What is Pingback URL?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by jamess, Apr 22, 2013.

1. jamess

jamess Member

I went trough about Pingback URL but still I am clear about pingback URL and if it is good in terms of SEO then how can I do it.

2. gowriter

gowriter Member

A pingback is a URL that typically shows up at the end of a blog post in the comment section. They're sometimes also known as trackback URLs. You'll normally see a URL with some verbiage to go with it like a post title. Sometimes an IP address is added.

If you're a blogger and you see a pingback in the comments section of one of your blog posts, that means a particular website or blog has linked to your post. You can click on the URL and see who it is.

So How Can a Pingback URL be Useful?
    • You can thank the blog owner who linked to your site. Build a relationship.
    • You can check out the site that linked to you. Is there an opportunity to guest post?
    • Check the type of sites linking to you. Perhaps these sites are the kind you should be looking into more often.

NickJemis likes this.
  3. ashleygreen

ashleygreen New Member

Pingback URL is a type of Link back method for web authors to request a notification when some body links to their document.
    Web Publishing Software help to automatically notify the relevant parties in behalf of the User, allowing for the possibility of automatically creating links to referring domains.

4. whitney black

whitney black Member

They're great for SEO because you're getting backlinks back to your post and everything like that. Backlinks, the more the better, especailly if they happen naturally!

5. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Pingback is always good! Like everyone else said it provides a backlink but you also know that your content is interesting and useful to people.

6. dotnettraining

dotnettraining New Member

Good answer but I suggest your to share source URL as well when you have copied and paste answer from elsewhere.

7. olmoney2013

olmoney2013 New Member

Ping back urls where your lastest post will be backlinks..by doing blog comments is the best way for building links just do it with your related niche.

8. dotnettraining

dotnettraining New Member

Pingback is a method for web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. Typically, web publishing software will automatically inform the relevant parties on behalf of the user, allowing for the possibility of automatically creating links to referring documents.

9. moneysmartad

moneysmartad New Member

Great information ! thank,s for sharing it.

10. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have a question here. Am I the only one who gets pingbacks that are nothing but spam. I have these spell casters that are constantly trying to link to my site.

11. MrFume

MrFume New Member

Alas no you are not the only one and they are just like an infestation on the web..not all pingbacks are good at all and if you allow all of them you will get some really shady links happening to tyre shops in Halifax england, or some other back water-examine your pingback and make sure it is high value!

AnneSamantha and robinincarolina like this.