What do you think about Melaleuca-The Wellness Co.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by wes03004, Apr 12, 2006.

1. josi

josi New Member

Hi,

I tried Melaleuca about a year and half agoe. As a company It seems stable. I liked some of the products, but hated others. I had a hard time using 35 points on the things we do use every single month. With all MLMs it takes work and dedication to build business. I turned out to not like that company enough to want to be a part of it. So make sure you are prepared to work hard , and make sure you love the company.

Good Luck

2. aWellnessGroup

aWellnessGroup New Member

There is nothing out there today that will beat Melaleuca, Inc. the Company, The Opportunity and the compensation plan.

So wes03004, look no further. All roads lead to Melaleuca and the most rewarding absolutely no risk decision that you are about to make.

There is too much misdrected comments posted above, but single out any comment one at atime and allow me to put truth into the misunderstandins that doesn't even deserve to be read by people who really owe it to themselves to to take a hard look at this Rock-Solid Company.

Don't enroll under me, ask the hard questions to the lady that is offering you an opportunity to enhance your Physical and Financial Wellness. Or ask her to 3-way call the two of you into Melaleuca Customer service.

Melaleuca products (with over 70 patents on products alone) Cost less and work better than the store brand poisons that you have been using on your familiy. Even if they did cost more, why would you put a price tag on your family's health anyway?

And to "thegiftlady", please find out who is the Executive Director above your enroller and please find out answers to the reasons behind all of your concerns, I promise you that you will be glad you did and it will re-enforce the original reasons that you trusted Melaleuca in the first place. Please be careful of negative post on Melaleuca because there are people out there that might believe your story to be accurate. This would take away from bringing a deserving person or couple that are looking as well as deserve a real opportunity into their lives.

I have been in Melaleuca for just 5 months now, I enroll 4-14 customers every month, I am one Director and volume levels away from being a Senior Director and receiving my $10,700 additional Pacesetter Bonus. According to 2005 Statistics, the average Senior Director earns approx. $60,000/year and receives a check for $400/month as a monthly car allowance/bonus. We should receive a total in Pacesetter bonus for $10,700 for our first year. My current status is Director-3. My wife and I will walk the stage at the next convention as Senior Directors, all this in less than a years time.

Last month, just for introducing 8 new customers to Melaleuca, I (along with my sister and a friend I enrolled) qualified to receive a FREE Dell, Pentum-4, Laptop Computer worth about a $1000. Over 3,00 people has done the same. We also earned a Stailess steel Melaleuca designer watch with swiss movement, Best series CD's, 2 5-in-one color scanner, fax color copier, Magic Bullet, etc, etc plus

Are we happy? We love Melaleuca and appreciate how the income is enhancing our lives and the Health benefits we have received by ridding our house of toxic chemicals and harmful personal care products (just what my wife has always been looking for).

I was hesistant (thankfully my wife was not) and skeptical when I was approached to look at Melaleuca. With two boys (3y.o. and 7y.o.), along with owning a Jewelry Business, a lunch wagon food company and studying for my Insurance Certification (and Family life and events), I felt that my plate was more than full and here I am today full of enthusiasium and thankfulness that the Melaleuca Opportunity came into our lives.

And as for wes03004, Welcome to Melaleuca and thank you very much for being a customer.

3. Melasad

Melasad New Member

If you're thinking of joining Melaleuca be very careful to read the entire contract before you sign up, especially all the clauses and the company's policies otherwise you may have some regrets down the road. I just found a couple of posts in this forum by some discontented people and did not even have to search too far.

If you're not sure about something, ask the person who gives you the presentation to answer questions, and show you, on paper, where the answers are, otherwise don't sign up immediately, call the Melaleuca Company and get the answers from the horse's mouth.

I can give you a list of things you should be clearly aware of before signing, just ask.

On another topic, a Melaleuca from the Business Development Department at their Head Office, admitted to me that their Customer Service employees (where you call in to place an order) do not know all the company's policies on the business side; it is not part of their current training. Those people are just there to take orders. However, sometimes those Customer Service employees make errors and give you inaccurate answers to questions about an issue you might have (it happened to us).

If you do have any issues with the status of your account, for any reason, call the Business Development Department where the workers do know what they are talking about. Also, tape all telephone conversations with anyone at Melaleuca just in case you need to refer back to them one day.

Go to a lot of meetings and get trained on how to sign up new customers properly, and then sign up people on your own to be 100% sure that you won't lose them to some of the greedy independents out there ??“ we had a very bad experience with this, which was resolved by Melaleuca though not in a very satisfactory manner. We lost a lot of time and money.

So don't allow others to help you do signups. While you will find that most Melaleuca people in your community are very nice, hard-working and honest individuals, there is always the rotten apple, or two, in the basket. Money is an evil thing and you can make a lot with Melaleuca, but sometimes the temptation of money makes people lose their morals.

