What do you do for a living

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Ms.M, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Ms.M New Member

How do you answer that question? It's a normal question but there's such a shroud of mystery around Network Marketing. For people who are not in it, it's hard for them to believe you are living well off of something that they couldn't imagine being more than a hobby.

I tell people "I receiving a steady flow of income playing a lot and working when I want."

I think no matter what I tell them some people just won't get it until they are living that way themselves.

So I'd like to hear from others, how do you answer the question: 'What do you do for a living?"
  2. manroger4 New Member

I do not have anything big planned for a living I just wanted to get a stable job and a home and family is happy.
  3. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

I just dread this question :oops: Depending on the intellect of the person asking the question, I say appropriate answers. To a highly intellectual, I say "Internet Marketing". To an average person, I say "I create websites and generate advertising revenue". To a layman, I say "I'm a freelance website designer" :)
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

I've used of late, I help people set up a home business and make money from home.
  5. A8ch Gold Member

My usual response to that question is: "I market information products, tools and resources on the Web." If I get blank stares, a quizzical look or strange questions, I simply say: "I build websites." That seems to be something almost everyone understands, and we go from there.

Hermas
    AviralB likes this.
  6. payment proof Member

7. mbasa Member

I'll use the info products, tools etc marketing from now on Hermas because when I look at all my opportunities that is exactly what they do (whether MLM/Affiliate/Cycler programs). I'm actually designing business cards for myself so that I can "prove" to people that I am not a "house-wife" but rather a business woman who works from home.
    Joan likes this.
  8. MarieA73 Member

I love this question!

I reply, "I'm a liberty consultant." That usually gets a follow up question of "What?" LOL

Then I explain, like any of you would, my company's service, "I help others set up their own personal offshore structure and trust account so they can hold assets privately offshore with no reporting requirements. Basically, I help average people reap some of the offshore benefits usually associated with the super wealthy and elite."

It's called the elevator spiel. Whatever you are marketing, you should have prepared and memorized a 15 second or less explanation that is enough to peek interest without being overly "sales-y."
  9. JTGMarketing Member

Whenever someone asks me that question, I just tell them I'm an insurance salesman and leave it at that. Even though I'm involved in other businesses, that is my main one. So, it's not really a lie.
  10. AviralB New Member

Finding an answer to that question is a dilemma!

I usually say "I'm working with a Multi National Corporation which offers a few unique internet based video marketing tools that you can utilize to advertize your business and products. Along with that it offers me an opportunity to have my home-based business with very interesting payments which allows me to earn a fairly substantial amount of revenue."

When you are new in Network Marketing it sounds unusual to explain exactly what you do for a living as people generally expect you to state a simple profession that they can relate with.
  11. whitney black Member

I basically tell people that I work from home with my own business. I'll sometimes say I'm in network/internet marketing, and that I love helping people succeed and become financially free. :)
  12. westfam11 Member

It doesn't really matter what you say to someone who asked that question. If they are working the 9-5 grind and not an entrepreneurial person they will not get it. And no matter how much money you make they still won't believe that you can make an income at home and they still won't believe you have a "real" job.