What is your most important item in your office?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by CubicleBob, Jan 16, 2013.

1. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi,
    I'm interested in what you feel in your home office (or work office if you work outside of the home) is what you consider your most essential item(office product, software, etc) that aids you in your productivity?

I recently started using a free tool online called Trello which is kind of like an online board software (aka Pinterest without the pics) that allows you to keep track of ToDo items, etc. You can also share your boards as well. I have no affiliation whatsoever but I love it for keeping track of website work, ToDo list at work, etc. My boss actually uses it and told me about it. Trello.com if you are interested. Another great thing is that you can log in with your Google account.

In my home office it is obviously my computer desk which I could not do without. I'm new to this forum and would love to hear your thoughts.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Bob!

Here are some software that I think are absolutely essential in improving my business productivity:

1. Clipmate
    2. AutoHotKey
    3. RoboForm
    4. Autoresponder software

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I'm really bare boned. I mainly use a word processor and a spreadsheet for To Do Lists and to keep track of goals and projects.

4. Hello Bob,

Welcome to the forum. I keep it simple, I only use sticky notes to keep track of the things that I need done. I have a dual monitor system and I use one monitor for the sticky notes only.. The whole screen has this color coordinated post its...

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

6. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi Vishal,
    Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and thanks for your input. #2 and #4 I am familiar with but will brush up on #1 and #3.
    I also think I have to set myself up for notifications because I didn't know I had any responses and I hope I can be alerted.

7. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi,
    Sometimes the minimalistic approach is the best way to be. Prior to Trello I did everything with spreadsheets and Word for my ToDo Lists but I find this is a whole lot better!

8. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Thanks for the welcome Christian. I'm happy to have found this forum! I cannot live without Post-it Notes and flags. I think it's cool that you use one monitor for Post-it Notes! I haven't gone the dual monitor route yet (unlike MOST of my co-workers) but the way you use the 2nd one might be a great option!

9. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Yes, I can certainly understand using a pen and a pad. Sometimes the old school way is the best! Whatever works for the individual is the best way. Kind of like organization. What works for some people might not work for another.

10. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Mine isn't a product or software. I use meditation and eft or tapping. I do that daily and have found that it really opens my mind and gets and keeps the creativity flowing.

11. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi Robin,
    I hear you about meditation. I used to do TM years ago and I should definitely get back into it. Sometimes stress levels reach new heights these days. I also have to get back to working out first thing in the morning which I did for years! :)

12. Hi Bob,

What a GREAT Question.

There are so many items I use that are essential but...

I would have to say my autoresponder.

I wouldn't be able to operate my online business without it. :)

Kevin

13. Brian Hammer

Brian Hammer New Member

Hi robinincarolina,
    Me too very much interested in meditation. Even I had tried for 6-8 months. But still not sure, what is the correct way of doing. Could you put some of your thoughts please?

14. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi Kevin,
    Since I also have online businesses, and one related to cubicle/office accessories and office productivity, I'm really interested in what others here have to say. So far the answers have been great and eye-opening.

I hear you on the AutoResponder. I haven't fully utilized autoresponding yet but I can see where it is so valuable in an online business. I use aWeber for signing-up to my list but don't go further with periodic, systematic emails. Thanks for responding! :)

15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Hi Brian!

If you struggle getting to that blank mind phase, there are guided meditation cds out there. Getting into the Vortex by Esther Hicks is a great one. It takes practice! The benefits are immeasurable.

My first thought is this. The soul knows what the mind doesn't recognize, so by meditating, we find answers that we hadn't even considered before. I mix my spiritual with my business, with everything, and the rewards are great.

16. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

My iMac!

17. tanya.e

tanya.e New Member

music in the background, Pandora is the best!

18. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi Tanya,
    It's funny you say music because I always listen to sports talk while I'm working at home. :)

19. CubicleBob

CubicleBob Member

Hi shutterbugjen,
    I hear you on the iMac. My daughters swear by theirs but I'm still on PCs. Have contemplated migrating to Apple though.

20. Shane1234

Shane1234 New Member

The notepad on the computer is what I use to keep track of almost everything.