What Is MOST IMPORTANT When Starting a New Home Based Business

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by FREEBUSINESSES, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Curious,

What do you look for in a home based business? With thousands to choose from, a new one every day it seems, how do you choose your business opportunity?

Is free to low cost to start important?

Is product the most important?

Is the compensation plan the most important?

Is the ease in which to duplicate the most important?

Is the company stability the most important?

Is the fact it is new start up the most important?

Is it that the product is unique or exclusive the most important?

Is it the fact the product appeals to the masses?

Is it the fact everyone is already purchasing product?

Is it important not to have to chase people and sell products?

Is it the value and low price of products?

Is it a product everyone is already familiar with?

Is it a business with lowest attrition rates?

Is it a business which generates fast commissions?

Is it a business which creates long term residuals?

Is it a business you can do entirely online?

Is it a business you do not have to sell face to face?

Is it a business you don't have to cold call people for?

Is it a business with no refunds?

Is it a business with no competition?

Did I miss anything to be considered in choosing a home based business? Think about it, I would love to add to the list which surely will help people be more careful in their quest for success.

Success to all,
  2. talfighel Silver Member

3. Just2EZ Moderator

In one word: DEMAND
    It's all about supply and demand.
    Demand is the one that brings in the money.

It is possible to create demand, that's why we advertise if we have a supply to sell.
  4. Mike McClurg New Member

Product that saves people money and in demand.

Compensation plan must be simple with no GOT- Ya's in it.
    (A level paying field no matter newbie or pro ).

Company must have integrity and be innovative as well.

I would never work a free business opportunity
  5. jbrownmarketing New Member

The most important thing is to have a well thought out business plan or model. Things will not always go as planned but at least you will have an easier time staying focused on the goals you set.
  6. Kyle_K Member

My one word response would be value. If you can provide value, and others can see it, then they will want to duplicate it.
  7. Good suggestions,

No doubt, DEMAND is critical, and in these economic times where everyone is looking to save money, VALUE is right up there at the top of my list.

Success to all,
  8. Incomegenerator New Member

Personally I think that whatever MLM program you join has to fit your personality and goal expectations. Its what you put into MLM is what you get out of it. You have to market warm/cold markets, as well as work off/online especially depending on the product or concept of that particular MLM. Hope that helps. Good luck in whatever you choose [IMG]
  9. wah101 New Member

FREEBUSINESSES
    Low cost is important, especially in the beginning.

The product is important too, because personally I don't want to sell anything I don't believe in. You may be able to make more money by lying to people, but that's not a way to build long-term success and viability.

3rd most important - I definitely look at the commission structure. I subscribe to the multiple streams philosophy and I'm a huge fan of building residual income.
  10. AviralB New Member

Three factors need to looked at: The Company, The Products and The Compensation Plan.

If any one of these is not up to the level to excite people, then you are done. The company needs to have integrity and longetivity. The products have to be in huge demand so you know you have a big market to touch. The compensation plan has to be simple but lucrative, eligible and honest.
    Dino Manti likes this.
  11. YAGOOFT Member

Good points, but here is the one that hits home with me, the lowest attrition rate wins every time.

Good luck to all,
  12. FreeCashMan Active Member

All good points. I think one has to keep in mind proven business models for success. One can dive into a business with a new unproven business model but I think the expectations of a break through have to be managed. Success is not often the end result with new business models. It's tough enough for a new business following proven business models that have yielded great success.