What High Ticket MLM opportunities are out there?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by high6figures, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ReachOut

ReachOut New Member

From my experience, selling a $500 product with a system that drops callers into my lap vs selling a $4k product with a system that drops very interested callers in my lap -- both require the same amount of "scripted" talk time, and I like better the quality of the $4k prospects and the $4k product.

2. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

No doubt, there will be several positions on this topic, depends on ones success rate at one or the other. As I have learned, the main difference is what you are selling, not how much it costs. We all know the dubious value issue in this industry, so if you are comfortable selling a travel deal for thousands, then go for it. I prefer to promote free business opportunities with a great capture and landing page, and once they are in system, you will have a far better chance to upgrade them once they learn more about the product or service you are promoting.

Call it a warm up, ice breaker, whatever, it works like nothing else. Face it, most people are not salespeople, most are clueless about sales strategies unless they were trained by the industry, like insurance, time shares, real estate, auto sales, home improvement, etc. which all requires extensive sales training. As one who use to train salespeople, I can tell you first hand, most can't cut it in sales as they are just not conditioned to the reject factor, yes, reject, and it applies in all sales, some will buy, some won't buy, next.

Simply put, I prefer choosing free businesses to easily get a person in the system and then drip on them all the attributes of product or service. If you think you can sell a $4000. deal cold, good luck, you are in the 1% salesperson level. Again, most can't sell a $40.00 deal in my experience. To each their own, everyone is different. I have seen it all, and most of the big ticket deals are money games in the end, not my cup of tea for how many ever last that long? The big ticket deals have been a revolving door for the big guru's of direct sales industry for years. Why, because most of these deals are nothing more than disguised ponzi schemes, and I could name a dozen which have come and gone over the past decade.

So for my money, go with a free opportunity to get the masses in the educational stream to bring them to a point where they see the value, want the product or service because it will save them money, and now you have a long term customer for everyone wants to save money on what they are already spending elsewhere. Now that is the key to success for everyone, even those who cannot sell, you choose a product or technology where everyone is a prospect, everyone responds to free, and everyone saves money, now you don't need to sell it, just tell it. Remember, there are far more non sales oriented or trained prospects than there are professional sales people, so which do you think you will have more luck with signing up into your business? Sales is and always has been a numbers game, and the bigger your prospect list, as in, worldwide, plus average savings of a thousand plus per year over what they are currently paying for same service, then you have found a winner where it would be more difficult to fail than succeed.

Success to all,

3. ReachOut

ReachOut New Member

4. ReachOut

ReachOut New Member

Hello, Yagooft, thanks for re-visiting this subject. The model you describe is desirable when it gives a person correct learning gradients. We likewise looked for a way to undercut the steep initial demands of our top tier business. Recently I logged into the IPAS2 system and experienced the beginning of their learning curve - could appreciate something like that well done and with, as you emphasize, a hot hot product or service. Just the "schooling" of going through the steps with the coaching was attractive to me. Then I examined the MOBE thing to compare.

So are we seeing a trend towards a total turn-key system, like a McDonalds, when everyone thought crappy hamburgers were hot? What seems to be "hot" right now is hunger for knowledge - "help me figure this SEO and marketing stuff out" so they can improve their situation?

Your wrote:

"Call it a warm up, ice breaker, whatever, it works like nothing else. Face it, most people are not salespeople, most are clueless about sales strategies unless they were trained by the industry"

Yes, just help the person to find the entry level they are comfortable with. I got into IPAS2 for first $1, then another $1 (which got refunded before my seven days lookie-see was done). In my case, I had a severe phone phobia and knew it and decided something needed to be done. I discovered the "Dial and Ditch" method and even that caused me great sweats and fears and however now I can almost pick up the phone and cold call that person - almost, just some more D&D. I even got more clever about the script - watched a lot of youtube videos.

Another thing that also opens up a whole new type of person I can recruit into a top tier business is, as you mentioned, the product has to be perceived to be valuable by enough people, however our product is expensive (i.e., high commissions), but because it is, as you recommend, tangible, we can open the game up to more players through some great financing (it is considered a medical device so relatively easy to finance).

