West at Home continued again ........

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by tweb, Mar 5, 2008.

1. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Tigerlady,

Did you try applying at Voicelog? They are hiring now.
  2. rsoler

rsoler New Member

I attended the conference call today and awaiting the email to start my training Tuesday.
    RO
  3. cathande

cathande New Member

I just began the training with Westat. I just hope I can remember it all. Did you find the training a little overwhelming, or is it just me? I do so want this to work out. I'm to start with Verafast next week, & I noticed you weren't as thrilled with them. I don't work anywhere else, so I'm hoping I can work them around each other. I'm just a little worried about remembering everything. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  4. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

Hi Cathande,

I wasn't thrilled with Verafast because I was bored and I had to log 15 hours a week, which I couldn't do cuz I was doing West training, waitressing, etc. It's easy work and the pay is good. They pay every week, and even though I didn't get the good job bonus for logging 15 hours, I still made between $5-$9 an hour. Don't let my opinion sour you on Verafast, the people there are very nice. Let me know how you like Westat. I'm interested to see what they're like.
  5. cathande

cathande New Member

I'm hung up on the training with Westat. I can't get through the module training. I keep getting a Java not enabled error & can't go any further. Java is enabled. I only have 2 more virutals to do. The modules have to be in sequence, so I'm really stuck. I have to be finished by midnight tonight. Everyone's been really nice, but I'm wondering if I could just code that I've finished, so I can go on through the others. I've emailed support asking that question, but haven't heard back. It's really frustrating. Verafast emailed yesterday wanting me to start this week instead of next. I didn't see how I could do both simultaneously, so I put them off. Something is really trying to throw kinks in everything with both of these trainings. Oh well. Time will tell.
  6. cathande

cathande New Member

Did you have a problem with all of the tons of paperwork for Verafast, & remembering it all? It all looks like Greek to me at this point. So much so, that I'm worried about managing it all. I'm not even sure whether to try it next week. I think it may be a little hard to try to learn it & Westat at the same time, but I don't know if I can wait on either one at this point. They both want me to start now, but I haven't heard back from Westat either since I finally got the assessment in last night. They may want me to role play this weekend, & then start live calls next week. I'm getting down to the wire on needing income coming in right now. I'm supposed to do the webinar & test calls Wed I guess. I'm getting so confused, I'm not positive about anything. And I'm thinking it may be a lot harder than I thought it would be.
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Cathande,

It sounds like you need some advice right about now[​IMG] Ok, I don't work for either of those Companies. However, I have been in the same situation you are right now. Juggling two trainings at once. Here's what I suggest and hope it helps... First take a deep breath calm down then...look at the schedule of hrs being offer from both companies...you mentioned that money is a priority to you right now. Well, then...If westat pays more then verafast request less hrs of work from verafast and spend your energy on westat more. Or vice/versa whichever is greater. If both are equally important to you then I suggest you take another deep breath[​IMG] [​IMG] and think about whether you are really willing to put out the effort. If you can, then go for it. If you feel overwhelm then slow down and give up hrs on one of the Companies. Is better to do great on One then poor on both. Hope this helps just thought I should put my 2sense. Since I can understand how you feel.
  8. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

Hi Cathande,

I feel your frustration, I was training for West and Verafast at the same time. Let me put your mind at rest about Verafast (I don't know anything about Westat). Verafast is very easy! Don't worry about all the loads of paperwork, I stuck them in my drawer and never needed them. I only kept one copy of the script with me just in case I needed it, which I didn't cuz everything is right on the screen for you. The training is simply making the calls, and the case you will first be on is only for training. The teledialer dials out and you just start talking when you hear the phone beep. The script is almost always the same, just with a different paper name or different day the paper is for, but it's right there in your script. You just read, click the person's answer, read again, that's all to it. You don't need to print out all the codes to study, like YNN, cuz when you end the call you can see it will say (YNN, Received paper, didn't receive package, doesn't want gift) and you just click on it. You will be earning money with your very first call, and Verafast pays weekly. You just have to maintain 15 hours a week. I think you should try it. If you really need the money, they do pay well, every week, and I promise it's easy. It's actually so easy I got bored and started keeping a magazine with me cuz so many of the calls I just clicked "answering machine" and went on to the next call. I'll send you a pm. [​IMG]
  9. cathande

cathande New Member

Thanks. I really appreciate your input. I opted for these 2 co. because West at Home still has never gotten back with me. I guess I missed the Mother's Day rush & they now have a freeze back on. I see from a lot of people with them that they aren't getting hrs. from them even after they've been hired. I messed up on the assessment at Westat last night like I was afraid I would. I have to retake. I was so frustrated by the time I got going that I didn't do well at all. I think maybe I should wait awhile since my health is not so great right now. It is kind of overwhelming though since I need to work now. I haven't worked for awhile & haven't been able to find anything here locally, & I'm my only support. Anyway, I guess I'll know shortly what will happen here. Thanks again.
  10. cathande

cathande New Member

With Westat it's different research studies. They have quite a few codings for different types of phone messages. Some are coded non-residential, non working, questionable, & some others. I didn't have my paperwork right in front of me & got really confused. For the assessment you had to listen to a bunch of recordings, & then code them. As far as Verafast goes. I got all of the emails yesterday about next week in the middle of my bombing with Westat. So, I got pretty confused as to what to do next. Do I wait totally until Wed. to initiate the Webinar proceedures, or should I set that up ahead of time to make sure it works. Like I said, I got kind of bumbed out & really confused. My sinus infection is taking it's toll, & I'm not getting much better. I really appreciate all of the support & input everyone is giving me. I have wanted to try something from home for a long time now. I initially tried for West at Home, but I've not heard back from them since applying in Feb. Thanks again everyone.
  11. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

Cathande,
    The webinar I was in was scheduled for Wednesday morning. They should let you know when it is scheduled so you can attend. It isn't required, but will make you feel more comfortable. Then you have a period of time on Wed. and Thurs. when you have to log on for 2 hours each day and make calls. There are no tests or anything. If you still need a bit of training they'll do that on Friday, otherwise you're good to go and you just submit a schedule for 15 hours a week. You make your own schedule so that's good. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
  12. cathande

cathande New Member

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I've already been scheduled for 9 am Wed for the webinar. I've also got to retest for Westat anytime from Mon-Wed. I think I'll be feeling better then & hopefully will do better on it.
  13. steph

steph New Member

Bookwurmee,

Have not heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. Made a few sales already in Avon. Feeling better with vm.