What do you think are the biggest reasons why many fail to earn online

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Moira Wight, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Moira Wight New Member

Hello, I have recently joined this forum and would like to ask a question of the members here.

What do you think are the biggest reasons why many fail to earn online?

I have been learning a great deal about internet marketing now for quite a few months but really want to earn a meaningful income from this in 2012 so am keen to find out why people fail - and avoid those pitfalls ...

Thank you so much for having me here
    Moira[IMG]
  2. RICH4NURICHE New Member

Moira, welcome to the forum. A lot of times they jump around from one thing to the next and not stay focused. There's so much "out there" that it can become overwhelming and get off track. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good stuff that works but you will need to get that which fits in to what your goals are.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

One of the biggest reason why people fail is that they don't stick with something. They just jump from one program to another looking for something magical.

Another thing, and this is BIG in my view, too many newbies and old school web marketers just focus on wrong affiliate programs. Meaning programs that pay them a one time fee or something along those lines.

In order to be really successful online I suggest you get into some sort of an MLM opportunity and have leverage income coming in.
  4. A8ch Gold Member

One of the common reasons people fail to earn online is that they are preconditioned to expect "instant" results, thanks to all the over-hyped sales promotions out there.

As a result, they believe they don't have to put a lot of effort into whatever they are doing in order to succeed.

But when reality smacks them in the face and they find out that it isn't as easy as they were led to believe, they become frustrated and discouraged and soon give up.

Hermas
  5. apeku New Member

Moira Wight
    One of the reasons most people fail is that they don't see projects through. They hop from one shinny object to the other.

My advice will be to do your due diligence about any opportunity and once you find out it is a proven and duplicatable system go for it. See it through with persistency and you'll come up on tops.

Thanks,
    Apeku
  6. lilybryen New Member

Completely agree with all of the above. Just as with a brick-and-morter business, you have to stick with it, even when you don't see the results you think you should. If you stick with it, the results will come...no matter what type of business you are running.
  7. samda Member

Just want to add to what experts Hermas and Tal said.

It is nothing but Impatience. Earning from internet is a business and not a lottery system. It is like building an offline brick and motor shop from scratch. It needs dedication, patience, and passion to drive it. Some gets picked up very fast but some take time.
  8. mbasa Member

I guess we can sum it up into lack of patience and consistency.
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

mbasa: I guess we can sum it up into lack of patience and consistency.
    Ditto![IMG]
  10. happywife Gold Member

Hi Moira,

We're delighted to have you here and do hope you had a lovely Christmas week. I hope that you've ticked the box to be notified of follow up posts to your questions, or you'll think we've all ignored you. [IMG]

If you do find your way back here, I'll add my opinion to the list. Although I do agree with the above answers of unrealistic expectations and lack of patience and tenacity, I think there is one other major reason why people fail to earn an income online.

That reason is the lack of a clear, understandable, and proven plan to follow. If I would not have had that when I got started, I would have been like so many others who have failed to achieve any level of success.

It's not that I'm the kind of person who can't commit or is unwilling to put forth the required effort, or is too impatient. The truth is, I just need a step by step action plan that is simple enough for me to follow and I will go for it.

For someone like me who had no internet experience (or marketing experience, for that matter), this was a MUST. Thankfully, I did find that and I wholeheartedly attribute that as the main reason why I didn't fail to make money online. That, and hard work. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. Most people fail because they want to see results too quickly and when they are not seeing any results they give up.

It takes time to build a business and then go on to make money.

Finding a mentor is an important key as is a strong will to succeed and the determination to never give up. [IMG]

If it was easy to earn a living online then everybody would be jumping on the bandwagon!
  12. jimm2011 New Member

I agree with most people here. People tend to fail because they expect instant results with very little work or effort. I admit i was one of those people, many times actually. The truth of it is that there is no way to get rich quick online or even in the real world unless you win the lotto or something like that. The only people getting rich fast online are the ones that are suckering us into buying the next hyped "get rich" money making program.

I have tried alot of work at home and make money online programs and have wasted a ton of money. The best advice i can give someone looking for ways to make money online is that.. if it promises you large amounts of money is short periods of time.. stay way! There is no get rich quick way of making money online.

There are however ways to make alil money over and over again. The nice thing about making any money online is that when you learn how to do it, you can repeat it over and over again. When i learned that, i started making some money but it was still slow going. The key to making any money, online or in the "real world", is knowing that there are no free handouts its going to take somework and some investment on your part.

When searching for a online form of making money, look for something that requires very little effort and very little investment. Also make sure you can easily repeat what ever process it takes to make the money.

