What did I do to have blogger flag my one draft blog as spam

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by showmestate, Jan 23, 2009.

1. showmestate

showmestate New Member

I got a not so nice email from Blogger yesterday. I was playing around with my very first blog that didn't have any content what so ever in it. It was when he had us go through setting up the account. Well, I named it something that I'm going through right now (because he said to call it anything) this was just to get it setup. Well, during one of the later projects, when I was putting together my second blog, I was playing around with url hiding and putting words in it to go to a specific place but not actually show the url. I never did publish the blog and left it in draft status. I got an email last night saying that it had been flagged for being spam.

It actually referred back to my profit lance url. But the blog name had nothing to do with that. I hadn't published it, it was in draft mode. I was like, what happened here. 'I a note like this:

Your blog at xxxx has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at xxx .

I was trying to find a place to contact them with an email address or something, no such luck, kept getting thrown back into their help sites or forum. So, I just deleted the blog, it was just a "per se" training blog anyway.

So, what I'm trying to figure out now is, did I get that message because I had no content in the blog, hadn't really used it in a couple days or because the blog had a link to my PL website that was totally different then what the blog's title.

As you can see, I am totally new to this blogging thing.

showmestate
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Just fill out the form and re-submit it. A human will review it, so you should be fine.
  3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Showme,

Sorry you had trouble with that. It may be because you were "trying" to put an affiliate link in your first post.

I haven't looked at Blogger's rules for a long time but there may be something in there about not using affiliate links. Free blog sites are sometimes picky about affiliate links.

Read their T.O.S. then check out some other Blogger blogs to see how others manage it. New blogs are probably watched more closely so don't try to sneak an affiliate link in there right away or too often.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I've never had any problems using affiliate links in any of my blogger blogs. I did have a couple flagged, however, and as soon as a human reviewed them (and these had affiliate links), they were approved.
  5. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Ok, thank you both.

I've written and distributed 3 articles. My first one was approved by ezinearticles. It, of course, didn't reference this blog, it was another blog that has content.

I'm sort afraid to distribute my article in various places, for fear that Blogger may mess up my potential business with their spam message in the future and I would have had all those articles in 20 or 30 directories pointing to a blog that has been flagged as spam.
  6. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I have affiliate links in my Blogger blogs however, I didn't when I began since I didn't even know what a link was at that time. Don't give up do whatever it is they tell you to do.

I started a new Blogger blog not long ago and did put affiliate links and adsense in and didn't have any issues it only had two posts at that time. So I'm not sure what is going on with your situation.
    Sonni
  7. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Thanks for the info Sonni. I think mine was due to there not being any content in the blog, it had an affiliate link and it was the first blog. Mainly because I had that affiliate link in my first post without any content. Some kind of combination of those or maybe the one.

But, I've learned, thanks for the support. I'm renewed again.

Thanks again

showmestate