West at Home -- Hired?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by luis84, Nov 28, 2009.

1. CarolinaGuy1979

CarolinaGuy1979 New Member

No logins today maybe tomorrow.
  2. luis84

luis84 New Member

It shouldn't be long....
  3. CarolinaGuy1979

I take that back, about 30 minutes ago I checked the west site and they had my logins infact I Scheduled my first work from 3-5pm cst tomorrow, I only got 12 hrs this week but I mean I just now started working so I am guessing most hrs was already gone, next monday I did schedule me 8 full hrs but the west of the week had none but I am guessing they hadn't posted them yet.

Andy
  4. luis84

luis84 New Member

CarolineGuy, keep checking back. There were no hours available on the DR line until about 1 hour ago, now all FRI, SAT, SUN are open.

Also, under trades, there are hours avil all week.

So, basically keep checking and check under trades, you will easily get your hours.
  5. CarolinaGuy1979

Yep I checked traded and outside of me working from 3-5pm cst tomorrow I also took the 7-8:30am cst from a trade. [​IMG]
  6. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

HI Guys ...

I completed my Webinar tongight and it went very well... a whole bunch of ppl did not show up for the call per role- so we only had a few of on. The PAL was very nice and helpful. We actually spent 61 mins on the call.

I set up 1:30 - 2:30am for my first hours on Sat graveyard. I am too tired tonight to set up anything else and need to get the headphones bought but I noticed the trades have opened up hours over last few hours on the spectrum and thru the week.

I think I am really going to enjoy this gig!
  7. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

CarolinaGuy1979: Yep I checked traded and outside of me working from 3-5pm cst tomorrow I also took the 7-8:30am cst from a trade.
    CG ~

GlaD you got your log ins and got a shift to work! Good luck tomrrow!
  8. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

BTW - when I called for my DR one on one - they were swampped - so it worked out that the webinar was the same thing. Our PAL set us up right away and I was able to get hours immediately while still on the call!

I check back later - going to lay down for little while ...

Cathy
  9. CarolinaGuy1979

Well this is my first day, I will let everyone know how it went, I am nervous, I am up 2 hrs and a half before my shift cause I wanted to go over training once more, wish me luck.

Andy
  10. CarolinaGuy1979

And your right I had no problem finding hrs I have 20 scheduled for this week, was gonna work a few hrs on Sunday they had some green hrs that was posted about 30 minutes ago and when I went back 5 minutes later they was gone so I don't know what happened, anyways I have 20 for this week and already 8 scheduled for Monday but the rest of next week is not up yet.
  11. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Let Us KNow Andy ...how it went --- you should be fine - rember we all need service calls for our stuff and you are helping those customers!!!
  12. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hey - Andy ... I was just thinking about how how many GE items there are ... so its not as much of a breeze as I was thinking. I bet they want you to troubleshoot before sending - right? Thats what I remember last service call on an appliance!

Let us know ...

Cathy

PS - I am both excited and nervous - I have FT work to do - yet I want to get my feet wet before I forget a lot!
  13. CarolinaGuy1979

It was bad this morning I had some from 7am-830am CST it was bad I was so nervous but I just did it again from 3-6 CST and it went great I done good this time and I am doing it again tonight 7-7:30 CST, but your right people do want is to troubleshoot and if thats the case I have to transfer them as we wont do that.

Had some crazy ones to like this lady called in this morning thinking we was 411 wanting a phone number LOL and then this afternoon a man called in wanted me to tell her what was in his new house he just bought.
  14. luis84

luis84 New Member

lol, thank sounds awesome! Good to hear it went well, I am ... having the same weird experience, but it's not half bad....
  15. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hi Guys ...

I got a Plantronics headset from Best Buy tonight and confirmed that I dont have any jacks on any phone from in the house.

I spent $32 and now need to get phone.

I saw a pretty good looking Plantronics set up at Walmart dot com that gets you Plantonics cordless phone with the Plantronics headset for $99 and so I ordered it. there are no reviews on at the site, so I am wondering if anyone is familar with this set here? I am hoping the battery is long lasting enough if I take a long shift...

I plan to take back the BB headset tonight, but you think I will need an extra headset? I figured why notet the matching components?

Cathy
  16. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

CarolinaGuy1979: Had some crazy ones to like this lady called in this morning thinking we was 411 wanting a phone number LOL and then this afternoon a man called in wanted me to tell her what was in his new house he just bought
    OMG ... I can't wait ... really hoping I don't forget everything by the time I start..[​IMG]

Cathy
  17. luis84

luis84 New Member

I bought a 39.99 dollar ATT corded phone from Radioshack, and a 19.99 plantronics headset from Staples.

The setup sounds great and just as good as my FT job headset setup which, I am sure costa whole lot more than 59.99.

I'd recommend this too anyone interested.
  18. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hey Luis ... Thanks for the phone/headset information!

I was trying to find the ADE area to check ut the PKBs ... I totally forgot and cant find how to get there. Can you send me a PM on this? or post if it is something you can only get into during a shift? I am trying to go in and look around a bit ahead of taking a random shift once I get my set and get brave enough to pick up a trade..[​IMG]

Cathy
  19. luis84

luis84 New Member

To get into the PKB's you login to the west at home Gateway, which I assume you have downloaded, if not login to Westathome.net, goto Support, Downloads and Install it.

Then, login and on the right pane it will say DR and have a drop down, there is a tab for product knowledge, click it and it will take you to the PKB's.

[​IMG]
  20. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

[​IMG]Hi Luis ..

that is right ... the gateway!

I am signed up for a shift at 9:30 - 10 and again at 11:30 to 12 tonight ...

I will let you how it goes .. gonna do some review now