What made you decide to be a WAHM?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by zen, Aug 21, 2012.

1. zen

zen New Member

I'm new to working from home full time. For me it was a decision I took consciously as it is something that I've always wanted. I was doing well in the corporate environment and the company I was with had all sorts of growth prospects but the environment was simply not for me. Getting home tired and not being able to help my ADD son with homework was painful for me. My husband would do most of the transporting of kids to school and was more involved in their day to day lives to a point where I would feel left out. To cut a long story short, I decided to follow my lifelong dream of working full time on the net and become more available to live a full and flexible life.

What is your story?

lorraine Kud likes this.
  2. StephanieH

StephanieH New Member

Like many women, becoming pregnant changed everything for me. Personally, I didn't want to put my son in daycare and miss out on all his special moments and developments. It's been such a joy to be with him everyday, and has helped our family so much. It was worth a cut in pay (at least for now) in order to have the family lifestyle we desired.

3. Montia

Montia New Member

I totally agree. I worked for some major companies, but the recession has affected everyone. I really like the idea of working from home as well. I am also working on my internet business at home. But it has been a struggle since I dont have any income coming in. So I am trying to fine some legit virtual job sites, so I can inturn use that money to further build my online business.

Hey Stephanie, I am checking out those virtual site on your webpage.

Are those legitimate site. There are many virtual sites on the internet that are not. Its scary to give up your credentials to get paid and then they steal you identity. So please advise. I really want to fine a trustworthy site that I can apply to.

If anyone knows of any legitimate virtual jobs sites, please dont be afraid to share them

Thanks

4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I was kind of thrown into it. When I was laid off almsot 7 years ago, I tried some different ways to make money online. I found a niche of working with sites that are free to join and offer free ways to make money. And I've been doing it ever since. :)

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

I'm not work at home mom, but I can tell you it's been a pleasure to working with many over the years. I love seeing them succeed in home business. Continued success to work at home mom, dads, and singles :)

robinincarolina likes this.
  6. WAH was a dream for me. I did the company hustle and decided one day that enough was enough. It was time to take my life into my own hands and live the life that I always wanted. At some point you come to the conclusion that you can live life, thrive and be happy, or you can simply survive.

I wanted to thrive and feel the passion that, although successful before, was missing. I have never looked back since.

7. Rashmi

Rashmi New Member

For me, it was a conscious decision to work from home. As a mom of two, it was my priority to be with them when they need, at the same time, I want to do something of my own. Choosing a path and following that is always a challenge.

8. Cristi Doncea

Cristi Doncea New Member

I wanted to be a WAHM since i had 17 years old, like any other kid i had dreams but i failed with my first affiliate program. That didn't stopped me, i knew that somehow money can be made online i just needed to learn first about affiliate programs. I wanted so bad to have an income because one of my dreams was to go to the university and became an engineer in electronics but i did succeeded. All i can say to those who are new to work at home programs, don't give up, be motivated and look for a long time income.

9. Sandra Kline

Sandra Kline New Member

I think working at home is great... You get to meet all kinds of people... And it is great helping someone else to get into your business...:D

10. Lillian Sauve

Lillian Sauve New Member

Hello Everyone: I am a retired grandmother, and would like to generate extra income on line to help out with finances. Can someone please recommend a program that is not overwhelming with information, and I can do for a few hours a week. Soooo many scams. Thankyou.

11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Any mom can work at home full time but for many it is a struggle to get things going.

What ever you do, find a good mentor, hopefully another mom who works at home full time online and learn from them. Just make sure that you join the right person. There are some dishonest people out there online who will prey on moms and take their money.

Do a lot of research when you decide to join someone or an opportunity.

Then when you do join an opportunity that others are doing really well with, take massive action and learn from your mentor. Never give up and always keep your dream in front of you.

12. UniqueB

UniqueB New Member

I'm a 20 year old student/nanny and I'm just not satisfied with the small pay that I'm getting. It's not enough for me. I want things in life. I already have my AA in Administrative Health Care Management, but whats an Associates Degree anymore? So as I'm proceeding to go higher and go for my bachelors, I still need money. Where I live, it's kind of hard getting a job. So I realized that.. Millions of people make GREAT money by working at home, ONLINE. While others are busy gossipping on facebook and twitter, I came to the realization that I can utilize the very thing I use the most and make money. So that's why I'm here.

13. Ang7el

Ang7el New Member

I haven't reached that point yet... I currently am working my business at home and still going to work. But I know that if I truly work my business I will be able to replace my "going to work job" easily... as long as I don't stand in my own way...

14. GairyAmeriplan

GairyAmeriplan New Member

My wife actually works from home. She lost her job some time ago. She searched and searched for work and could not find anything suitable for her skill set. Overtime she came across a wonderful company that allowed her to be independent and work from. Actually making from income part-time than she did full-time.

15. lascott7

lascott7 New Member

I would say due to me not having my own car and not driving (we only got 1 car and I do not drive because of health issues which I do not have, it's just to be safe until I get my license). But I understand most cases are due to being pregnant which has happened to me 10 years ago which I had to stay at home. Plus I wanted the freedom to work when I wanted to.

16. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I was fired from a job I simply could not stand. I had many passions in life and by working at home, I can share those passions and make money doing it via affiliate marketing! What more could a person want. Much more rewarding to build your own dream than the dream of someone else!

17. Pamelagreen30

Pamelagreen30 New Member

I am jobless since I got married. It's a choice my husband and I made since he has a very nice job and is well compensated. With our first 2 children, life is still comfortable until our 3rd child came and a sudden turn around from his work came. I started applying on online job because I had to take care of my children. At first it was really hard, but after a few weeks I started making plans on my everyday household task and my online job.