West

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by wahdell, Jun 12, 2008.

1. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

I think my point was misunderstood, and I'm sorry for that. I understand that the agents who were used to making several dollars more an hour are upset and angry about the pay rate. I would be too! As a new agent, unused to making money from home, I'm thankful to have a steady paycheck without having to leave the house. Would I like to make more than mw? Absolutely! Is it unfair that you have lost money? Absolutely!

I just think that when we start looking more toward the negative aspect of things then after a while that is all we can see. On the positive side, we are making money from home, no gas to pay, we can wear our jammies if we want, no getting ready for work, driving there, driving home, dealing with supervisors or coworkers, paying a babysitter, etc. I know this pay rate is not ideal, I totally agree with that. But it's not all bad. [​IMG]
  2. steph

steph New Member

I have to agree with Bookwurmee as hard as it is sometimes we have to look at the bright side of things. Just keep the faith. For right now you are getting paid to work from home, continue to look for other avenues of pay, maybe another skill offering may come your way. Just hang in tight. Do not do things that may hurt your work reputation because other companies you want employment with may contact West for reference. Log cust. complaints regarding reps that are not taking the time to answer questions, cust. getting disc. such on. also put in your comments. They do listen. Also, if you want to be invited to do other skills you need to continue to strive to keep your stats, monitors and etc where they need to be so they will offer you another skill. They will not if they are not happy with u on the current skill. It is not that we do not want to stand up and fight for what is right because we do but we need to think what is in the best interests of ourselves. You cant make judgements on people you do not know because they do not want to do this boycott thing. It may simply be, because they are in desperate need of income to keep the household going and they do whatever it takes to keep employment but maybe look elsewhere for employment that may bring in more money. I make a point to let a pal know every now and than that the new way of pay rate is not all that great. We are all in the same shoes here and lets be considerate of everyone's point of view. Not everyone is going to agree on the proper method of handling this issue. All I am going to say is think before you make any harsh decisions. In my eyes, I think things are going to have to change. Lets all continue to give each other more on the positive support than negative. Negative will just raise your blood pressure. Do as others have done and seeked secondary or employment elsewhere such as voicelog, verafast, alpine access. Anyway that is it for me.
  3. Romeu

Romeu Guest

Has anyone ever had West give a Training Extension after their session ended?
  4. steph

steph New Member

Not sure never had to request one but contact a pal for the skill you are training for and they will advise what to do. Or go to employee site and under faq type training extension and see what it tells you on how to ask for an extension on training. Sorry could not be of more help. Wish you the best. [​IMG]
  5. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Is anyone working for lenscrafters skill at west? if so, let me know how is going for you. I just completed the training/webinar am waiting for my logins/pswrd...To start working. I will be working this line by next week part time. Is new with west so, maybe some of you will get this skill as well. let me know if anyone has it?
    RO
  6. WorkAtHomePro

WorkAtHomePro New Member

Geez. I had no idea there was so much controversy surrounding the VM skill with W*st! Wish I'd looked here before I signed up for VM VMU! But then again, the only other skill offered to me was DR, and it seems to have its share of problems as well.

Kinda makes the $9/hr paid by Alpine seem a lot more ...decent, somehow!

WorkAtHomePro
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

ROMEU,

I got an extension back when I was offered sears skill 2yrs ago. I called a pal and requested it and she send out the email for me. but I know you can do this by emailing HR and requesting for an ext.. try it.
    RO
  8. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Heads up!

If anyone is offered the lenscrafters skill take it! they are paying by the hr for now...and is easy just making eye DR. APPOINTS! HRS WILL BE FROM 6AM-3AM STARTING NEXT MONTH now is just 7am-10pm but it looks like they have plenty hrs especially coming soon. Grab it if you get the offer.
    RO
  9. wahdell

wahdell New Member

I wish i could get the lenscrafter skill!!! The Hampton PALS pinned me to death so now they won't offer me anything. I would like to do cricket as well, but im stuck on VM
  10. rsoler

rsoler New Member

For everyone that has DR!

