What is the ONE MLM book you would recommend?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by kevin664, Jan 16, 2008.

1. kevin664

kevin664 New Member

Newbies come to the MLM industry in droves.

They are green and sometimes full of unrealistic unattainable
    goals ..... at least at first.

I'm not saying they can't reach these goals. What I'm
    saying is more than likely they can't realize their
    expectations within the timetable they want.

They want to get rich quick.

One of the best ways, in my opinion, a mentor can help
    the MLM newbie to get into the proper MLM mindset is
    through literature.

A good book about attaining financial success can help
    a newbie in a HUGE way to establish a frame of reference
    for what is possible in this industry.

The book that helped me the most when I set out on this
    journey of financial success via MLM was,
    "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

What I got out of the book was a clear understanding of
    what it means to attract money. It meant a complete
    lifestyle change and helped me to realize that the
    financial gains I expected would happen, just not overnight.

What book would you recommend to a MLM newbie?

- Kevin Tyler Smith
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I'm new to MLM/NM and haven't read a lot yet on the subject. What I have read recently that I thought was very good was Ann Sieg's, The Renegade Marketer.

I think it would be very encouraging for both new network marketers as well as those who have been at it and struggling.

In another forum I visit, quite a few veteran mlmers have posted how much that book meant to them and really hit home. They are thrilled to have found it (which is why I decided to get it).

There is another book called The 7 Great Lies of Network Marketing, which is also by Ann Sieg. It is free and you can get a copy from the link in my signature. It, too, is very eye opening.

Perhaps these books will also help others. [​IMG]
  3. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

For inspiration and positivism Check out John Milton Fogg's The Greatest Networker in The World, available free through his website or you can buy a copy.

For the unvarnished hard truth about marketing MLMs : Dan Kennedy's Prospecting Sucks
  4. kevin664

kevin664 New Member

Sounds interesting.

I can't say that I have read anything by these
    2 individuals.

I will have to check them out.

Thanks for sharing.

- Kevin Tyler Smith
  5. Unity

Unity New Member

I would recommend any book by Edward Ludbrook. Very knowledgeable about Network Marketing. Tells how it all works and also tells you the basic ways to work the system.

Good for any newcomer while they are still wondering what it is all about. However, I like to help my team members to understand the world of NM by going through books with them.

Unlike any other form of work people need to get for themselves an education which will fit them for so many aspects of the business - fast. There are so many books to recommend but we have to be careful not to overwhelm. Behind where I am sitting in my office I have bookshelves absolutely crammed with books. I'd love to be able to put all the information contained into my new people's minds so that they would have a good understanding from the outset.

Working in NM entails understanding:

the business
    the products
    communication
    math
    people skills
    leadership
    motivation
    personal development

However, all this takes time and meanwhile many are lost. All areas have many books that can be read. I would go back to the books which actually teach the basics of selling and recruiting. Hopefully your new people will be with you long enough to get into the rest of what is needed as time goes by.

Sorry to ramble on! I was only going to recommend Ludbrook's books when I started this.

Regards, Unity
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I like Ann Sieg and her free ebook - The 7 Great lies of Network Marketing - but there are a lot of free ebooks and things to tap into...

Most everything I have read or seen has given me tips and ideas[​IMG]

Viola
  7. circuitrider44

circuitrider44 New Member

Have you read the one she sells and if so is it a lot more help.
    Charles
  8. Mark_Worthen

Mark_Worthen New Member

Quoting: circuitrider44Have you read the one she sells and if so is it a lot more help.
    Charles

Yes, I have read Renegade Marketer and I highly recommend it.

I also recommend Magnetic Sponsoring by Mike Dillard ($39) and MLM The Whole Truth ($37) by Lou Abbot.

All the Best,

Mark
  9. ekkmendoza

ekkmendoza New Member

Quoting: malibumentorCheck out John Milton Fogg's The Greatest Networker in The World,

I've read that some few years ago, and its great!
  10. ekkmendoza

ekkmendoza New Member

If your not sure what book to read, just search the net for available ebooks for you to download. I have a few collection I got for free, and most are really helpful and inspiring.
  11. annadenise

annadenise Member

This is more than one, but comes from someone who I trust. I have read several of these myself.

