What do you think about Melaleuca-The Wellness Co.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by wes03004, Apr 12, 2006.

1. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

"Hello, I am hoping that I have found a forum that can answer questions honestly. Am I asking too much? lol I hope not.
    I have recently signed up with Melalueca again for the 3rd time. I quit the other 2 times because of the way my team leaders insisted I had to promote. I really like the products and believe they speak for themselves. That's why I joined. I again want to promote the products on line. I do not want to do any warm marketing.
    Does anyone on this board have any suggestions, please. I do not want to hear from anyone who follows the Melaleuca marketing procedures. Hope I'm not insulting anyone but I want to be true to myself, and not become a follower. Any advice without creating conflict on this would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Rita"

Hello Rita,

Several years ago my dad came over one night and shocked the hell out of me when he opened a box full of cleaning supplies and other stuff for me to look at.

He talked all excitedly about them like I talk about the Ferrari Spyder I will soon afford to buy.

Now, I love my dad. He's the greatest guy a kid could ever have as a dad. I'm the luckiest son on earth. And I wouldn't deliberately do anything to hurt his feelings.

So, after his presentation, he asked me to sign up. I knew he needed me to. He needed the money. He's had some difficult times throughout his life - cancer is the latest - and I'm a sensitive dude.

So, I signed up. I didn't even look at the company's Policies and Proceedures or the Affiliate Agreement. I just signed my name at the bottom of the form and hugged my dad. That made him happy and it made me happy and, oh! Isn't love grand!

But altruism can sometimes backfire! After he left I took a look at what I had just got myself into. Could I afford to buy these products every month?

I burried the thought. And forgot about having signed up. And the end of the month came. And I went to pay some bill. And the money for it wasn't in my account.

Then I remembered. Melaleuca! Oh sh**!

Yup. I signed up on autoship. I had even sent in all the required account information Melaleuca needed for it. How could I be so forgetful!

Now I was late paying a bill. I didn't have anymore money left to pay it. Plus I got charged for the bounced cheque on top of it all!

As I said, altruism can sometimes backfire.

And if you believe in karma how do you explain that? What had I done to deserve this, I wondered.

The reality was I only wanted to help my dad. I didn't want to build a business. And I really wasn't interested in the products either. Yeah, the products were great but I didn't care at the time.

Reality sunk in and the practical side of me kicked in. I had to give my dad a legitimate reason for cancelling my agreement with Melaleuca and find one that wouldn't hurt his feelings. That's just the kind of guy I am.

So I spent hours and hours analysing Melaleuca in a logical way. I wrote down everything I discovered and put it all into a letter format and the next time I saw my dad I gave it to him.

I forget what I wrote but it was enough to convince even him that he should cancel also. So we sent in our cancellations together.

Now the point I want to make is in Melaleuca you have five spots wide and seven down, right? And in order to make any money you want to sponsor five leaders and builders to put on your front line. You want Ferrari Spyders in there and not 1969 Volkswagen buses.

You want self-motivated individuals directly underneath you because they will propel you along. If you put buses on your frontline, then you're doomed. Now you're stuck with aunty May and uncle Bob who were just like me. They were only being nice to you when they signed up.

With Melaleuca you've got to build it right the first time around or you'll have to keep rebuiling and rebuilding again and again. All the work you previously did recruiting your family and friends was a total waste of time and often money.

So you don't want to be too quick in trying to get your mom or your brother or your boyfriend's grandmother to sign up. You have got to be careful who you sponsor into your Melaleuca business otherwise you get nowhere and you get there at such a slow pace you don't even notice until it's too late. All your frontline positions have been taken up by parked buses!

Now you get wise. You begin looking for Ferrari Spyders to sponsor so you can get you buses moving.

Rita, what do you think? Is the company really concerned about who you have on your frontline?

NO! They're making a ton of money on each and every person that orders product every month.

Now do they care whether or not the people you sponsor stay or leave?

