West

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by rosielopey, Mar 5, 2008.

1. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

Yesterday was an eye opening experience for me. Prior to my shift I had to call my local phone company and order long dist. for another project I will be working on. When I called and let the csr know what I wanted not only did she submit my order but she also had alot of upsells. I was quiet and patient and listened to her. She was bright and cheery. Of course I did not take them becuase I don't need all the bells and whistles for my phone because we are not supposed to have them anyway. But I left that phone call impressed. So I started my shift and I took those calls with a positive attitude. I did not cringe when a call came in that I knew it was going to have tons of upsells and apos. The first call the lady was very nice but listened patiently through the whole call and she ordered just what she wanted. The second guy that called in I approached him also in a cherry and helpful attitude. He did not purchase the upsells but did agree to both apo's. I believe it is the way we present ourselves. We can't make the customers purchase the upsells or the apo's but if you are nice they will listen, and that is all that can be expected and it shows that you are adhering to the policies and requirements. Most jobs now have a form of selling, even if you work in a traditional call center which I have worked in many there is a form of upselling. If you don't adhere they coach if you still continue not performing as expected you are gone. If we answer the call thinking oh my god this one is going to be a ton of upsells and inside feeling that you don't want to do it the call will not go good. I know because I have been there. We have to remember that we are not twisting these customers arm all we are doing is offering them additional products and they are the ones that have the option of agreeing to it or not. It took 1 call that I made yesterday to see this. Lastly if this was your product that you were selling would you not want to make as much as you could with each sale? If you are honest you will say yes. Remember these company's spend thousands of dollars on tv advertising which I am sure is not cheap. If they are not successful why would they need us. We need them because that is how we get our paychecks. So I am approaching my job with a different attitude, by being cheeful, helpful and lastly becoming a success.
  2. StormyDawn

StormyDawn New Member

Nice post RO! [​IMG]
  3. StormyDawn

StormyDawn New Member

Yeah! Ranking moved from 3 to a 2! [​IMG]
  4. steph

steph New Member

Great post RO. I do not work the DR project but I do work VM and that offers cell phone services and we have promotions that we need to promote and your message has helped me greatly with that. On all my calls and especially the ones that call upset always say how professional, and pleasant I am to speak with so I will work with that. Thanks so much. Wish you the best.
  5. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Hi Rosie,
    Good job! Outstanding! you are absolutely right! Is all about one's perspective and positive outlook on whatever your focus is...I'm happy for you and for others is really simple if your outlook on that particular job etc.. is not good then nothing will turn out right. We all have to ask ourselves if this is for us if the answer is no which is why I decided after asking myself if I wanted to put up with DR and said no that's ok too. I declined DR skill because I HAVE sears/acd and am waiting for another skill coming my way. So, I HAVE choices and I'm assuming if others had the choice maybe they would not accept DR as well. Anyway either way YOU GO GIRL YOU ROCK! THAT'S THE ATTITUDE WE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE IN THIS TYPE OF WORK!
    RSOLER
  6. tweb

tweb New Member

Rosie, you are absolutely right. I must say that if you take this approach the shift goes a lot smoother, for you and the customers. I am happy to say that I have been now working DR for about 4 weeks now and when I logged onto West on Monday, I was a rank 1. I thought I was seeing things. Now, I've been thinking that people must be quitting too. I just didn't think I would be a 1 anytime soon so you just never know. I have gotten 2 feedbacks so far and my total average is 90. So, I said all of that to say that it's all in how you approach it. You will do much better with a positive attitude. You can't make anyone buy anything and you are only there to explain it if necessary.
  7. vkin9772

vkin9772 New Member

Hey guys fairly new to West. I feel like I am doing ok. I don't mind the upsells. I have a really hard time with the cd calls if you know what I am refering to. There are a lot of upsells and preview choices. My problem with these are explaining to the customer what I am actually saying. I do well with most others but these call really trip me up. Any suggestion???? Thanks all
  8. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

Did anyone find out what the oreck email was about?
  9. tweb

tweb New Member

Hey Rosie, I called yesterday about that Oreck email. I was really disappointed to find out that they sent that email to everyone by accident. I was hoping that this was going to be an opportunity to get another skill.
  10. ladyathome

ladyathome New Member

Just a question, do any of the other skills have as many technical problems as the new D8L skill? we have had some sort of issue everyday so far. Just wondering if that is common for West of if it is just because it is a new skill and they haven't worked everything out yet.
  11. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Ladyathome,
    I am on the dhl training right now and can you please tell me what is rate per min they are offering currently? I'm thinking with any new skill they always encounter problems. So, just hang in there I've been with west for over a year now and everytime they get a new skill it's always the same. Don't worry that is normal. can you tell me a little about the skill will apreciate it.
    RSOLER
  12. ladyathome

ladyathome New Member

currently it is 0.17 cents per min, but it is in the testing phase and the account isn't official yet I don't think, so that might change, but there are LOTS of hours available and the skill does not have weekend work..I think the hours are from 6am to 7pm central time Monday through Friday. It really is a great skill to work once you get the system down.
  13. rsoler

rsoler New Member

ladyathome,
    I'm glad to here you say is a great skill once you get the system down. would you tell me if you get alot of calls is it always busy?
  14. ladyathome

ladyathome New Member

Depending on the time of day it is pretty busy, I worked an early morning shift and between 6-8 there aren't as many calls as after 8am, afternoons are definitely busy and you will most likely get calls back to back, the other day in my shift I took over 100 calls. Most of the time you are scheduling pickups, so everyone is nice, once and a while you get people wanting to know what happened with this or that, but I haven't had anyone who is rude yet.
  15. rsoler

rsoler New Member

ladyathome,
    thanks for the info I appreciate it.
  16. StormyDawn

StormyDawn New Member

Had trouble with citrix loading again tonight. Had to uninstall then go and download it again. Don't understand what the problem is and none of the PALs I talk to seem to either. Anyway made me 15 min late for my 30 min shift. Scared to see my show up rate now,
  17. DT_1815

DT_1815 New Member

Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum regarding West for some time now and decided to apply several weeks ago. Yesterday I received an email stating they were fully staffed at this point but to continue to check my email as they do send out invitations as business calls for more employees. Should I take this as a "no you're not going to be hired" email or am I reading too much into it? Anybody else get this who has applied lately?? I have 6 years outbound phone sales experience, thought I would have had a great chance to be hired.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  18. cristyb

cristyb New Member

Well I have been waiting a couple of weeks for a reply from west. I'll just take it that they are not hiring. Thanks DT for the info. Does anyone have any info on other companies to work for?
  19. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

Hi Christy
    There are alot of company's that hire now following is a list of some that I know of....
    Liveops
    Fingerlakes web answerting
    Cloud 10
    Teletech@home
    Verafast (I was just hired by them it is outbound on auto dialer but it is newspaper oriented and everything that I read it is easy and they pay weekly. I believe they are still hiring.)
    ACD Direct
    Don't give up on west I am sure they will be hiring again real soon. It looks like they keep picking up clients, but the other places should give you a start.
  20. DT_1815

DT_1815 New Member

Thanks rosielopey for the additional info. I will look into these as well as looking for that invitation from West. [​IMG]

And Good Luck to you cristyb.

DT