What Is Your Best Link Building Strategy?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by kanonig, Jul 21, 2011.

1. kanonig New Member

I spend most of my time doing article marketing and blogging thou i do get some result but looks like its going to take some time. I would appreciate if i get to know your best link building strategy that you have gotten quick result from.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I started using Directory maximizer and love it. It is giving me a great boost in building backlinks.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

Everyone says that it is all in the numbers.

If you want to work on this strategy of article marketing, you need to write a lot of them.

I am not referring to 100's. I am referring to 1000's of them which will be published all over the internet.

If you are focusing on a niche that does not have much competition, then you will do really well.

If you are writing about work at home or home based business topics then you are going to have lots of competition to get on the first pages of the search engines and this may not ever happen for you.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: If you are writing about work at home or home based business topics then you are going to have lots of competition to get on the first pages of the search engines and this may not ever happen for you.
    so so true... I would dare say it will never happen unless you are a seasoned marketer.
  5. dmitch31 New Member

I like blog commenting myself.

If you are talking about automated methods, then I have heard that Sick Submitter is really good, but I don't own it myself. I found a really good offer for a discount on that product, wanted to bite the bullet and buy it, but haven't yet.
  6. dosil New Member

Building links is the hard part of the process of getting your site to first page of the search results in Google. Maybe, it's better to outsource this to the experts, so that you will not be wasting time doing it. For $5, you can get enough back links at fiverr.
  7. syxx New Member

Blogging like this. and forum posting. They take time, but are free. Purchasing links from high pr sites is good too.
  8. Survey Taker New Member

I like article marketing for low competition keyword.
  9. shuvo Member

For me its angela paul monthly high pr backlinks packet and my second best technique is forum participation.
  10. sasta10 New Member

Social boomarking and directory listing is two methods I use to get backlinks. With directory listing you should target about 500 - 1000 directories as you will not get listed on every directory you submit to. You should not submit to all diretories at the same time, do it through over time (weekly and monthly) and also avoid automatic submission tool as search engine see this as a scam. Thanks.
  11. JennyO New Member

I use blogs and other comment related sources
  12. redhead New Member

kanonig
    Yes it does take a lot of time and you need to learn and learn and do one thing at a time[IMG]

You can also outsorce this part if you have finances.

Blogging, commenting, articles are goo ways.

One tip is Only Wire. For 10 usd a month you can submit your posts to about 40 social media sites[IMG]

Reminds me, I should do that right now[IMG]

Best,
    Sanna
  13. PeterFrosen New Member

I would focus on quality .edu/.gov backlinks and hand written backlinks on blogs that encourage more discussion and relate to your site content.

I think the days of spam commenting blogs is becoming less effective and Google has been talking about closing in on those kind of backlinks.

In the mean time try to target low competition keywords and I think you'll start seeing some good traffic.
  14. gowriter Member

I only recently started having success with ranking my page. I've been using the Tier 1 - Tier 2 - Tier 3 backlinking strategy. It seems to be working, especially when I use Social Monkee.
  15. mreese601 Member

If you want backlinks the bottom line is you going to have to have a mix of forum marketing, blog commenting, article marketing, social book marketing and video marketing. Now I here everyone talking about getting back links to their site, If you don't want to do the work outsource it. Go to fiverr and find someone that will do some blog commenting for you, or do some article marketing for you. The main thing is being consistence in your marketing and you will see results.
  16. lymand New Member

mreese601: If you want backlinks the bottom line is you going to have to have a mix of forum marketing, blog commenting, article marketing, social book marketing and video marketing. Now I here everyone talking about getting back links to their site, If you don't want to do the work outsource it. Go to fiverr and find someone that will do some blog commenting for you, or do some article marketing for you. The main thing is being consistence in your marketing and you will see results.
    I agree. These are all excellent ways to get backlinks. If you can afford it, you can outsource your article marketing through someone like Submit Your Article as well. Consistency is definitely the key, I believe.
  17. samda Member

Every niche is different. Every keyword is different and every website is different. So, there is no one answer to your question.

However from my experience I can say that tracing back competition and asking questions like below is the best SEO strategy.

- Am I optimizing for the right keywords?
    - Am I optimizing for a generic keyword?
    - Do I have enough materials in my landing page to essentially engage with the visitor?
    - Who is my competition? What are their link sources? What is that they offer in their website?
    - Am I having an edge to competition in terms of my offering to my end users.

Essentially the ball game is changing. Link building is no more called the secret soup of SEO. You need to have some 'value' in your website to SEO it.
  18. sunnyblue New Member

I don't believe in automated link building I do it manually, try to use multiple methods of link building so that it would look natural to search engines.
  19. NetWizard862 New Member

I kinda combine automated link building and manual one. That is, I gratefully take all the profitable links LinkAssistant suggests, then pick up the best links from an already great selection. LA does also have an inbuilt email client and marks each link partner with a status (like, 1st request sent, etc.), I can even upload all this stuff to my link directly right from the software. And the best part is that it does also verify the links for you, so if some of those stop being of use for ya due to whatever reason I immediately spot this and get rid of those.
    saves me oodles of time.
  20. Carolynkelly New Member

I prefer forum posting, social bookmarking and directory submission.