What Is Your Favorite Quote???

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Shelly Allen, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Lauren

Lauren New Member

I have a bizzare sense of humor, and this one just cracks me up! (Not sure where it came from..)

"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver."
  2. bigTee

bigTee New Member

"It was a woman that drove me to drink - and I didn't have the decency to thank her!" - W.C. Fields
  3. shyaan

shyaan New Member

Hi All,

My Favorite quotes are ...

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
  4. Cash Gifting

Cash Gifting New Member

a moving quote from Colin Powell...

On February 14, 2002, (during MTV Global Discussion) he was asked how he felt representing a country commonly perceived as "the Satan of contemporary politics." Here is the relevant part of his reply:

" Far from being the Great Satan, I would say that we are the Great Protector. We have sent men and women from the armed forces of the United States to other parts of the world throughout the past century to put down oppression. We defeated Fascism. We defeated Communism. We saved Europe in World War I and World War II. We were willing to do it, glad to do it. We went to Korea. We went to Vietnam. All in the interest of preserving the rights of people.

And when all those conflicts were over, what did we do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say, "Okay, we defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan, so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do? We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which they have embraced totally to their soul. And did we ask for any land? No, the only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead. And that is the kind of nation we are."
  5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

6. kyrash

kyrash New Member

Only true test of fire makes a fine steel [​IMG]
  7. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have two.

1. If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

2. Life is what happens to us when we are busy making other plans.
  8. kyrash

kyrash New Member

robinincarolina: 1. If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    [​IMG] like that one lol
  9. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

I like this topic well done andrea.

"There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it."
  10. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

I like these ones best andrea.

"Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork"
    "One should eat to live, not live to eat"
    "Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake"
  11. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

lol, the Mike Tyson one is funny.

I've always felt Oscar Wilde had a way with words. Here's one of his I really like:

"I am not young enough to know everything."
  12. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

A consistent pattern of thought on a subject of desire will bring you corresponding reality without taking the physical steps that you are accustomed to taking. Thought is powerful and transformative.

Abraham-Hicks, Alaska Cruise July 2008
  13. rosa41

rosa41 New Member

Not a quote but something I remind myself regularly.

When I am frustrated and wondering if it is worth it, I remind myself that....

This is where everyone else gives up!

And

That which does not kill me, makes me stronger.

Adversity is what make me who I am. I never regret it.
  14. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

Some very good true quote ,i have enjoyed reading this topic keep up the good work.
    [​IMG]andrea
  15. computerincome

computerincome New Member

"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it"
    Bob Hope
  16. andreaevens20

andreaevens20 New Member

That 's a good one very good indeed.
    "Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers"
    "To pretend, I actually do the thing: I have therefore only pretended to pretend"
  17. thefortunemaker

thefortunemaker New Member

"i havn't failed,i've just found 10'000 ways that don't work!"
  18. Mal Tindle

Mal Tindle New Member

Hi Shelly,

I was recently reminded of one of my favourite quotes and mentioned it in another post (can't remember where, I must be at that age LOL) and is from the famous scientist Isaac Newton who said:-

"If it appears that I can see further it's because I am standing on the shoulders of giants". He obviously felt somewhat humbled by others who had helped him and who he had learned from.

best wishes,

Mal.
  19. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

so simple,

No Pain No Gain
    No Money No Life [​IMG]
  20. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

"Ignorance on fire will beat genius on ice"