NO! To the company, people are not people. People are numbers! It's just a numbers game, Rita. Numbers, numbers, numbers.

Now about numbers, how many do you have to have in your downline on autoship in order to make, let's say, $10, 000 per month? The answer is about 2800 people.

Pretty high. Okay. Let's say you only want to make half of that per month. You only need 1400 people.

Alright, well maybe you only want to make an extra $2500 per month. You'll need 700 people under you.

Most people don't ask for much so let's go even lower than that. Let's say you only want to make an extra $312.50 per month. I'm pretty sure that's usually enough to cover an average monthly car payment. So now you only need to have about 87 people in your organization.

Statistically, on average you need to speak to about 100 people to sponsor one distributor. So to get 87 people in your downline 870 people will have to be shown the presentation.

Now that doesn't mean you have to do that all yourself. You could sponsor the first five distributors and then hope the rest of the people in your organization will do the same.

For you personally then you would need to make a list of five hundred names on average in order to sponsor five people into your frontline.

But remember: you only want to sponsor Ferrari Spyders. So you'll have to find them first before you can talk to them.

Do you think five hundred Ferrari Spyders are easy or hard to find?

Well, I think it depends alot on many different factors but I doubt it could be done very quickly.

One of the factors would definitely be time. How much time are you willing to spend prospecting?

If you're like the 95% of people who join the industry, then you will likely want to work your business on a part-time basis. And if that's the case, it could take you years before you achive that extra $312.50 per month residual income.

Also, remember: people are people and not numbers. For one reason or another they will cancel their autoship on you and you then will have to replace that individual. That means you may have to speak to many, many more people than just five hundred in order to maintain your desired number of Ferrari Spyders.

Let me just say something here that might floor you, Rita.

I ONLY NEED LESS THAN 400 people in my organization IN ORDER TO MAKE $10, 000 per month!!

And I DON'T have to pester my family or friends to do it!!

You want to know more?

Feel free to contact me anytime: (705) 670 - 9326

Warm regards,
    Rob Nyte

2. Joey

Joey New Member

Hi Yahia,

Your tips for Rita were excellent.

When I first joined Mel, I was conned into paying 30 dollars a month for a 'business' web page that was meant to generate leads for my new Mel home business. Despite my vigorous and costly promotion of this personal page, I was not getting any results, and I began to grow suspicious as to why the service that provided me with this web page were also running a service selling leads. This service is something which should not have been necessary at all if the web page that was sold to me, complete with this fancy auto fill out form, was the primary method by which these leads were meant to reach the home business owner, who actually owned a subset of this webpage, which was homebusiness.com/homebusinessownername xxxx (whatever your name is).

Anyways, so this home business page was generating its OWN home business from Mel rep's! Fancy that, a home business making money off home businesses.

Well, now that I'm on my own, and with Mel ONLY (something I was never told was possible before), I would like to ask your advice on the following: (sorry if this is intrusive on your conversation) from where can I obtain

"rotate a lead capture page (which is also free), use an autoresponder (some are free) to send your subscribers emails to explain what you have to say."

If you would prefer not to display details, please feel free to email me [​IMG]

Regards,
    Jo

3. yahia

yahia Member

How much is 5 to power 7 Rob? 78125. This is the number of people that you need to saturate your matrix in Melaleuca. You can start with any parked buses, and when you find the Ferrari put it anywhere in your 25 people-wide second line, and that Ferarri has to recruit 5 to power 6 in order to saturate its matrix, which is 15625 people (more than enough for the 10,000/month). Even if your second line is full, put the Ferrari in your 125 people-wide third line, it still needs 5 to power5 (3125 people) to saturate its matrix.

As a matter of fact you still can put the Ferrari in your front line. Melaleuca allows you to move people from your front line if they are not active or only customers. What you have read several years ago is now several years old.

