What are your BIGGEST challenges

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Jun 4, 2011.

1. talfighel Silver Member

Hi everyone,

What are your biggest challenges when it comes to making money online?

For me, back in 2002 when I got online, it was finding the right path or the right opportunity that would lead me on the right track to success online. It took me 5 years to find the right program and being on the right track to making real money online.
  2. Ernest Morse New Member

My biggest challenges when starting out was not comparing myself to my mentors who were making ridiculous amounts of money. By comparing myself to them, I was finding reasons why I couldn't do this business because I didn't have what he/she had.

I encourage people to find what makes you unique and know that is what's going to make you stand apart from any competition you perceive you have.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

4. AllenF New Member

Hi Talfighel,

My biggest challenge has been getting enoug traffic to my sites, quite frankly.

Without traffic what good is a website? Traffic is what makes the sales, so we all need traffic, and we can never get enough.

I've done articles, videos, free reports, I answer people's questions at answers.yahoo.com, all with some luck, but certainly not enough. And I am on page one, #1 of Google for several keywords, so I am getting some organic traffic.

I'm making perhaps a steady $150 a month (yes, pathetic), when I should be make a steady $1,500 a month. And I've been at this for more than a year.

So traffic, that's what is catching me up.

Any suggestions?

Allen
  5. FreeCashMan Active Member

The big challenge, but in a positive way, is when you are having success and being able to keep up your own marketing as you assist and help others.

One must always keep their own marketing going, and going and going.
  6. simpleflair New Member

The biggest challenge has been to keep myself focus on the projects I work on. It's inspiring to read what other people do to make money online. It's hard not to get sidetracked by what they do to become successful.
  7. Jose Roman New Member

Biggest challenge for me is staying motivated. While running a brick and mortar business which is doing great, thanks to online marketing, I find my energy levels are depleted by the time I get home. Slacking on my online biz has been a problem. Do most of you guys just handle your online business only? Or do you have a biz/job as well?
  8. Just2EZ Gold Member

Jose Roman: Or do you have a biz/job as well?
    Iron-ically, my business is helping bricks and mortar businesses get on line.
    So yes, it does interfere with my own marketing yet enhances my range of contacts.
    You might let an employee or friend do your blogging while you close sales.
    Motivation comes from having a passion like you do for ironwork, or me for pain relief.
    It's easy to get frustrated and give up - one day/week/month too soon.
  9. My biggest challenge is to stay focused on the tedious aspects of online marketing.
  10. kenwrites New Member

My biggest challenge when I first began was "shiny object syndrome." Not focusing on one method, but rather purchasing the latest greatest thing ALL THE TIME. LOL Once I stuck to one method, I began earning a steady income in a few weeks. That was over two years ago.

Now my biggest challenge is not giving away stuff all the time.
  11. Curt8888 New Member

Before I found an "idiot-proof" opportunity that anbody can do that only takes about 3 minutes per day...

...my biggest challenge was putting up with whiners - who instead of looking to work an opportunity, always found it easier to complain... and take up a LOT of my time...

AND of course, dealing with the naysayers in the real world who just figured I "didn't want to work a job"... [IMG]
  12. Aiming High New Member

My biggest challenge has been focussing and actually making myself sit down to work. I love working from home, but there's a lot to distract me. But I think I may have this sorted now with my new time management program. It's very promising and I've certainly achieved heaps more than I would have without it.

But of course time management is only one of the many challenges of creating a business and working from home, especially with a online business.

It's amazing that we really do all seem to have the same sorts of challenges, just as different times!
  13. mydream250990 New Member

hi! everybody
    i'm a new member. i am not a native english speaker. so i think speaking english is my biggest chanllenge now. i still try to pass it. english is very important for my jobs. glad to meet you in here ^^!
  14. FreeCashMan Active Member

Aiming High: My biggest challenge has been focussing and actually making myself sit down to work.
    That's probably the biggest thing that holds people back that are not full time in their biz.

Allocating an hour a day, with a plan, can get many very far. They just need to be serious and do it. If they had to show up for work they would be there, must have the same attitude towards their home biz for maximum success.
  15. CeleneHarrelson New Member

Mine is continuously focusing list building and marketing. It's so easy to get sidetracked with projects.
  16. cdthomas78 New Member

Right now the key for me is staying motivated. I'm starting out so I'm trying to learn a method or schedule that is going to work for me. Starting out, there is so much information on affiliate marketing that it is so easy to feel very overwhelmed.