What I Do

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by connor_zen, Oct 31, 2009.

1. connor_zen

connor_zen New Member

Hi All,

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but for a quick refresh there are a ton of great apps on the iTunes app store that allow you to "mix and match" relaxing music and sound effects on the fly to create the atmosphere you want. For example, you could have crickets at night by a stream, or rain in a jungle, each with a different song behind them.

I've tried several and many of them have timers as well which will either turn off your iPod or play an alarm sound.

So taking a quick meditative nap or just 20 minutes every four or five hours to clear your mind with an iPhone/iPod Touch is a great way to relax quickly. Don't go above 20 minutes, though, because you risk falling asleep [​IMG]

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

lol - yes, I take what I call a ten minute power nap - I am fortunate enough to be able to fall asleep almost immediately so I just set my alarm for about 15 min. and crash on the couch... It works wonders!

3. bodytalk

bodytalk New Member

That is a great suggestion... Do you recommend any apps specifically?

These 20 minutes are a great time to deep breathe, this has many health benefits in of itself... the deep breathing is a great way to increase your immune system as well.

4. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

I didn't see specifi app that does this. Can you state it? I'm interested.