Now I do respect Michael and his 10 steps ebook. His book changed my life, and based on his advice (indirectly) I pulled out form a business I was promoting after I realized it is not taking me anywere close to my financial goals. He changed the way I see business issues. Even people, I see people in a very different way now thanks to his "colors" CD.

With all the respect that he deserves I disagree with him at some points. If you want to know more please go to my profile and send me a private message.

All the best
    Yahia

4. yahia

yahia Member

Hi Jo,

I am glad you asked, and I am also sorry for your bad experience.

I recommend tetoolbox for the splash pages, as a free member you get up to 5 splash pages that look very professional.

And for the autoresponder, the free ones are ok, but the deliverability is limited. You can try getrsponse.com or freeautobot.com. I was using them when I had my splash pages through tetoolbox. Now I am hosting my splash pages on one of my own domains, which enables me to upload and run an autoresponder software. This one has a greater deliverability because it sends from my own email address that had never been reported as a spammer before.

Anyway, the autoresponder will give you the html code for the lead capture form .. just copy it and paste it in your splash page.

If you need more details please feel free to email me.

Good luck
    Yahia

5. beckie1229

beckie1229 New Member

Rob, you did a lot of math and calculations.

But it's impossible to calculate due to the fact that Mela reps make 3 different levels of commissions from 7% up to 20%.

Another variable is one's business volume depends highly on who is below them: strictly 35 pt. customers or business builders as business builders have to buy 75 pts. once they have 8 people under them.

another variable is the monthy bonus pool that one can join each month that earns people thousands in exchange for hard work.

I would suggest that one be trained in a comp plan's ins and outs before posting like that.

Top earners' status and check amounts are published monthly in the company's magazine, Leadership in Action.

I'm sure your math is correct based upon the straight matrix/35 pts. but the comp plan is very much more detailed.

Thanks for letting me share. [​IMG]

6. yahia

yahia Member

Hi Beckie1229,

Thank you for your contribution.

I just wanted to mention that Rob's maths was in case you want to retire fast how many do you need to recruit. In that case you won't be sharing in the bonuses because you won't be actively marketing in your retirement and you'll only depend on your residual income.

Rob's way of evaluating Melaleuca comes from his saturation with the evaluation of Michael Dlouhy, who I do respect for his experience in the field of network marketing.

Michael considers a company with a large overhead, like Melaleuca, is obligated to pay less to the reps than a company with a humble overhead. And that's why he considers our compensation plan unfair.

What he considers a disadvantage in the company (the large overhead) is what I see our guarantee of stability. A company that invested millions in the land and buildings, equipment, laboratories, and training of the staff ... and is really breaking records in growth as published by the company ... such a company is less likely to just give up and close if there are any problems or new turns in the industry trends.

The opposite is true for a company with a low overhead investment ... if after a few years of success there is a change in the business atmosphere the company, or the individual who owns it because in this case it is unilateral decision, will simply close and start another business that goes with the current situation. Especially if that company doesn't manufature its products, they rent a lab that manufactures and packages for them as well as for other companies. This is not a sign of stability because they don't have any control on their products.

Also, our residual commission is not only the 7%, 14% or 20%, Melaleuca pays upto 20% on purchases made by our direct referrals, and 7% on our indirect refferrals. If that direct referral is in our first line that will be 20% + 7% x 6 levels = 62% which is the maximum commission one can make with Melaleuca. This is very generous and matches Michael's favorite company that pays upto 60% in commissions.

Still, Michaels book about network marketing is very helpful and I wish I found it earlier, it could have saved my time and effort.

7. shepherds

shepherds New Member

Hi everyone,
    I joined Melaleuca 6 months ago,payed nearly $400.00 on a product pack to get started,as I live on a farm in Victoria, and experiencing the worst drought on record, I thought I could do this to earn some extra money, all I seemed to do was spend money every month and purchased products whether I needed them or not, I didnt recruit anyone ,although I wasnt in it very long, maybe it would have worked if I stayed in for a bit longer, I could not justify spending nearly $200 a month sometimes less sometimes more,and not getting anything in return,I liked their products, but some of them gave my daughter asthma,I had no trouble getting out of it, which I was relieved to do,I wish anyone good luck who joins Melaleuca , I am sure they are a good company, probably was bad timing on my part to join, as money was hard to come by with the drought, and I really couldnt afford to spend money on this business.

