What more can I do?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Nov 22, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

I'm really frustrated right now. For the past three months, I've been trying to do everything I can to promote my online business. Nothing is working,

It seems like I'm just spinning my wheels. Here's what I've done so far trying to promote.

1. Submitted to various SE's
    2. Signiture in various forums
    3. Submitted ads to various classifieds including Craig's List and My Space.
    4. I've submitted blogs, articles and press releases.
    5. I've join networking groups.

I've done almost everything short of sending out a Bat Signal.

What am I promoting?

1. Honest Riches
    2. My Power Mall
    3. Day Job Killer
    4. Survey Scout

After three months I've only made $4.29 with Adsense. and $16.16 with Clickbank and that was because I bought the Honest Riches ebook.

Why is nothing I do really working for me?
  2. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

Helllo Duckbird I can appreciate how frustrating it must be after putting in such effort.

What I wonder is: are the niches you are promoting way too over saturarted? Are there other keywords you might be missing and could experiment with? Are you personally really excited about what you are promoting?

I am only promoting one thing right now but I totally believe in it and use it myself. I've been studying PL since April, but never really got started until August. So far I've made six sales, three in the past few weeks and also some regular change with Adsense. So far my site is about ten pages and I am selling one thing. I've also experimented with different kewords and I believe that has helped. Why I am telling you this is just to give you a picture of how this newbie is making a little headway. Of course I'd like it to be making more already, but I think realistically the way it is growing is probably standard. Its kind of like the wave that starts out really small.

Anyway, I would suggest you strip things down even further. Start with one thing, but choose the thing you are most fired up about. I think the more you believe in it, the more it will work for you. Just pour your effort into one thing. I know it might be a hard idea to swallow, but if none of the products you are promoting right now are ones you are really fired up about, would you consider taking all the skills you have acquired and put them behind something new? Its obvious to me that Internet marketing really can work for us if we just keep cracking away at that. All good things take time they say. There's a doorway for you -- don't give up. Hope this helps.

Best

PS My product is through Clickbank and none of the sales have been me buying.[​IMG]
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Try monetising your own site, you may have better luck
  4. duckbird

duckbird New Member

With all the advertisement I have out there, I've got to get lucky at some point. Somewhere there is a child being born right now who will buy from me someday.
  5. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

sometimes its take time yo get listed in some directories, how long ago did you try and list yourself
  6. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: Hemjoesometimes its take time yo get listed in some directories, how long ago did you try and list yourself

Actually I've been submitting manually for the past two months now.

I'm not saying my products are not on SE's, people are seeing them they're just not interested in them.

Everyone is saying it takes time and I can understand that but at what point if you've done everything thing there is to do to promote something do you say "Looks like online marketing is not workng for me" 6 months? 9 months? 1 year?

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I didn't know it was going to be this difficult.
  7. roseliabubakar

roseliabubakar New Member

I have been receiving a lot traffic from digg, propeller and stumbleupon.

Write an interesting article about your products and add it to these sites and you might get lucky.

As for adsense, you need to place your adsense ad near the top of your main page to get more clicks not at the bottom of your page. You are also using black colour as your ad title which doesn't work very well as people will think of it as a normal text and they will not likely to click it. You are also using the blue colour for the ad url which makes it looks like an advertisement.

Try using blue for the title and black for the text / url, then place your ads near the top of your page. You will see your adsense revenue will begin to rise but remember, no traffic - no click..
  8. roseliabubakar

A link ad unit just after your welcome message should also do the trick [​IMG]
  9. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: roseliabubakarAs for adsense, you need to place your adsense ad near the top of your main page to get more clicks not at the bottom of your page.

I have an affilliate website which I have no control of where the adsense adds are place. I've asked if they could be moved to a better location on the page and they say they have no control to where the ads are placed.

On my blogs the adds are placed near the top on the upper right hand side. Take a look.. www.aboutmyhr.blogspot.com
  10. roseliabubakar

Quoting: duckbirdOn my blogs the adds are placed near the top on the upper right hand side. Take a look..http://aboutmyhr.blogspot.com

Then you need to have your own website to earn more with adsense. There are a lot of free website out there but a paid one is more reliable.

Just visited your blogs, try changing your ads colour to blend with your blog.

I also used the same template as you are, check out my ads placement and my colour scheme at my blogs below :-

free-survey.blogspot.com/
    top-get-paid-program.blogspot.com/
    landscaping-for-all.blogspot.com/
    all-about-malaysia-info.blogspot.com/

I have tried with various ads placement and colour scheme, currently these ads placement and colour scheme works the best. As you can see, I am also using the same template. This free template are the best.

I have very high click ratios, I just need to improve my on my traffic.

Good Luck
  11. roseliabubakar

You definately need more content for your blogs before you can start optimizing your blog...

