What are some of the tricks people use in SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Aselrod, Dec 6, 2009.

1. mattjosh

mattjosh New Member

Use Wordpress. Really easy to use and easy to optimize.

You can download these plugins to make your life easier:

All in One SEO
    Google Sitemaps

2. rushal

rushal New Member

someone tell me about the proper information about the SEO. And how we can genrate traffic on our sites. tell me friends.

3. WOWAustin

WOWAustin New Member

Lauram - search WEO wiki and you will find some very good information.

4. michaelcole

michaelcole New Member

A good way to use SEO in articles is this

Have your keyword in the tittle.

Write four or five paragraphs of about 80 words each.

Put your main kyword in each paragraph at least once and never more than twice.

5. jamess

jamess Member

After penguin and panda updates there is only trick is content which you can use promote your website...

6. villasana

villasana Member

To do it yourself this is the process that you have to follow:

First we need to know what people is looking for in the Internet
    helped by a keyword and then post information regarding that keyword.

We will focus on

- Keyword Research
    - Post Optimize Content
    - Press Release
    - Bookmarking

- Keyword Research
    1.- Get Google keyword tool
    2.- Type the keyword on Google
    3.- Click on related searches
    4.- Check Global Monthly Searches, selecting exact
    5.- Open Google type allintittle:keyword
    6.- Open Google type "keyword"

You will find that key word base on the bellow information

Google keyword tool
    Monthly search All in title Competition
    [exact] > 899 allintitle: keyword < 10,000 "phrase" < 50,000

- Post Optimize Content
    Now that yo have the keyword you will post content regarding that
    keyword on your blog or web page follow by:

Keyword in your domain name?
    Keyword in title and keyword section?
    Keyword in the description?
    Keyword in 1st paragraph?
    Keyword in last paragraph?
    Keyword emphasize in your body ?“ Underline, Bold, Italicize, Anchor text
    Keyword in the heading tags H1, H2, H3?
    Keyword scattered throughout body ?“ 1% to 2.5%. Tops 5%
    Keyword in all tags for images?
    Use "no-follow" on external links?

Best regards
    Luis

Ray R Barmore and Jacq1292 like this.
  7. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

Thanks for this tip!

8. miller111

miller111 New Member

Do you want to know about white of black SEO?

9. KB24

KB24 Active Member

SEO = Search Engine Optimization.. It starts with a keyword do good keyword research. It used to be that you had to get backlinks to your site. Google doesn't value this as much anymore. You can still get backlinks but what google values is good quality content (content that people want to read)..if its good content then it will get shared tweeted and liked giving your content somewhat of a viral effect thus giving you backlinks to your site..

Hope this helps..

10. gowriter

gowriter Member

When it comes to SEO, you need to stay on top of the latest rules and trends, like the Panda and Penguin updates. The make money online community (MMO), unfortunately, is often the last to know. By that point, you're way behind the power curve.

Take the time to read SEO industry blogs to stay abreast of what's going on. SEO-Hacker is a good one. SEOMoz, Search engine watch. Those are all good.

[Post edited Link removed - Admin]

Tom_Prendergast likes this.
  11. Dennis_Roeder

Dennis_Roeder New Member

During the development of the Internet and the ability to search for articles of interest, many search engine optimization (SEO) tactics were used to get web sites listed in the search results displayed on web browsers. Some of these tactics were actual tricks such as hidden keywords, keyword stuffing, link exchanges and etc. However, the sophistication of search engines today with the addition of the "panda" and "penguin" algorithm has forced marketers to eliminated such practices.

SEO today is a practice of "good quality content" full of useful information. A Blog, where this content is entered, with a "RSS" feed that can be distributed to many other web sites and blogs.

It would be more convenient to work with a group than to tackle this job as an independent individual. Have you heard the term "symbiotic marketing"? This is a phrase being taught by Tom Prendergast, CEO, of Veretekk.com. It is the process of organizing many marketers into a group that supports and promotes each other. The members of this group may or may not be involved with the same products or interest. But, their support and promotion of each other helps each individual of the group succeed. And, the members of one group can or will probably be a member of other groups.

12. jamess

jamess Member

There are some following tips rank well in SERP which is I am using.
    Write click-worthy titles and descriptions
    focused and optimized URLS
    Write a great meta description
    USE Social Media
    Do content marketing

13. I posted this in another thread but believe it is pertinent here as well.

I am also preparing a weekly live web cast based on the shift and knowledge that the new Panda and Penguin require. I read a lot and have a huge SEO business and many would consider me an authority on SEO.

Anyone is welcome to these live web casts.

Thomas Prendergast

James Eckburg and Diana MEYER like this.
  14. Ida Mae Boyd

Ida Mae Boyd New Member

When using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on your website, resist the temptation to include common misspellings of your keywords to increase hits. Most search engines today are smart enough to fix users' mistakes before the search even begins, so traffic will not increase using this method. Instead, your site will appear unprofessional and untrustworthy to visitors.