8. yahia

yahia Member

Hi Shepherds,

I am sorry it didn't work for you, and I do admit it is not easy to make it work, especially without the proper support from your team.

I assume you didn't get the right support from your team because I see you were mislead about what your monthly commitment should be, 35 product points in Melaleuca cost $45-55 ... and the value pack is $199 ... the $400 you spent to start and the monthly $200 are far away from reality. There is something wrong about your experience with Melaleuca ...

Or maybe your team was charging you money for leads and advertising ... whatever the case is please clarify it for us.

Sorry about your drought problem. I hope you don't have to go through this again.

9. trbishop

trbishop New Member

I am looking to purchase meleleuca products at preferred customer prices without a monthly commitment. If I can order through you let me know.
    tr bishop

10. Casper

Casper New Member

I am thinking about going with Melaleucca for a home business I really enjoyed the presentation but I do agree that having too pay each month is stupid, I also don't like the marketing options available when it comes to advertising.

Since I live in a remote area I was thinking about doing my business totally online would that be a good way to make a decent profit.

11. Casper

Casper New Member

Quoting: shepherdsHi everyone,
    I joined Melaleuca 6 months ago,payed nearly $400.00 on a product pack to get started,as I live on a farm in Victoria, and experiencing the worst drought on record, I thought I could do this to earn some extra money, all I seemed to do was spend money every month and purchased products whether I needed them or not, I didnt recruit anyone ,although I wasnt in it very long, maybe it would have worked if I stayed in for a bit longer, I could not justify spending nearly $200 a month sometimes less sometimes more,and not getting anything in return,I liked their products, but some of them gave my daughter asthma,I had no trouble getting out of it, which I was relieved to do,I wish anyone good luck who joins Melaleuca , I am sure they are a good company, probably was bad timing on my part to join, as money was hard to come by with the drought, and I really couldnt afford to spend money on this business. I can kind of relate too this story however I don't live on a farm but in a very small town which is suffering under this drought, I'm on a disability pension & the kind of money they are wanting you too dish out each month is silly.

Since I have several medical conditions which requires me too take 7 different kinds of medication this is money I can't afford, If you have found any other opportunities working from home then post on this thread or send me a PM.

12. JimS

JimS New Member

Casper,

Melaleuca is not perfect. And neither are you and I.
    For some Melaleuca is a good solution. For some. who
    don't have what it takes, it is not.

As for buying $60 or so a month of Melaleuca products
    so you can continue to live more healthy plus qualify
    for commissions and bonuses, that is not a problem
    for me. Melaleuca offers more than enough necessities
    that are better quality than the seconds offered at WalMart,
    et al, and often less costly. Anyone who cannot find $60
    worth per month must not have a non toxic and clean home.
    They probably smell bad too.

I order laundry detergent, laundry spot remover, dryer
    tissues, dish washing liquid for machine and hand washing,
    cleaners for windows, counters, and floors, dental products,
    and bath products. And I order the large economy size for
    better price. Plus I order vitamins and health products
    to keep this 69 years old cancer survivor body fit.
    In other words I'm smart enough to put together
    well over $60 purchase each and every month.
    And how about them Melaleuca cookies!!!

I know some people just can't think very well and can't
    put together at least a $60 purchase month after month.
    I feel sorry for them, but such is life.

As for recruiting new customers, it hasn't been easy, but
    then again, I have learned how to learn and have adapted.
    Now I buy cheap leads on the Internet and make calls.
    This is not for everyone. Some people can't take rejection.
    You can't be a farmer and cry every time a seed doesn't
    grow. I have started my 2nd retirement garden and
    no crying, no excuses, just work and the garden grows.

