What do you think of the Gold Seal program?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by CarolinaConsign, Jan 6, 2007.

1. CarolinaConsign

CarolinaConsign New Member

Any Coastal Business Owner,

2 questions:

What is the Gold Seal program?

What do you think of the Gold Seal program?

Thanks
    Brian
  2. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Haven't heard of this...hopefully someone else will chime in.

Dawn [​IMG]
  3. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi Brian,

The Gold Seal Program is a new program that was released by the Board of Directors at the last conference. They will probably announce the first group of Gold Seal directors at the national conference in March.

To qualify for the Gold Seal you have to be a verified legitimate director with Coastal, have a valid membership ID, have no complaints with the shipping center, have a valid directors release with both training sales verified by the BOD. They also have to sign and abide by a "Code of Ethics" set fourth by the BOD and they have to be plugged into the official information from the BOD for a minimum of 6 months via the Broadcast tele-system.

It's a nice way to recognize those who have gone above and beyond, so in my opinion, it's pretty cool! [​IMG]

Lora
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I think it's really good for folks doing Coastal the traditional way by doing all of the selling themselves. I don't know if it could apply to someone like myself because I use the call center website to market my business. I know the BOD doesn't endorse different teams in coastal but I know that they did let the owner of our call center get up and speak at the last major conference in Florida and he drew a lot of applause when he announced the callcenter had sent out over $1,500,000.00 in commissions in the last 18 months to it's members so the BOD might not be able to endorse groups but I'm pretty sure they like it when groups are successful and makeing sales. I hope they start using their authority to stop people from selling directors releases on ebay for $39.
  5. CarolinaConsign

hsimpsonjr

Harold how could what Lora wrote explaining the Gold Seal Program not apply to you?

These are the requirements from her statement:

To qualify for the Gold Seal you have to;
    1. Be a verified legitimate director with Coastal,
    2. have a valid membership ID,
    3. Have no complaints with the shipping center,
    4. Have a valid director's release with both training sales verified by the BOD.
    5. They also have to sign and abide by a "Code of Ethics" set fourth by the BOD and
    6. They have to be plugged into the official information from the BOD for a minimum of 6 months via the Broadcast tele-system.

Please explain what would be different if I were a member of the call center.

Thanks,
    Brian
  6. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

If I remember correctly from what my director told me from what he learned at the last conference, you have to use ALL official Coastal Vacations websites and resources and meet all of the qualifications you just listed. Many of those qualifications are options you don't have to use to be a Coastal Vacations Rep. The reason they created the Gold Seal system is becaue there are so many different teams now that some of them are doing unethical things like selling directors releases alone instead of making new members actually qualify and letting people "join" without buying a package and they advertise and make sales and after they make 5 or so sales for their director they supposedly get their package. This is a way Coastal can say "These are gold seal members and we certified them and they do everything like we say they should." Does this mean they want people like our call center and Synergy group to stop doing what we are doing. No. They want us to keep selling packages like we are right now. It's great if you want to use it but don't feel like you have to meet those requirements to sell Coastal and make tons of money.
  7. CarolinaConsign

Harold,

Thanks for the answer!

I understand the idea behind this program. Do you think that it will help you as a coastal business owner? Why or why not?

What do you mean by:
    Does this mean they want people like our call center and Synergy group to stop doing what we are doing?
    From that statement, are you doing something that no other group can or will?

Just searching for answers.

Thanks again!
    Brian
  8. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Brian,
    What I mean when I say that is that we use our own websites instead of using the "Official" coastal site to market our coastal businesses. I might be wrong but I think you are required to use all "Official" coastal websites and materials to be considered for the gold seal program. I know Coastal doesn't have a problem with the call center or Coastal Synergy Group because we both have EXCELLENT training and support and we bring in LOTS of sales for Coastal. That's what they want. The main thing that Coastal wants to make sure of is that all of the new members are getting trained correctly and that the two passup training sales are being done because that is what insures them that the training is being done. WIthout the training, new members can't reproduce the whole process and it has the potential to make Coastal look bad. Thanks for the number, by the way. I will call you tomorrow. Is there a good time to call?
  9. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi hsimpsonjr,

I don't think that you have to use all the 'official' coastal sites to be a gold seal director. It says in our back office that you have to use a minimum of the tele-broadcast system. We are able to have the Gold Seal emblem placed on our CWB websites as soon as we qualify for it. Just something to check into!

Lora
  10. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I figured I could be off on the details. I'm going on what I can remember from what my director reported on a podcast and that has been a while. Thanks for the clarification, Lora!
  11. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

No problem! I'm only going on what is listed in our back office - just wanted to let you know! [​IMG]

Lora
  12. jnapier

jnapier New Member

The information I've read here is correct.

I was there for the launch of the Gold Seal Program. I'm excited about it because it brings more credability to the business.

I subscribe to all the Official Coastal Vacations Websites and Tools. I do not know if this has changed, but you could simply subscribe to 1 toll from COA Network to qualify. I believe it's also important to have a sponsor who's a red seal member to get that.

Jay NaPier