West At Home Agent

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by beckymom4two, Aug 6, 2006.

1. sandieS

sandieS New Member

Does any one know anything about Willow now Arise? How they to work for and what do they pay?
    I see that they want $99 to proceed with the certification and some 101 course. I worked for liveops and they never asked for up front money other than $30 for a background check. Does any one know if this a lagit fee, are there more fees after that one or this a rip off?
    Thanks for any info you have on Arise/Willow.
    SandieS
  2. sandieS

sandieS New Member

CLC is Customer Loyalty Calls for newspapers. I personally like Direct Repsonse call but you can get some nasty callers and the affinity upsells can land you in a heap to trouble if you are not 100% word for work complient.
    You said you got hired at West. Are you in Florida? they don't hire in my state of Kentucky for some reason but had a friend here that worked for them 2 years ago. She got so nervous over the work that she quit.
    SandieS
  3. Berni

Berni New Member

I have been working for West at Home for almost three months now. So far I have not had any real problems with them. I can only compare them to Alpine Access. I think West's software is very user friendly. I used tho think that Alpine's was redundant and difficult at times. The training is way easier and its done online in your own time and is paid. With alpine training was done through conference calls and took forever. I work taking orders for products in informercials. I love that i never have to deal with angry customers, i can refer them to the actual customer service for that product. At alpine i worked customer service for gap old navy and banana republic. I remember those customers being angry all the time. That alone made it not worth my time. West is paid per minute yes, but I at least am gauranteed min. wage. And now in holiday time the pay is way higher. During no call time, I can work my catalog business, so it isn't really wasted time. So far I have had no complaints.
  4. jroc904

jroc904 New Member

SandieS, I was looking into working for Alpine as well but there are more fees than the $99. You have to pay to become incorporated and you have to pay for the training courses. And I've seen some pretty high prices ranging from $50 - $200.
  5. dean1969

dean1969 New Member

I worked with CLC, what a pain in the neck that was!

I'd dig ditches 50x50 18 hours per day before I'd do any kind of telemarketing again.

Personally I prefer working with affiiate programs. The pay is better and the work takes way less time. More money in less time with less effort is what I prefer. But that's just me.

I'm sure are are people who like telephone work. There are people who like tewlemarketing isn't there?
  6. mj37

mj37 New Member

I just got an email from West to say that my application has been accepted. They are requiring that I complete a lot of personal information. I know this is required to work, however when the email came through, it indicated that there was a "certificate error", and that it could be the result of "phishing". All of the forms has West indicated on them, but I want to be sure before I submit.
  7. kimbertay

kimbertay New Member

What skill are you currently trained for that pays $10 an hour guaranteed? I also work for West but am doing the Direct Response which I hate. I am researching a new skill to train for.
  8. tstaystrong

tstaystrong New Member

I got the same phishing error notice so I'm concerned. I sent an email to their contact email and just want to wait a day to see what the response is.
  9. world1

world1 New Member

Even when I had to fill up those forms from West...Had some phishing troubles but its okay...I sent them a message in contact us and got it cleared with new link .
    Thats becoz of IE phishing ...There shouldnt be anyproble.
    they did pay for the training too...I am enrolled for direct response...had my first day...bit hectic and nervous...
    Most customers were angry and complaining...had to deal with it.Worst part is the upsell and the script.
    Two of them hung up for the hair scalp call.felt bit bad.
    let me see how this works out.have to get used to it.

but one thing to mention ...West did send the first training pay check promptly.felt happy for that.
    but guys its a hard work.Not easy.have to deal with many.Bell rings continously.
  10. nacohen

nacohen New Member

SandieS...I currently am going through the process for Arise. It is legitimate company, but pricy to start off with. Arise guarantees a minimum of $10 per hour. They have the top of the line clients that work for them. My father worked for them for many years. Typically Arise agents will make about $16 per hour or more. Like I said, it is pricey though...here are all of the costs:
    Background Check $13
    You will have to pay to start your own corporation- ranges from $30- $300 depending on the state
    Arise Basic Training $99
    Headset Costs: $20- $30
    Additional training per client: $50- $250 (most of them are $100)

Like I said, it is pricey, but I believe it is worth it. I've spent about $400 thus far.

I have also applied for West At Home, and got accepted...I'm hearing mixed complaints though and am unsure what to think of it. I'll keep everyone updated when I do know if it is worth your time or not.

LiveOps seems to be a lot like Arise as well. As far as I know, there is another company called VIPdesk that is similar to all of these companies! Best of luck to everyone!
  11. Stamp4Joy

Stamp4Joy New Member

I am thinking about applying at West at Home, also, and have read the previous thread with interest. Thank you everyone who has taken the time to respond to previous inquiries (I am new to this forum). Can someone tell me if they are hiring in Washington State before I spend the time filling out the application and all? If not, can someone recommend another like company? I work full time and am looking for something to fill in the gaps. TIA!
  12. jonjuch

jonjuch New Member

Hi there,

I just got the same email from West and had the same concern. Did you ever get any clarification about the safety of the website they have us go to?

Jon
  13. jennym349

jennym349 New Member

Hi, Im new to these boards, and just recently became employed with West. I have completed all my training except for a Webinar.. Can anyone who has worked here tell me what this consists of?? Thank You!!
  14. lildmbmonkey

lildmbmonkey New Member

Hello,

I also just got hired for west. I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what a bilingual person (spanish & snglish) will get paid. Anyone know the average?
    Thanks!
  15. world1

world1 New Member

Hi Jennym349

webinar is just one on one ...a PAL will get your name and discuss with you how to use the board like spectrum...how was the training...Then ask you some questions whether you have any doubts.He will activate yr screen and provide you agent ID...which they ask whenever you ask for assistance.

Its pretty quick and they infact pay you in fractions time spent for the interview.

Hope this helps you...All the best.
  16. sarahb2007

sarahb2007 New Member

I just recently was offered a position with West before even getting a telephone interview. Has this happened with anyone? I logged on the West website to check my application status and it said the same thing as the e-mail I was sent, so I filled out all the forms it told me to. I really hope this job works out. For those of you who work for West, do you recommend working in the evenings to get more money? Any feed back on this job would be great. I am excited to start, I have heard a lot of conflicting things though.

Sarah B.
  17. jennym349

jennym349 New Member

Sarah,
    I also never got a phone interview at all. Today I had my webinar.. Which was a piece of cake!! Im so excited.. I cant wait to start but its takes 7-10 days to get my ID and login info. Good Luck!

Also, I was wondering the same as Sarah. What hours do you recommend? I also wanted to know what conflicting things people have heard if you don't mind sharing. And one last question (I promise its my last) On average if anyone minds sharing, whats your average weekly income?

By the way I trained and got active in the HSN skill.

Thanks in Advance!
    Jennifer M.
  18. tab29

tab29 New Member

Hi,

I just joined and got an email that I was hired by West. I sent my identity info but have not gotten the Welcome email. My application statutes says I am hired and should receive this email within 1 business day, but it has been 3. I sent emails to the HR email, and called and left a message with no response. Any suggestions? Thanks
  19. tab29

tab29 New Member

Hi Keeper,

What "documentation" did you keep to ensure you could prove you worked those 20 hours, if you don't mind me asking. I just got hired by West and want to make sure I keep all my ducks in a row incase any mishaps come my way.

Thanks[​IMG]
  20. tab29

tab29 New Member

Yes they do hire in NC. I just got hired.