A clean, non toxic home and a clean body are good for
    us having medical conditions. Plus our love ones see
    that we are still trying to live right and haven't become
    lazy, fat, self centered slobs in our old age. And a little
    work on the side to keep the old brain functioning
    is healthy too.

13. wealthmentor

wealthmentor New Member

I just wanted to drop in on this thread and say some positive
    things about Melaleuca. While I didn't find it to be the most
    friendly company for the marketer, I do believe that they have
    wonderful products.

I am no longer a member today because they made internet
    marketing very difficult. However, I still get some products from
    a friend. There are several of the products that our family loves.
    If you want to try them, I certainly recommend.

We did have some recent good news. We discovered a company
    that offers very similar and even better products in some situations
    that is friendly to the distributor and provides you an online store
    front. I can sell products directly from store to make commissions
    and qualify me for my monthly volume requirements too. It is a
    great concept.

14. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

I was a marketing executive for a number of years.

Am no longer active in Melaleuca but I do like their products.

Joanne

15. Casper

Casper New Member

Quoting: JimSCasper,

Melaleuca is not perfect. And neither are you JimS I did not say that I was perfect in any of my post I was just explaining my situation, These kinds of MLM companies are suited too those who have time & have the means too go out & get a good contact base for recruiting people. I do have a understanding of sales as I have & still do work in community radio but living in a remote area & not being able too drive can make these kinds of business difficult too keep viable.

By the way one more thing JimS no one is perfect not me or you.

16. Chickybabe337

Chickybabe337 New Member

My mom sells Melaleuca I can get you the pc price through my order. Where do you live?

17. JimS

JimS New Member

///
    IMHO, "Having to pay each month is stupid" is incorrect. We all should want better, safer products. We have to pay for them or grow them. Also Melaleuca must make a profit to stay in business.

When we become Preferred Customers with Melaleuca, we agree to purchase 35 product points worth of products each and every month in exchange for several benefits. In USD this is about $50 to $60. This 35 points seems to be a boundary, above which Melaleuca may find customers have enough "follow thru" - staying power. Below 35 pts - are the immature customers, ones with little for no staying power, and not worth Melaleuca's costs in giving extra benefits. This is just a guess and may not be fact or the whole story.

But if you are a Direct Customer with Melaleuca, you are not under any agreement to make a minimum purchase, get commissions, get bonuses, or pay lower prices,etc. Direct Customer is just a plain and simple customer. Try it, you may like it.

A Preferred Customer (here is USA) is also able to get numerous Income Tax advantages. I saved several hundred dollars last year, just for mileage. Everywhere I go I give out a business card. Therefore everywhere I go I am conducting business and all business travel is a deduction. With the travel deduction along I saved enough to pay for a year's worth of minumum purchases. I also deduct for meals out, purchase of business cards, and for my Melaleuca purchases. Yes, I deduct my Melaleuca purchases. See this website for more tax info: [Link removed - Admin]

Uncle Sam pays me to be a Melaleuca customer! Who would have thunk??

JimS
    ///

18. Casper

Casper New Member

Quoting: angiesappthis may not be for Casper and it works for Jim so why get into a pissing match about it? It was certainly not my intention too get into any pissing match about this but I don't appreciate being judged as perfect when I know I'm not, As I have stated earlier Melaleuca or any kind MLM business is not for everyone.

19. JimS

JimS New Member

///
    Melaleluca is not an MLM, since all purchases are made directly
    between the company and the customer. No multi level here.

No pissing contest either, right Casper. As a prostate cancer surviver,
    I pissing disadvantaged. It would probably not be a fair contest.
    Plus I suffered sexual multilation (circumcism, the unkind cut) shortly after I was born.

///

20. Casper

Casper New Member

I'll re-fraise that as a slanging match then.