after the 5 days? Like maybe they just havent got around to me yet? It didnt say whether or not it was available for Iowa, but it let me apply using Iowa, so I think Iowa is accepted. Anyway, how long did it take for you guys to get contacted after you called and did the phone interview where you read the paragraph?
  11. seoguy2007

seoguy2007 New Member

Yes it's legitimate and I heard it really works well.
  12. melissamae

melissamae New Member

My mother has been working for West for about 6 months and has never had a problem. She recieves her check on time and in the full amount. She makes her own hours and has never had a problem trading off extra hours she doesn't need. Yes, everyone wants to make more money but she does o.k. It's perfect for students as there is idle time to read or work between phone calls depending on which company you work for and what hours you choose. You'll quickly figure out which shifts have the highest call volumes. They have been advertising in a lot of major publications so there are swamped with applications. Be patient and they will let you know either way. Good luck. Melissa
  13. world1

world1 New Member

I have question about west at home...I got a mail that they have hired me as their west at home agent...
    When i was doing the PC requirement test...In the Techinical support they have mentioned to uninstall Firewall,Noton pop up blocker...
    but they are good,they protect the system...How come they want us to uninstall..
    Please guide me?
  14. Keeper

Keeper New Member

I've worked for WestAtHome for over 1 year now. The reason for the pop up blocker being removed is that the application used by west to train and process calls are all basically the same as a pop up. If you have the blocker on then you have no applications and cannot train or work, hence no blocker is allowed.

I totally enjoy my work with West and the 2 companies that I work for through them. For me, working from home is the only way I can work and doing this job has braught a sense of self worth that I cannot put a price on.

If there is any downside to West, it is this!! Since becoming an employee instead of a contractor they've "lost" over 20 hours of time that I was logged into the system. This happens during longer calls when the main system times out or something and doesn't "see" that I'm there. I've been able to work with the payroll department to ensure that I'm paid the correct wage and I have documentation to back up what I've done and not done. As with any work at home opportunity you have to document like you wouldn't believe as you are the one held in account and your not in an "office" where you can be watched all the time.

Hope this helps.
  15. Buttersbunch

Buttersbunch New Member

Jenn - I am starting to work for a cell company next week and I have some basic questions. Wonder if you could assist me if you have the time. If so please email me at [email protected]. Thank you.
  16. bigred24

bigred24 New Member

I just got hired with west. I am in the process of trying to figure out what company to work for the choices i have now is Direct response, shop nbc, hsn, and virgina mobile. can you tell me the company you work for and the best hours to work for a descent pay.
  17. bigred24

bigred24 New Member

i tried to find CLC and onpoint online and i could not find anything can you please email me more information about these companies.

[email protected]
  18. sandieS

sandieS New Member

I have to say that Liveops is probably one of the better companies. I worked there 2.5 years averaging $500+ a week at the end. I just got "red slipped" for missing one word in an affinity script. So now it looks like I am done. They pay 25 cents a minute, you can work as many hours or as few as you would like providing you have been with them long enough to beat out the other agents for the same time. We called it whack a mole, when the schedule came out 3 times on Thursdays and 2 times on Fridaays. First come first served. I found it could be extremely stressful at times with customers yelling/screaming and cussing you out. That was my day when I got "slipped" last week.
    I will also say that their agent I.D. #'s are at nearly 50,000. Meaning that they have been in business for 7 years and gone through that many agents! You are nothing more than a piece of chopped meet and always more where you came from.[​IMG]
    All in all a pretty good place to work if you keep your nose clean but you will have to pay your dues to get all the perks (back to back phone calls) many a day in the beginning I sat with the phone NOT ringing. But that improved over time. I was even asked to be a "Sales Pro" 3 weeks ago, The best of the best, they said. Then I got slipped for a missed word and now I out, right at Christmas too. As I said you are a piece of meat to these companies.
  19. sandieS

sandieS New Member

Opps, sorry spelled "Meat"(meet) wrong! Brain fart[​IMG]
  20. harrisoncounty

harrisoncounty New Member

Which of these companys hires in AZ?