I don't think that the pay wst offers for the DR/VM SKILL is really there decision entirely. The reason why I said this is simply because Ijust got the lenscrafters skill and got an email from wst telling me that the decision was made to always pay by the hr on the lenscrafters skill. So, we will never get paid by the per min rate etc...and in addition they said the decision was made to protect us when call volume is low and that we will always know what to expect from our paychecks. So, I think that is wonderful news. Hopefully, they will implement changes on the other lines and if not, than I believe that the decision was made by the lenscrafters MNG ETC...because remember Wst pals don't even know when the schedules are posted and many times pals have told me that they don't know if the pay min rate will change and so forth. this really indicates for us to read between the lines and come down to the conclusion that when it comes to pay WST HAS GUIDELINES in reference to the minimum but depending on the line the ultimate decision in regards to pay offer is decided by the particular line we work for...don't you think this makes sense. Otherwise, we would have more stability offered on all skills not just on some? I think is worth thinking about it don't you? Anyway, if anyone gets lenscrafters skill they will know exactly what to expect from now on.
  11. florida

florida New Member

Could someone tell me alittle about the application. I am reading that it takes about 35 min. Is application like any other job app. asking about past jobs etc? Is ones skills tested during this time? Are you able to leave the application and return to finish or does it need to be all at one time? Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks in advance. I have enjoyed reading through your posts.
  12. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

RO,

Thanks for bringing this up. That does makes complete sense. Why would West pay such different pay scales for everything if they had all the control over it? Good point. [​IMG]
  13. Romeu

Romeu Guest

Thanks for the advice regarding Training Extension. I requested it via the support site and a few days later they granted it. I'm finished and Passed. [​IMG] I'm supposed to call now for the Webinar--I'm a bit nervous about this. I wonder how long after that can you go in and schedule your hours and also, are we required to work any specific amount of hours per month?
  14. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Romeu,

It all depends on the skill you have...usually WST pals will tell you it takes up to 3days to acivate the skill. However, I have numerous skills in which the skill was activated the same day. especially if is not your first time with WST. Once the skill is on active you will be able to schedule hrs. Congrats on PASSING!...WHICH SKILL DO YOU HAVE?
    RO
  15. mustangk

mustangk New Member

I just realized Westat is not West at Home. Westat does research surveys. Does anyone out there work for Westat??

Thanks!
  16. Romeu

Romeu Guest

RO:

Thanks for responding! I'd be starting my first-time skill--Billingual DR; so, any tips for that first day, week... would be really appreciated.
    Romeu
  17. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Romeu,

I don't have that skill but many on this forum do..hopefully, someone will give you some info. I think that you should read all threads on this forum so you can get the information already posted regarding DR.

RO
  18. muffinlou

muffinlou New Member

also work for west and VM,, i think some of the pay reflects how well you perform and the part of the country you live in.? NOt sure on that but just my evaluation from what i'm reading. yes the pay per contact and per per min was a big hurt,,but i'm now making on a per work hour pay..which is sometimes better,,,sometimes worse. but mainly for the better becuase I do make better than min. wage and never work over 10-12 hours a week. it pays for my internet and xtra$$ to spend. I do agree some of the pals are terrible and don't seem to have the training they need to be considered our comand to reach out to...i've only worked with the companysince december 07 but have told many pals tips and tricks and how something needs to be done whenthey post the wrong info on the board. Better managmeent is something i think west needs to concentrate on.
    I don't like having to send in questions because most of the times they are never answered & it is always a pal that answer not HR or anyone of help. but it is an easy, flexible way to earn a little.
  19. muffinlou

muffinlou New Member

someone mentioned working for CRICKET,,,how do you get to be at home agent with them?
  20. cropchick

cropchick New Member

rosielopey: Try Tele Tech, I just got hired on with them. I know they are looking for 80 agents to fill a contract. Permanent Part time.
    Do you have their web site?