What are some of the tricks people use in SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Aselrod, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Buzz Watson

Buzz Watson New Member

exact keywords within the url like: keyword: MySite =www.ThisIsMySite.com---see? Don't use an exact match url like:www.mysite.com!

2. ashleygreen

ashleygreen New Member

on page optimization and off page optimization are important SEO factor

3. kimboathome

kimboathome New Member

Good SEO is a combination of On-Page Optimisation (site structure, Title Tags, conversion etc) and Off-Page Optimisation (back links, social shares etc).

To make the on-page side of things easier, just install Wordpress (wordpress.org not wordpress.com) on your website and then install and setup the SEO by Yoast plugin within Wordpress. Do this and most of the initial work is done.

From here you want to be putting out high quality content on a consistent basis, the more often the better providing the quality doesn't suffer. This is what will keep people coming back for more, share your content of there own free will, build you a following, and then the sales will follow.

The last piece of the puzzle is to promote your website through other website and social media. The key word her is "promote". Too often people get backlinks for the sake of it, because that's what they're supposed to do, and usually that backlink isn't going to do much for their site. So think in terms of promoting your site and getting the word out there instead of backlinking for backlinking's sake and you should be right.

Giving people value in the top forums and the comments section of the leading blogs in your niche is a good start. From there you can move onto doing guest posts on those same blogs. If you're content is good enough and the owner of the blog is open to guest posts, you can have your work featured on their blog. Not only will you get a high quality, relevant backlink from it, but you will get eyeballs leading back to your site. But the general rule of thumb is to focus on quality before quantity.

4. shuvo

shuvo Member

You can get a lot of resources about SEO from the web.But still in short you do it to increase your traffic from search engines organic listing and it helps search engines to index your site better.

5. Art

Art Member

Recently I had success with social bookmarking. The strategy I used was to use different cloaked links all pointing back to the same page - for google it looks natural and it ranks your page very high in a few days! The software I used is 'Url Shotgun' which allows you to create tens of cloaked links within seconds. You should check it out!
    Good luck,
    Art

6. Anders J

Anders J Member

What do I do for SEO?

Well my wordpress blog has the SEOpressor plugin installed and that helps me get very good SEO posts when I do content for my site. I do basic keyword research with Keyword elite II and stick with phrases that fit in with what I am going to write about or other forms of content. I use whitehat way only. I use few keywords, my own name and it slowly grows.

I outsource the SEO and it gives me links from bookmarking, forums, directories and so forth.

7. mouadj

mouadj New Member

There is no secrets in SEO. it is just a process that can be learned and done right to get good results... and avoid black hat seo to avoid penguin and panda penalization

Kind regards,
    John.

8. moneysmartad

moneysmartad New Member

Such a great post ! thank,s to everyone.