What Is The Best Time To Advertise On Free Classified Sites?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by kenwrites, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Quite a few beginners use free classified sites as a way to build traffic. The problem with free classified sites is that your ad gets buried in a few hours if you are advertising in biz opp niches or other popular niches. So how do you get the most exposure for the brief time your ad is on the first page of results?

I have found that early mornings and early afternoon are the best. I'll use a couple of sites like Backpage and Craigslist locally for some products. My personal results are as follow:

Monday - Early morning between 9AM and 10AM and early afternoon between 12:30 and 1PM.

Tuesday - Again early mornings but for some reason the afternoon is just plain dead.

Wednesday and Thursday - The same as Mondays

Friday - Forget it. People are cashing checks, buying necessities and looking forward to relaxing.

Saturday - I'' place ads between 10AM and noon. After that, everybody is probably out doing their thing.

Sunday - Same as Friday. If you are in the "make money" niche you might get a few stragglers who aren't looking forward to Monday morning, but all in all everybody is just chillin.

Now the exception to this, for me anyway, is when I am offering a tangible product. then Thursday through Sunday is good as people are shopping online rather than going out to the store.

Again, this is just my personal method. Try it out for your stuff and check you stats. Adjust as necessary until you find those peak times for you and your business.

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

kenwrites: Monday - Early morning between 9AM and 10AM and early afternoon between 12:30 and 1PM.
    Best time to find people who hate their jobs and are looking on-line for money.

My favorite time for Craigslist is midnight, your ad is last of the day - or first the next day.
    I prefer last ad of the day since it has white space above it and stands out.
    Of course the TITLE is the first most important aspect to get any clicks.

3. I use Backpage to rank my ads on google [​IMG]

Pay attention to your title - long tail keywords and you can get them ranking really quickly.

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Depending on the kinds of sites you advertise on, the time of day will very little impact on whether or not your advertisements will be seen online. Please note that I'm NOT referring to Craigslist. [​IMG]

I'm referring to free advertising sites like USfreeads.com. The reason I say this because most people who buy from online classified sites like USfreeads don't go looking for those sites to buy things online. Rather, they stumple upon these sites when doing keyword searches on Google and other searches, often days or weeks after the advertisement was initially placed.

Just2EZ likes this.
  5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Monday through Thursday seem to be the best days for me. I think less people are looking for work and income opportunities on Friday and some also take the weekend off from looking too.

But I'm sure it varies from person to person, and what they are promoting/advertising.

6. Marktech

Marktech Member

Awesome info! I have found that what you are saying is true, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the least profitable days to publish ads. Mondays are best for a lot of things. Saturday night can be good for certain niches like dating though.

7. RituAnand

RituAnand New Member

I read somewhere that Tuesdays at noon is the best time to advertise in free sites. However, I advertise whenever I get the time - and the response seems to be there anyway.:)

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

It may depend on what one is advertising. Somethings it won't matter, other things it could. One thing is consistent and effective advertising is how you get results. You may advertise at the optimal time but if your ad is ineffective, then the time of your advertising will not matter.

9. miller111

miller111 New Member

I didn't know about such following pattern. Is it really works?

10. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Free classifieds is by far my least favorite way to advertise, there are many free advertising sites that work much better. I use free classifieds, don't get me wrong. It's just that my tracking software tells me they are the least effective.

11. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

I wish I was an early riser! I pretty much post as soon as I can each morning, usually before 10 a.m., so from what I've read so far that looks good. I have not been posting in the evening, as one poster suggested, last at night, first in morning, for the nights I'm up late. Going to give that a try.

12. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Where you advertise may be in a different time zone than you! There is no way to know when an interested person will read your ad and that may or may not have anything to do with when your ad was posted. The best thing to do is keep a schedule that keeps you productive.

13. itsmytime

itsmytime New Member

If you mean in the USA, Monday mornings definitely works great for me

14. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

The best time to advertise is "all of the time". Never let your ads stop running, never stop trying to drive traffic. The Internet never sleeps, why should you?

15. jamess

jamess Member

Great this is really awesome trick. I never thought like this. I will try this..

16. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

This isn't meant to be a promotion but I'm going to use my forum as a comparison because I use tracking software that tells me where people come from and when they visit which isn't something you can track on an ad. we can easily see how many views a post gets, how many replies and when everything happened. People come from other countries and other states and it happens at all different times of day. You'd think someone in Australia for instance would come from their daytime hours but we often get hits during the middle of their night because someone couldn't sleep or something I guess. I look at the tracking software several times a day and what strikes me the most is that people come because they are interested more that any other reason. It really has little to do with times or time zones. Like I said in a previous post the Internet never sleeps it is 24 hours a day 365 days a year and the best thing to do is always be there in front of people so if they are interested they see you and what you are doing.

[Post edited - Admin]

17. agoda73

agoda73 New Member

There is way too much junk getting posted on the Free Ad sites. They only allow it in the first place to boost their own rankings and to get more advertising revenues from paid advertisers. Why else would it be free.

Choose ones where this is no advertising, at least they will be more genuine.

18. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Well from my testing the best times for me to get the most leads are Wednesday and since today is (Wednesday try it for yourself) time is from 6 to 8 central standard time. And have some results on sunday even from 5 to 8.

19. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Like everything in the world of advertising, what use to work no longer means it still does, and this applies to free classifieds more than ever. I use to see good results in search engines when using Craigslist and Backpage, as example, yet in the last couple years, ZIP, NADA, ZILCH, NO RESULTS.

Simply put, don't waste your time, these free classifieds no longer get results, just do a search on your title keywords to see for yourself. I use to be able to see my ads in search results on Google, not any more since Google does not even include these well known ads in their search engine results any longer. The same is true for forums like this or blogs, no longer will you see these indexed by Google as they once were. I no longer waste my time on classifieds, free or paid, they are not worth the time of day any longer.

Good luck,

20. Schap55

Schap55 New Member

Interesting thread. This is something I have been wondering about.