* 'The Success Principles' by Jack Canfield

* The Accidental Millionaire - Stephanie Frank

* "Getting Everything You Can Out Of All You've Got" - Jay Abraham

* "The Instant Millionaire" by Mark Fisher

* Jerry Hicks: Ask And It Is Given: Learning To Manifest Your Desires

* Wayne Dyer's is "The Power of Intention"

* Developing the Leader Within You. By John C. Maxwell

* Think and Grow Rich. By Napoleon Hill

* The Psychology of Winning. By Dennis Waitley

* The Greatest Networker in the World. By John Milton Fogg

* The Power of Positive Thinking. By Norman Vincent Peale

* The Richest Man in Babylon. By George S. Clason

* Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

* The Magic of Believing by Claude Bristol

* The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz

* The Trick To Money Is Having Some by Stuart Wilde

* Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (will forever change your thinking)

* The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder

* Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Dr. Stephen Covey

* Principal Centered Leadership by Steven Covey

* Lead, Follow, Or Get Out Of The Way by Jim Lundy

* Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins

* Leadership Secrets Of Attila The Hun by Wess Roberts

* Sun Tzu - Art Of War

* The Leader In You by Dale Carnegie

* Success Is A Choice by Rick Pitino

* The Winner Within by Pat Riley

* 7 Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra

* Who Moved My Cheese? - Spencer Johnson, Kenneth H. Blanchard

* Rich Dad's the Business School for People who Like Helping People - Robert Kiyosaki

* Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki

* Cash Flow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki

* The Millionaire Next Door - Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko

* Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistake - John Maxwell

* The 17 Essential Qualities Of A Team Player Becoming The Kind Of Person Every Team Wants - John C. Maxwell

* Your First Year in Network Marketing: Overcome Your Fears, Experience Success, and Achieve Your Dreams! - Mark Yarnell, Rene Reid Yarnell

* If You Think You Can!: Thirteen Laws that Govern the Performance of High Achievers - TJ Hoisington
  12. JenniferF

JenniferF New Member

Just to add a few I did not see on the excellent list above:

The Slight Edge, Jeff Olsen
    Spiritual Marketing, Dr. Joe Vitale
    Betting on Yourself, Dr. Robert Anthony
    ANYTHING By John C. Maxwell is good
  13. westfam11

westfam11 Member

AnnaDenise.

Thank you for the extensive list. I have not heard of some of those. I will definitely check them out.

Becky West
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

circuitrider44: Have you read the one she sells and if so is it a lot more help.
    Charles

Sorry Charles - I didn't see your question till now and yes, I do have the one you have to pay for and it is worth every penny![​IMG]
  15. freecashhappens

freecashhappens New Member

How to meet friends and influence people is great. That is about building relationships and that is what MLM is really all about. That should be a must read for everybody. It's helped me with being a better father and husband as well as networker
  16. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

Success in 10 Steps by Michael Dlouhy.

It's free and it's the best book for anyone who's wondering why they are struggling and failing in their MLM. It doesn't mention any company; it's generic'; and it's not an affiliate program in disguise. Nobody makes any money with it.

It saved us years of failure and frustration.

Rob Nyte
  17. Zurvita

Zurvita New Member

I will have to go with Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich for this one. So much of what is out there is based from this book, that it is a no brainer to make sure to check it out. Alot of the info has just been remarketed, "The Secret Law Of Attraction" for instance. Of course he had his influences when he wrote his book as well, but all things considered this classic will get anyone started on there way.
  18. milasports

milasports New Member

BUSINESS OF THE 21ST CENTURY by Robert Kyosaki
  19. gingerva

gingerva Guest

Your question was what book would be the best for a newbie to read. Someone who is new needs to learn the network marketing business first. Personal development comes later.

After 3 months of struggling, my mentor told me to go out immediately and buy the book, "Your First Year in Network Marketing" by Mark Yarnell. I did and it was the best decision I made.

The book taught me what to expect and how to laugh at and learn from the mistakes I made. Too bad I had to learn the hard way...wish I had read the book first.

I highly recommend it!

Ginger Hogue
  20. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Kevin, i would recommend the e-book, success in ten steps. Also there is a website network marketing business school that would help out. They are "generic" as a resource and are'nt company specific. The e-book is free to download and the website has good components to it. Hope this helps.

Rich