We had more than one bad experience so far with Melaleuca - I can provide full details if anyone is interested.

On the other hand, Melaleuca is truly an exceptional company, overall with probably the best and safest cleaning products in the world. You can try any product and if it doesn't work to your satisfaction you can get a refund.

Doing the business side is very hard work, if you have the time to invest, a bit of money and lots of ambition you can do very well, otherwise just sign up as a direct customer and buy the products whenever you need and want them, if they still allow that.

4. estiallina

estiallina New Member

I was a member for exactly 3 weeks until I learned that I had been misled regarding their animal testing policy. I found several practices dishonest and deceptive to say the least. When inquiring about the animal testing policy after having read on www.thegreenguide.com that Melaleuca does indeed test its products on animals, all my sponsors would do is supply me with the same letter written by CEO Frank Vandersloot, about being 'firm but not extreme', and how they don't test their products on their personal care or household products. No mention of their nutritional products, while it is clearly documented on The Green Guide that they did L-50 tests on dogs with their cardio supplement and tested a competitor's product on rats. This is documented fact, yet if you bring it up with Melaleuca people they'll say, "You must have your facts wrong." I can't tell you how many Melaleuca people responded with that to these facts.

Other deceptive practices:
    1. they refuse to release a list of their product ingredient for 3rd party validation of their non-toxic and eco-friendly claims to The Green Guide.
    2. They claim they're 'Not MLM, We're CDM'.
    3. They use artificial ingredients in some of their products. For example, their pain cream, 'Pain-a-trate' has artificial coloring in it!

Melaleuca is just Tea Tree oil, which can be purchased in any health food store and used in many ways around the house. It is very potent, and must not be injested in any way.

Also, what about their requirement to order each and every month, whether you need/want product that month or not - just to maintain your membership. Would you go to your grocery store every week, whether you needed any groceries that week, just to be sure they'd let you in the following week when you probably do need to stock up? Of course not! It's ridiculous.

I left Melaleuca and joined another company with a total commitment to the environment and bringing it's clinically-proven, scientifically based products to the market without cruelty.
    Their natural, non-toxic household products and natural nutrition have no rivals in the market. Finding Melaleuca was a blessing in disguise as it brought me back into the MLM fold and helped me find my current company, whose values completely align with my own.

5. icesar

icesar New Member

I was a member for several weeks. Forcing every rep to use 35 points is artificial to me - it's the income at the bottom of the pyramid that gets funneled to the top. Heck, this was almost two years ago, and I still have some of their unused products sitting around.

Not that they're bad products.

The bottom line with any MLM or Direct Sales to me is that you have to be completely aware of what you're getting into, you have to take it seriously, and you have to work from your conscience. If you can satisfy all those, then go make your millions.

6. hbrew

hbrew New Member

I just wanted to drop a note on what i think of the company, I joined in Nov(2006) and i loved what i heard at the dinner i was invited to.
    and i have a young child and i was looking for a healthy solution for cleaning products ec.. and i decited to tell people about it and my 1st month i got 4 people that were interested in it and signed them up and my 1st check was almost $100. that is great. and i am going to work hard to build my bis. and i have the products and i know you have to order every month, but if you think about it you go shopping at walmart or target or where ever and spend $ also.but at this company you know your not getting toxic chemicals in your products.
    and to other people that say you only are getting a small check well you have to go out and work for it just like any other job.
    its a work at home bis. and if you dont put effort into it you wont get anything back.
    and i like it because i can spend more time with my son.
    i love the company and hope you will or do yoo!

7. dianec

dianec New Member

I joined Melaleuca about 2 weeks ago. I have been researching the company and trying the products. I am hearing both good and bad things. I do like the products I have tried and have no problem switching to them. I have 2 enrollees and several other interested people. Time will tell for sure but my initial opinion is that you get out of something what you put into it. If you don't duplicate the plan or effort, you can't expect the same results.

8. beckie1229

beckie1229 New Member

Hi Wes, you're sure getting a lot of advice!

Yes, giftlady, at Director you go up to 75 points (it does still say 70 in some of the older business kits still floating around). BUT, your commission goes up from 7% to 14%. It's repeated over and over in our kits to HELP OTHERS BECOME DIRECTORS and that's how we make money. We CAN sell the products, but that is not how we make money. It says in one of the books in our kit we can sell the products for whatever price we want to. but not on the Internet.

Back to Wes, the very best advice is to do 2 back to back in-homes and get to Director that first week! Use a conference call on speaker phone, or an upline member on speaker phone, or the DVD presentation on your tv! Join the Mela groups on MySpace or Yahoo to see if anyone will do an in home for you if your enroller is not local. The whole business is about helping others. If you plan to not have in-homes and go straight to buying leads and calling, it may take a bit longer b/c there is a learning curve to talking to leads.