The only people who get "left out" are those who are not "coachable" (I have to want to work with them).

Now, the model you are heading towards is well represented by some of the Dubli.com groups (high cashback on purchases is the hot product/service). I can't say enough good things about that business model and I'm not necessarily speaking of the binary plan, but more on the rewards of customer acquisition. I talked with a high-level Dubli person yesterday and he gave me the whole vision of it (though I still love my my top tier business model). Gather enough customers to improve life's conditions and never have to really hold their hands or anything - sweet - just collect them in your autoresponder. By the way, that person who clued me in to Dubli is Adam Broker, who showed me the online and offline scale of the Dubli compensation model.

Yagooft, you also have a good grasp of the business model which is making "citizens" out of some networkers who are stuck in a recruit mode with their overpriced, unknown, and underwhelming products (my opinion only).

That is why I am taking measures to balance my recruitment with my retail sales. It's all about learning "stuff". Self-development is what happens before you see the real and lasting returns on your investment.

YAGOOFT and payment proof like this.
  5. Tom Nalis

Tom Nalis New Member

Yes, very good question. I've seen many people putting lots of effort in a product that doesn't pay off. Surely believing in your product, working hard and learning every day about new ways of doing online marketing is crucial to your success in the first place but at least put all this effort in a product that actually can give you a good return on investment. Mostly I found the network marketing companies that offer a range of products and focus on up-selling the most rewarding ones. The challenge here though is that only a real good product will be able to up-sell to their customers and obviously many aren't. Me and my companion started a site on how to travel and work online, it also covers the topic of margin and turn-over which is quite an essential topic to allow yourself a traveling lifestyle, have a look.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    YAGOOFT likes this.
  6. ReachOut

ReachOut New Member

Hello, Tom, I LOVE your "Getting Started" video. I passed the links to my partner who has a real travel bug - she'll LOVE it.
    I'd love to hire your webmaster - what WORDPRESS plugin did you use? One of the best websites I've seen lately. Can't say enough good about it. I mean, I still LOVE my own business too - which is not internet based - it can be totally out-sourced once one makes a couple of sales.....so many call centers.

I think you are going to get some really neat-o people working with you.

7. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome to the forum, and yes, nice generic introduction page which I enjoyed given all the traveling you have done. I use to own a travel agency so I could enjoy traveling all over the world for almost nothing using the benefits of travel fams, so like you, who like to travel, I got it out of my system early on in my business ventures. Now I am reluctant to travel given all the recent terrorist activity worldwide, never mind the airline squeeze to cram more people into the same limited space, so unless I get first class seat or bulkhead, I don't fly nearly as much as I once did, so thanks, but no thanks, I will limit my travel at this point.

As to upsell, your system on front end is well disguised, well done, and the IPAS system you use is another well disguised upsell, so good on you for having a multilevel double step upsell system leading to Empower Network in the end. I have studied several of these stepup sales techniques, one was using another program as a lead in, and then a backend of EN, so again, a very well disguised marketing strategy and one I am glad has worked out for you. Nothing wrong with upsells, but like with Amway of yesteryear, disguising core program was the result of saturation, similar to many online businesses these days. I don't see too many promoting EN upfront any longer, so I suspect it is for the same reason Amway people never mentioned their company on the front end when prospecting.

Success to all,

8. Monique Wagner

Monique Wagner New Member

So obviously you are searching for a higher payout, so then the focus needs to be on the payout not the actual ticket price, because it wouldn't make sense selling a high product and receiving a low commission.

My advice to you is to find a company that provides you with a product you can put your name on. What I mean by that is to find products that you believe in and that actually makes sense to you. Remember in Network Marketing you are in business for you, just like a retail store, your not going to sell something that anyone isn't looking to buy.And moreover your not going to sell something you won't buy. Hope that I helped you out, feel free to contact me if you need further assistance

9. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome to forum, and good sound advice, and the one thing I think will make or break any business venture. If you are not a customer first, and are committed to your product or service, then you will never see success. Choosing the right product you can personally endorse is where it all starts in any business if you want long term success.