I have been doing well with a site called ZipNadaZilch. It is a "freebie" site where you sign up and complete offers from sponsoring businesses. In return you get referrals to sign up and do the same and you are paid a "prize" by ZNZ. You can pick from electronics and games etc.. but they also have cash "prizes". This is where the money making comes in. Once you sign up and qualify by completing the offer requirements you are then qualified for life to recieve unlimited payouts of what ever cash prize you chose. That is the repeatable part. So you only have to complete an offer(s) once and thats it. Its free to sign up but some offers require you to sign up for a trial period of a product or buy a subscription. This is where the small investment comes in. The beauty of it is that you can return before the trial period ends and cancel it and never be charged, thus making the entire process free.

When i signed up, i signed up as a referral of someone that paid me a portion of the money they made from ZNZ for getting me to sign up. So i was actually paid money into my PayPal account for simply entering my email and then completing an offer(s). This is the easiest way to get people to sign up as a referral, offer them a cut of the money! I am currently doing the exact same thing.

This has got to be by far the easiest way i have ever made money online, trust me i know about trying to make money online, i have been trying for years. To me this form of making money online is a no brainer.

If you are curious to learn more, just ask and id be glad to help you.

Thank you!
  13. FreeCashMan Active Member

Failing to learn how to market your business consistently and effectively will always contribute to failure over and over. Often people think that joining another biz, or one that cost "pennies" is going to manifest a fortune of sorts. However, can't be done if one doesn't commit to marketing properly.

It pains me that so many want to start marketing online but will not make an autoresponder and list building a part of their method. Success is simple, but too many want to achieve it with an "Easy Button".
  14. Hi Moira,

The key to success on the internet is traffic. You must have traffic in order for any program to work. In order to get traffic, you need great content written to the best of your abilities, you need search engine optimized (seo) keywords selected specifically to drive traffic to your site, and you need backlinks, preferably dofollow backlinks, pointing to your website and website pages from other sites, demonstrating to Google and other search engines that other websites acknowledge that you have good information on your site.

If you do not drive relevant traffic to your site, no matter what you do, you will not have a successful business. It takes time and effort to drive traffic to your site. So this requires laser focus on your part to commit to doing the things necessary to achieve that goal. [IMG]
  15. robinincarolina Silver Member

Lack of belief in the core of one's being that yes it can be done.
  16. tmvmediaworks New Member

Unrealistic expectations and "know it all" attitude!

most people are tire kickers and are not willing to do what it takes.

Oh they talk a good game, but talk is cheap!

Most of us have been EXPOSED to information, tools and knowledge, yet proper application and committment is where most people lack.

Plus if they can't get rich by next week for under $50 they lose interest.
  17. DeniseTaylor New Member

Hi!

I would like to ditto the patience and persistence issue!

Also, there is a psychological issue of certainty and support. When someone is new, they don't have certainty that what they are doing is correct. Of course, if they have no reliable process, this is understandable. So, along with a process having support to continue in the correct direction (when they're going that way) and support to help changing directions (when they're going the wrong way) is very important.

This can make all the difference!
  18. Blazing New Member

moira, there is a huge learning curve to earning online. Partly it is because it is so easy to be distracted by all "easy" ways to make money.

For me, it was mostly that it was all so new I couldn't wrap my head around it. For the first year, I thought I knew all about keyword research, optimizing your web page, etc...

When it finally clicked I realized how in the dark and flaying I had been.

My advice still with it. It is critical that you get good teachers! So many internet marketers will tell you what to do, but not HOW to do it.

I highly recommend you check out James Schramko.

He has a podcast (freedom ocean) and a website: internetmarketingspeed.com. and more. He is IT when it comes to truly learning internet marketing. Internet Marketing that will put money in your pocket - if you put in the time and effort.
  19. kenwrites New Member

Not much to add to what has already been said. Personally though, the expectations of time versus work is usually unrealistic. Working online, regardless of what your business model, takes time to build. It's a business. That is one thing people don't consider. The business aspect.

I've said it before on this forum, most business models and affiliate programs work. Some better than others. But none of them work overnight and none of them will work unless you work it.

With that said though, working online is truly one of the last few remaining recession-proof industries.

The key to success online:

Planning
    Working
    Patience
    Working
    Consistency
    Working
    and did I mention that it does take a little bit of work? [IMG]

The really good news...successful people are doing it every single day.
  20. mreese601 Member

People fail in life general for not having a plan in place to be able to track the results. It's so easy to get side track if you don't have a daily to do list on what task will produce the results that you want you will fail! You not going to make a fulltime income by just playing around! You have to have a plan in place.