Then make one of your enrollees a Director by the end of your first month,; your commission will be that much higher. On our team a girl lives in the middle of upstate NY and got a friend involved and they have built a small empire together in just over a year, learning to do inhomes together, learning to call leads together. She is at D4 and most people skip right over D5 for some reason. So she's almost got her car and Sr. And she's just 24 years old with no experience.

People usually have their products for free around 10-12 customers because it's likely that by then one or two of those customers have customers enrolled, or are Directors.

Every month there is a way for you to take advantage of a promo to increase your check in some fashion.

And not being able to use 35 points of products means people are still going to Wal Mart, which is their business but is not HELPING their business! I have a customer who enrolled just to be nice, promising to cancel the next month b/c she is single and doesn't use a lot of product.....that was 10 months ago. So I don't see how a couple or a family couldn't use 35 pts. The basic vitamins alone, for one adult, are 15 points!

Someone mentioned Advantage Dollars; it is 10% of your POINTS if you shop by the 16th. Example: a 40 pt order= $4. For each day after the 16th, it goes down 1%. (And for Directors and above, you get 15% if you shop by the 10th!) I saved about 6 months of Advantage Dollars and used them to buy the candles that are $9.99 to use as Christmas gifts. Make your business work for you!

I hope this was helpful!!

9. Somnambulist

Somnambulist New Member

"Melaleuca has been used for over 40,000 years by the Aborigines in Australia, by westerners since the 1700's, and in more products since 1985."

Is it a plant? because I'm pretty sure the Aboroginal peoples in Australia weren't buying up packages products 40,000 years ago:p I am very interested in the Aboriginal peoples of Australia, by the way, and have studied their culture for a couple of years on and off and I never heard "melaleuca" mentioned.

"Melaleuca Inc. has never had to disguise its operations under another name due to bad press and image."

Hmm. I first heard of Melaleuca as a company about 3 or 4 years ago. A woman had posted in a forum advertising it, I think. I checked out her website and she never once mentioned the name of the company. in fact, she said it was "confidential." I was intrigued, because any legit company would never keep itself secret. So I ended up emailing with her a few times and asking her what it was and why she was so secretive about it. It of course rubbed me the wrong way.

10. yahia

yahia Member

beckie1229, are you sure I CAN sell the products offline? Because I am sure that my kit says that I CANNOT sell the products! It is also against the company policy of "Customer Direct Marketing" ... makes sense?

Also mistyb43, I switched the stores and still cannot consume 35 points of cleaners and detergents. Believe it or not, I don't need any nutrintional supplements or weight loss products. I have all what I need in my own culture.

And for estiallina, how would you know if the products are safe or not if they are not tested on animals? would you prefer them to be tested on humans? I am a scientist, with PhD degree in biology, and telling you there is no way to say with any degree of confidence that a substance is toxic or not only from the chemical formula and active groups. Yes you can predict to an extent, but you cannot predict the whole metablic products (that are produced after you assimilate it in your body) in vitro (out of the living system). And if they were not tested on animals I would never buy them because I'll consider their claims theories that need to be proved.

Finally Somnambulist, I consider Melaleuca a good company after all. The monthly points and the complicated and conditional compensation plan are part of the package together with hard work. You get real TESTED products for a reasonable price, together with a monthly check. Only one thing I don't like .. which is banning us from using the name of the company in our advertisement .. the first thing the readers will think is that it is a bad company that is ashamed to reveal its identity.

Good luck every one

11. yahia

yahia Member

Sorry Somnambulist, I forgot to mention that Melaleuca is the genus name of a native Australian plant commonly known as "tea tree". It has nothing to do with tea though. Three species are being studied, and only one (M. alternifolia) is used to produce the tea tree oil by Melaleuca Inc. This plant is the one that had been used by Aboriginal Austrialians, although 40,000 years is not a good estimate. All of these names are English names, the original name (the one I consider the correct name) is different for sure.

12. Sun

Sun New Member

Can anybody give me some ideas on how to make new recruits /customers auto enroll in Melaluca without me 3 way call the
    company for the first time who enroll under me? Thankyou!

13. robinwing

robinwing New Member

I have heard many great things about Melaleuca over the years. What really attracts me is their mission to create a safe world, and to protect the environment. I know for myself, I have a 2 year old daughter so it is very important to me to have non-toxic products around the house.

14. BLChew

BLChew New Member

Well, I have to say that today seems to be my lucky day. I was just speaking with a few family members who was all trying to guess the name of the company of this product. Then I join this site and see it. IF someone is out there who is selling this product, I would like to ask that someone please send me an email so I can get my phone number to them. I am wanting to join Melaleuca. We had the chance to try some of the products and we like it all very well. We are true believers that if someone is going to sell this then they need to believe in the product, or it would make me feel like a thief to sell it and not like it. However, I do want the individual to know that I plan to sign up and maybe some of my children will. However, this will not be my main form of my homebased work. I just do not wish to have someone think that I going to go out and push this product. Yet, Once again I will say it is good and we loved it.