Success to all,

10. Emery Lalonde

Emery Lalonde New Member

The truth in MLM is to look for what will bring in the best residual income, as well as a consumable commodity. Finding something revolutionary is also a great plus. The profit from retail sales, is only a tip of the business. Market trends are also a requirement. Many companies go with where the baby boomers are headed. I will always avoid companies that require that I maintain a large inventory (to much risk), but one that I could if I wanted to expand on retail sales. I got into the anti-aging industry, and so far am extremely happy with my choice. The market can be anyone, the products do not require heavy sales pitches (I hate pressure sales). I only require sample inventory (sales are done online). The procucts are not available any where else, and they are consumable and have to be replaced. Add all that to a competative compensation plan and we have a winner. As stated elsewhere, anti-aging will not get old.

Shermaine and payment proof like this.
  11. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Exactly, you have learned well, hopefully others will as well reading posts like yours. No doubt more people are interested in anti-aging and health as babyboomers hit their senior years, and I love it, anti-againg will not get old, funny, and ever so true. lol

Identifying trends, niches, new technologies, breakthrough products or technology that few others have even heard about, these are what you should target as our home businesses if you ever hope for any success. It is all about choosing a recession proof business for long term residuals.

Success to all,

payment proof likes this.
  12. Shermaine

Shermaine New Member

I am in the anti-aging ecommerce business and I believe this market is growing as aging population is increasing globally. There is no need for keeping stock and no worries about delivery/shipping products to the customers. All purchases can be done online and shipment done by the company. What I have to do is to recommend the anti-aging products to people and encourage them to join in as a team to build the ecommerce biz (Personally I think the products are really good as I also used it myself). Start up cost is really low (~USD$300) but I could earn up to 4 figure salary every month. What's more better than just working online at home :)

13. BillF2

BillF2 New Member

High6figures,

I admire your ambition but respectfully, I must say, you may want re-think your approach to MLM. If you're looking for a "high ticket" item I would recommend the Stock Market or maybe even Vegas.

Personally, I believe earning 6 figures is very do-able. In fact, it's even more do-able today given the technology we have to work with. The only issue is finding as many people like yourself with the same level of drive, commitment, passion and desire to earn 6 figures. So you see, your issue isn't finding a "high ticket" MLM ... your issue is launching the MLM business you choose and identifying, training, and assisting people who don't mind going to work and earning 6 figures in MLM.

If you're approaching network marketing with a "SHOW ME THE MONEY" concept. I highly suggest you not start a business in MLM. Please, don't get me wrong, there are many MLM companies who's compensation plan offer a myriad of ways to earn some real good money fairly quick.

HOWEVER, if you're willing to go to work, help others earn and duplicate this process with lightening like speed, it is possible to earn a good chunk of money - fast (I didn't say overnight). Please keep in mind, this is hypothetical and it all depends on the companies compensation and bonus structure - so always do your home work when researching an MLM opportunity. :)

Hope this helps!

Love God. Love yourself. Love people.

Live Rich,

Bill -

14. Joan

Joan New Member

Big ticket, small commissions, which way to go? The real key is "human nature". Which company do you think the prospect would choose?

Two Scenarios:
    One company has high ticket products where the member has to purchase extra training (free and paid traffic), learn how to market, talk to prospects, produce sales copy, compete against the big boys in the company and do all the sales/marketing.

The other company has low and high ticket products, teaches their members how to market for only $49 (free and paid traffic), the big boys do the sales for the member and the company does all the extra work for the member without the member having to pick up the phone.

Yes, me too...

15. Dylan Lam

Dylan Lam New Member

Truth is that, it really doesn't matter if a product is high ticket or not, it's the demand for the product that counts to the success of your business. If your product or service make sense to your prospect, nothing will stop you earning those money. You could be selling the world's best product or service, if it does not make sense to your prospect, the sales would never come in.

payment proof likes this.
  16. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Well said, as well as the rest of your post. :)