What Blog is Best

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by karma, Sep 5, 2008.

1. karma New Member

What is the best blog from your experience. Everyone will probably say wordpress but im not sure how long my blog will stay on Wordpress, (with their anti affilliate links rule).

Thanks
  2. Hattrrrick New Member

I like squidoo. They call their blogs lenses, but it's the same thing. I have also used Blogger.com
  3. karma New Member

Hi Hattrrrick, I have used Squidoo too. Havnt really got into it in detail yet. I might give blogger.com a go.

thanks
  4. candi New Member

Wordpress is fine just as a normal blog software, but with their rules it is a bit tricky for some of us. I see most people using Squidoo or that free blooger one.
  5. opendomain New Member

I've always liked blogger.com.
    I like that I can add my adsense fields at the touch of a button and I also like that I it is sponsored by google...not sure if google gives any credence to this, but i'm sure it doesn't hurt.
  6. Hattrrrick New Member

Good point on about google opendomain. squidoo and blogger.com both have high google page ranks. That is always a plus for me anyway.
  7. GavinStephenson New Member

With each blog you should have a good keyword density so that you can be found in the search engine and the blog website. Also promote to you list to gain some activity. I know squidoo loves activity if you can do that you will be rank high.
  8. Sonni New Member

If you host your own wordpress blog you can do all the affiliate marketing or anything else you want. It's only wordpress.com (they host it) that they frown upon affiliate marketing. Wordpress is better if you are more concerned with optimization, but requires coding. Blogger is easier since there is no coding. You can do affiliate marketing on Blogger, but should try to have good content and own your own domain. I have both types of blogs so I know a little about each one, however I'm not techy so they're simple nothing fancy. I'm just trying to figure IM out at my own pace.
    Sonni
  9. pcwork New Member

Get your own domain ( for less than $10) and use Wordpress . If your blog is hosted elsewhere, you have very little control
  10. Newbie Shield Gold Member

True, self-hosting is the way to go once you are ready for that step.

WordPress is my platform of choice but I don't use their site for paid hosting. I prefer HostGator. They are green now and that's very cool. They are based in Texas and use windmills for power.

Reducing emissions is now an urgent issue. I hope that the next President has the decency to work with the other nations on this issue. I hope that he makes it one of his top priorities else our days are numbered.

~Newbie Shield~
  11. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: Reducing emissions is now an urgent issue. I hope that the next President has the decency to work with the other nations on this issue. I hope that he makes it one of his top priorities else our days are numbered.

Just move to Montana - we can still see the stars here at night...[IMG]
  12. lukester19 New Member

I kind of like ezine articles. They try to put your blog or article to the top of google lots of the time and let you put in 2 more keywords then squidoo. It is easy to use. But I also like squidoo because it is easy to use.
  13. cupbucket New Member

I personally have only used blogger which is very easy. Just spend a little while on each of the main ones and see which you prefer. It is after all down to individual opinion.

Namaste
  14. BillChechel New Member

I would go with a self hosted blog if your intent is to only drive traffic to your site.

Recently members with the same company as I have had their wordpress.com blogs frozen for this very reason. It seems that they are getting strict with their TOS.

I am in the process of getting my self hosted blog with wordpress.org. Just something to watch out for.
  15. Foxbaron Guest

I use blogspot.com which seems to work pretty good
  16. sahota7 New Member

Wordpress platform is really nice, but can be a little tricky. If you can splash the cash there is some incredible software you can use alongside wordpress to do some of the hard work for you, but u may prefer learning everything inside out [IMG] ..

I used blogger first, and then switched to wordpress!

My 2 penny answer.
  17. johntanyishin New Member

I'm using wordpress and is happy with it.

Blogger is fine as well, just that it is not a search engine friendly format and does not have automated pinging service. You have to manually ping with Pingomatic or Pingoat.

JTYS
  18. sheryll New Member

I'm using blogger cos I'm already familiar with it, but I have heard good things about wordpress.

John, why is it that you say blogger is not a search engine friendly format?
  19. Loomis New Member

I have been using blogger, and I am very happy with it.
    Very easy to use.
  20. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I use Word Press Direct, with affiliate links.
    Host Gator is my #1 choice also.
    Victoria