15. yahia

yahia Member

Hi BLChew,

Melaleuca reps are not allowed to sell the products directly to customers. If you are interested in the products a Melaleuca representative (like myself) will help you sign up for your own account through which you can buy those products directly from the company. I have sent you an email as you requested above, please include the best time to call you with your Ph.#.

16. daretodream

daretodream New Member

I recently started as a customer with Melaleuca. Not overly impressed with the person who signed me up as he did not disclose everything, even when I asked direct questions, and I found out after signing up some things that may have affected my decision (ex. preferred customer status is optional, he led me to believe it was not). Overall though, I am extremely impressed with the products. Regardless of the fact that they are environmentally friendly, they are more cost effective and work better than cleaning products I have been using up til now. I bought the home conversion kit and it is time to place my order again and I think I will try some of the soaps, etc this time round. I absolutely do not intend to use this as a business as I am working full time as well as running my business but if I make any extra out of it it will be bonus [​IMG]

17. Jayne48

Jayne48 New Member

GiftLady I am sorry to hear about your "bad experience" with Melaleuca.

BLChew it's nice to know that you want to join up with Melaleuca. I love their products. I hope you have found a Rep to help you sign up with us. If you haven't, I'd be more than happy to talk with you.

daretodream I am also a new member of Mela. I signed up almost a month ago. I plan on making this a full time business for myself. I really don't want to go back out into the work world. I'm tired of the office crap that goes on. I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with the person who signed you up. Maybe he was somewhat of a 'newbie' also.

I'm so glad that I registered with this forum and saw this post.

Jayne

18. beckie1229

beckie1229 New Member

Yahia, sorry, I haven't visited this folder in awhile!

Business Kit, Appendix book, pg. 24, Statements of Policies/Definitions of terms:

"Personal Customer- A person who purchases product directly from a Marketing Executive but who has not executed a Customer Agreement."

"Suggested Retail Price- The price Melaleuca suggest Marketing Executives charge for products they sell to Personal Customers. This is a suggestion only! Marketing Executieves are free to sell products to PersonalCustomers at any price they wish."

It's Consumer Direct Marketing because it's not sitting around, you didn't buy it to get to a new level...our system is designed so that would be very, very hard to do. Our system is also designed so that we can't make a lot of money by retailing. Except for the cleaning supplies, our PC prices are about as high as anyone would reasonably pay, so we can't really raise the price much.

We would retail to like, our senior citizen neighbor, who may be on a fixed income and could not possibly use 35 pts. of stuff. She may get her bottle of shampoo and and REnew lotion each month, and you may even just charge her the PC price. We make money in enrolling people to shop for themselves; retailing is more for the folks you KNOW will not enroll as a PC but like a few products.

I hope that helps.

Or, I have retailed candles at my workplace just enough to cover the shipping costs, to introduce people to the products.

19. Money4U

Money4U New Member

Great comments Melaman...

I used to be an Amway guy in the past and I totally believe in the Melaleuca brand name and opportunity! The people who educated me about Melaleuca were Diamonds in Amway. I wonder what they saw in Melaleuca! ha ha...

Good stuff!

Have a great prosperous week!

20. yahia

yahia Member

Thank you beckie1229 for your post. Although I couldn't locate it in my business kit, maybe mine is out of date .. or it is a regional condition because I know that in Halifax there are licensed resellers of Melaleuca products.

I wanted to share a personal experience with the customer service of Melaleuca. This happened today. I wanted to return an item from Feb. order because the expiration date is Oct. 2007 and based on my consumption rate I'll never finish it before that date. So I called to place my order and asked the assistant about returning this item and how to make up the points of that order. She transferred me to a customer service representative who asked if I didn't like the product. I told her about the expiration date and she said that I don't need to worry about the points or returning that item. I can give it away as a sample (before the expiration date of coarse[​IMG]) or dispose it, and that she will add a replacement to my new order free of charge.

Given that shipping of the returned items is my own responsibility Melaleuca was very generous with me by this nice touch.

The reason I wanted to share this experience is to make a point. Customer service representatives are regular people, generally they are very nice with the customers because it is one of their job requirements. It just happened to those who had bad experience with Mela. customer service in the past that the cs rep. wasn't in the mode or wasn't the right one for his/her job at that time. Also the surveys that Melaleuca sends to the customers after each contact with the customer service gives the company a good tool to filter and refresh their customer service to maintain the high quality of the service.

I am sorry for those who went through bad experience with Melaleuca in the past. But I have good news for you ... the kind of sales person that misleads the customers to close the sale will never advance, given that you did your part and reported their behaviour to the company.