No content - No traffic

No traffic - No clicks

No clicks - No earnings !!!
  12. Hi duckbird,

I would have to agree with birdgirl. Just because you are learning internet marketing does not mean you have to promote internet marketing products. You are trying to compete in one of the most saturated markets against the most experienced marketers.

Search other niches, preferably the ones you have an interest in. then search for products to promote in that those niches.

Make sure to do your keyword searches as well.

Get some viral marketing going to leverage your traffic.

My signature link leads to an article I wrote with step-by-step details on how to do this.

To your success,

Michael
  13. stacy

stacy New Member

That was a very informative article with a lot of helpful tips. I printed it out for future reference. I'm having trouble deciding on a niche, I just can't get started. Everything is so saturated right now, it's difficult to decide which way to go.
  14. Quoting: stacyThat was a very informative article with a lot of helpful tips. I printed it out for future reference.

Thanks for the nod. I would suggest you start out with a niche you know alot about. Do some keyword research to narrow it down and begin by writing some good content articles.

Choose a product to market that matches your niche instead of writing about a product whos niche you know nothing about.

Do a bit of research and see what kind of problems or questions need solutions within that niche.

To your success,

Michael
  15. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

If you promote a product/niche you know a lot about or feel very passionate about, it will make writing articles a whole lot easier, i have found the articles i have written about products or niches that interest me are more successful and just roll of my tongue. However for the ones i know little about and have little interest in the product/niche, the articles are so much harder to write.
  16. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

Have you considered marketing offline, also?
  17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

duckbird,

Don't give up. I know it is discouraging when you are getting started and not being as successful as you had hoped. I honestly think you are trying to monetize in a very tough field as was already mentioned.

Did you ever read that free Affiliate Masters Course I offered you a couple of months ago?

I have to agree with birdgirl and suggest that you try to come at this with fresh eyes.

Put the internet marketing niche out of your head and make a list of things you ARE good at. Maybe things you really LOVE or ENJOY. Perhaps a hobby or special interest, or even something really fun, like making model airplanes.

You already know my first site is all about chocolate candy! [​IMG] I really wish you would read over that e-course and see if it doesn't inspire you. It's a shame to give up when you really have a desire to make it work.

It took me about 3 months to get my site built to a place where I felt ready to monetize it. Of course, I was chomping at the bit to do it sooner (and I did on my second site because I knew what I was doing the second time around).

At first I only earned a couple of dollars a month (literally) and then each month it grew like a snowball rolling down the hill. This month I will have over $200 with Adsense alone on that first site. Sure it isn't a fortune, but it is a foundation. One I intend to continue building upon in the coming years.

Do consider this. I know you can do it if you just had the right tools, instruction, and a niche you loved.

To your success...
  18. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

Free Affiliat Masters Course. Please tell us about it. I'm asking, so I'm sure it won't be considered as spam.
  19. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Duckbird,

I can imagine how upsetting it would be to put so much work into your marketing and only get a trickle. I agree with birdgirl, roseliabubakar, and happywife. Add more quality content. Make it about something you love - not necessarily making money online as your topic. See if you can make your adsense blend in with your content colors.

Furthermore, host your own Wordpress site and create a Squidoo Lens. Decide which site will be your main site and after you create these two additional sites, link from them to your main site...or link from each of the sites to each other.

Try not to focus so much on WHEN you'll make money. Just keep building good content and add new marketing methods from time to time. The money will follow.

Get some RSS going.

Try these:

agloco
    bidvertiser
    textlinkads
    kontera
    ttzmedia
    azoogleads
    auctionads
    feedburner
    dealdotcom

By the way, NONE of my sites are "Make money online" sites. My best site is one where I created my own unique product (top secret :p). I also have a technology site, an animal rights site, and a couple music sites. Are you surprised?

The only place I "market" make money online is in my sig file at 5 different forums. It's okay to keep your make money online sites, but let them be a secondary project. Get into something you know and love or into something you think you will love.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  20. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Quoting: mikepressnellFree Affiliat Masters Course. Please tell us about it. I'm asking, so I'm sure it won't be considered as spam.

Well, I wouldn't want to test anyone's good grace, so I have put it in my signature for you and anyone else that may be interested. I didn't have much room left [​IMG] so I named it "Free Aff. Course." Help yourselves.

Basically it is a written manual on the whole concept behind the Sitesell program. You don't have to implement it using SBI (I just decided it would be a whole lot easier and cost effective for me to do so). The principles and steps are there to take for anyone who wants to apply them using other tools and software.

It was the first "Ebook" I read on affiliate marketing that really "clicked" with me and made real sense for the long term goals I had in mind. I think I may have given up, or at least fallen for a lot more scams, if someone hadn't passed this book on to me when they did. I considered it an answer to prayer. [​IMG]

Hope someone is helped, encouraged, inspired, and blessed by it.