What do you do with your ID when doing internet business?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by noreal, Jun 9, 2010.

1. noreal New Member

I'm learning the internet business right now and study with a program that deals with affiliate marketing, adsense, etc. and monetizing by making websites like review sites, content site, etc.

I use many tools and is signed up with social bookmark, forum......list goes on.

I'm going to market these sites (ligit of course) but don't want to always use personal sites and sell to friends. I don't want to feel like I'm overloading them with content and info. Is it good idea to create two identity: one for your personal stuff and one for your internet business stuff?

Just want to hear people's opinion on how the boundary is set.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I know what you mean and many of us don't use our real names out there much. [IMG]

Find a 'handle'' that fits you and use it anywhere you are dealing with home business stuff - after a few years if you are successful, people who trust you will recognize your 'handle'

Mine is a variety of mountainmom5... (mtnmom5)...(montanamom5) [IMG]
  3. noreal New Member

mountainmom5

thanks for the idea.

i guess i was worried that in my learning process i would by accident spam people and that i would get banned from specific services.

If it was my real name i thought that it would be detrimental to continue with a spammer labelling on my back.

i will use a handle name for the sites... i signed up with so many sites now that i might have some real names mixed in, but ill manage it somehow.

tnx
  4. Flipper New Member

What i found very helpful when starting an online business noreal was to put all my business usernames, passwords, and email addresses in seperate books.

That way you can keep all your business totaly seperate from your personal stuff.
  5. Bigzeno New Member

I actually use a number of names. As I have a number of quite varied projects I work on at any one time. Rarely would I ever use my own full name online - I like to control that in SEO time so the only tim it appears is on my personal blog-
  6. Flipper New Member

Good idea Bigzeno.
  7. carterstory New Member

We use carterstory for everything business related. The only thing that isn't separate is facebook, but I have business and friends on separate lists so that I can specify who sees what posts, and what I see from whom.
    Otherwise I've got work sites, work mail, work everything is carterstory.
  8. noreal New Member

thank again for all the comments everybody.[IMG]
  9. winlin New Member

Although I use a caricature and a pseudo name for privacy. I use the same identity at different forums and even in some blog responses.

"To Your Success"