For SEO it is very important that your content is unique. Make sure that the information you provide is different than what can be found on other sites. Your content needs to be your own, not copied from another web site. Unique content will help get you rated well.

The coding of your site should be streamlined in such a way that major search engines' spiders are able to easily and quickly find your page. SEO ensures that spiders are able to determine what your site is about, which then allows them to assign a relevancy score relative to other sites. To create a more defined site, use CSS, or a cascading style sheet.

Use the NoFollow relevance tag on links which you do not want search engine spiders to get to on your website, like "read more" or your Contact Us or About Me pages. These are 'NOT' the pages you want people to land on, so why pass any links to them?

Page rank is not the end all and be all of search engine optimization. It's quite possible for a site with low page rank to be higher on a search engine results page than a site with a higher rank. What is key, is the content of the page, its keywords, inbound and outbound links, and proper SEO.

Study the demographics of your intended audience, and find out where they search. If your intended readers tend to use one search engine over another, it may be best to focus on getting the attention of that search engine over others. Not only do you need to consider the search engines themselves, it is also helpful if you are optimizing for the people looking for the information in your niche.

15. Kevin Jacobson

Kevin Jacobson New Member

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very complicated subject and for the average person, can be a very daunting task. People are always looking for the easy SEO trick or a new tool that would enable them to just push a couple of buttons and shoot them right to the #1 spot in Google, Yahoo and MSN/Bing. The hard truth is that it is not easy and simple, there is no one SEO trick or push button tool that is going to get you to the top of the search engines
    without taking the time to study the strategies and techniques and putting in the time and work to make it happen.

There are tools and systems that will speed up the leg work involved, reduce your time and effort and accelerate your results to some extent. With that being said, I could write a whole book here on the science of SEO but this is not the time or place for that. My suggestion is look at this as an ongoing project and continue to learn and put into practice what you have learned.

A wise man once gave me excellent advice on the subject of taking on a large and overwheming task,
    when I asked him how I would ever complete this large project that had been assigned to me.
    He asked me "How do you eat an elephant?"
    I retorted "What does that have to do with anything?"
    He calmly replied "It has everything to do with everything, just answer the question."
    I replied sarcastically "I don't know, with a fork."
    "No" he said, "One bite at a time and you probably shouldn't eat the whole thing in one meal."
    That opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking at this.

Now back to SEO, because unless your website is about How to Eat an Elephant, that was just a little friendly advice! A successful SEO campaign has many components. Where you want to start is at the beginning. Get right down to the basics. Choosing the right keywords is the most important step in launching an SEO campaign. You need to find keywords and keyword phrases that people are actually searching for, not necessarily what you may be thinking of searching for. This is not an area that you want to guess at or go by your own opinion. You want to know exactly what people are searching for before you expend any effort getting to the top of the search engines for a specific keyword or keyword phrase.

There are many tools out there that can help you do keyword research. Some are free and some you need to
    pay for. Make sure you choose one that determines the average daily searches for a given keyword or keyword
    phrase in the 3 major search engines, Google, Yahoo, and MSN/Bing. Also, one that gives you results of many
    other related keyword phrases using the keyword or phrase you input. Then go down the list to some of these
    other phrases, copy and paste them into the input box to dig even deeper.

Some tools allow you to export and download an Excel file of your results. I set up a keyword folder in my documents on my computer and additional subfolders for each related keyword phrase so I can refer back to and compare them right on my computer. Don't let them sit too long, as these results may change over time and what people are searching for can vary. You may want to update them from time to time to see what is trending. This does not mean you need to abandon what you were working on last year or six months ago, because things cycle. It just will keep you fresh and give you some more ideas for other related keyword phrases that you may want to put some effort into.

16. JudyCurtis

JudyCurtis New Member

I agree James... SEO is a learning process, and the training sessions at Veretekk are superb. I see this as an on going learning process, as SEO will change as the Internet changes.

Judy Curtis

James Eckburg likes this.
  17. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

I'd like to add. Don't use exact match domain names anymore. i.e domain name same as your targeted keyword

18. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Yes and no, branding still counts but the content is the deciding factor.
    A keyword domain name does not penalize you, lack of content does.
    If Google dropped every keyword domain then brands would suffer.
    All Google did was drop keyword domains without relevant content.
    Coca-Cola.com still ranks #1 for Coca-Cola, as it should.
    Don't be afraid to use a keyword domain name that fits.
    Just make sure there is plenty of matching content.

19. Bradshaw

Bradshaw New Member

Create a website full of great content and fill it full of as many different keywords that you think people will type into search engines to find your product or service, once you have done your research on those keywords to rule out your competitors, go round all the places stated above and use those keywords wisely to create high pr back links.

Don't be tempted to to ping or use bots because the next penguin/panda update will see it a mile away! Just do it naturally and you will be ok, its a tedious task but it will pay off in the end!

20. Buzz Watson

Buzz Watson New Member

Key words (exact) in url, meta title, meta keywords, within article (1:100 words), keyword phrase in first and last sentence, social interaction and engagement, video, comments, article marketing....jeez the list goes on.