What are the differences between Safelists and Viral Mailers?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Joan Beaulieu, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Joan Beaulieu

Joan Beaulieu New Member

I am new to this Forum and look forward to learning from various discussions.
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Both contain a list of people willing to be emailed other peoples offers. There isn't fundamentally that big of a difference that I can think off.

Viral Mailers...the new Safelist :)
  3. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

In my opinion, and through my experiences...

Safelists are garbage.

Its mostly a bunch of spam, and no one really opens much mail.

The only reason people do is to get credits to blast out their offer.

Just circular logic, and a waste of time.

If you are going to market via email... Just go with a good solo ad
    provider. I know a few excellent sources, but that's just me.

To the top,
    Zach Andary
  4. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

The problem with solo ads is that you mostly have to offer a freebie to his subscribers and therefore you tend to get lots of freebie seekers subscribing rather than buying and you don't get good buyer conversions in your sales funnel, or later down the track through your promos to your subscribers.

Then there's the difficulty in finding good suppliers. Many say they will also send to their buyers list yet sales conversions typically are less than 5% - often a lot less.
  5. Brett Ramsburg

Brett Ramsburg New Member

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Here's my own take on this.

If you want to succeed online, DO NOT use VIRAL mailers. They work like traffic exchange websites and you would be wasting your time and money there. The goal of all the people that go there is for them to view other people's ads and earn credits. They are not in the MINDSET of "I am a newbie and looking for some sort of a home business".

I have tried those in the past. Worked with a few companies and never made any sales with that.

You would be better off with PPC, solo ads.
  7. whitney black

whitney black Member

They are basically the same thing. I have found the traffic to be of very low quality, and haven't gotten that many conversions from it personally. But maybe I need more practice. Try them and see if they work for you! One thing I can say is the traffic is very targeted for the make money online niche.