What should abandoned Coastal Synergy Group Members do?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by jnapier, Dec 13, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Well, since it's out of the bag I thought I'd share some thoughts to help those who have been abandoned by the Coastal Synergy Group.

It's never a pleasant thing when a change is made that you can not control. As your own business owner you DO make your own decisions, but as a subscriber to the CSG you have only 2 choices go with them or find another way to run your Coastal Vacations business that you've already invested in.

Many unsuspecting CSG members are operating their business as usual and don't know what will take place on the 1st. It's sad when you think about it. Many are just beginning to crawl in the Coastal business, others are just infants in their business and are wobbley when they walk and are expecting more experienced directors to help them make sales and grow their new business.

So, what should an abandoned CSG member do?

1) Connect or re-connect with the official Coastal Training and support. Some do not even know there's an official coastal system and board of directors. Others know, but are not connected. So first - connect and find out what you've been missing

official coastal training dot com
    official coastal tools dot com

2) Attend the Official Coastal Event in March. There's going to be ALOT of great things there that will help continue their momentum.

3) Pull all your leads from the mac system. These are your leads and you don't want someone else to begin to market to your leads as has happened in the past ( this is a precaution ).

4) Find out where your director stands. Are they staying with Coastal or are they leaving? If they stay, you need to gauge where they are as far as their knowledge and know that this is YOUR business and you should do your own research to learn about your options

5) Realize that you are at a fork in the road. It's not the end, but the beginning of your new business. You have alot of options and you should be happy to have options that were not available before

6) Make sure your making the decision for the right reason. Do it for your reasons, not anyone elses. Whatever is right for you...go with it.

While I'm really curious how this will be projected to the members of the CSG, I'm hoping that they are honest with their members. Many of their top leaders have left over the last 12 months. Some have had to sign agreements that they will not tell what's going on, so that's why there's so little available about this. But, a leak is a leak and we should all feel blessed to know this information before it is broke.

Many top leaders are often offered special treatment and even money to go in a different direction. I don't know if that is the case here, but I suspect that either money was offered to make a move or the company has been bought by Nitsa.

Jay NaPier
  2. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: jnapierI don't know if that is the case here, but I suspect
    Jay - why shed doubts when you admittedly do not know for sure what is going on? What little I have heard about this - and frankly it is none of my business - nor anyone else not in the CSG currently - that the only change to be made is one of adding options to the CV package. A choice CSG people can offer or not.

No really big changes as far as anything other than that - no huge or major decisions to be made. Kinda like ordering dessert after the meal - just another option.

Am I missing something?
  3. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: jnapierWhile I'm really curious how this will be projected to the members of the CSG, I'm hoping that they are honest with their members. Many of their top leaders have left over the last 12 months. Some have had to sign agreements that they will not tell what's going on, so that's why there's so little available about this. But, a leak is a leak and we should all feel blessed to know this information before it is broke

JAY- again you are using fear marketing tactics and frightening people. NO ONE is being "abandoned" and thier business will NOT be stolen out from under them! QUITE THE OPPOSITE, in fact! NO ONE is being left behind, we are being very SUPPORTED. Any company making changes will make arrangements and work out details in confidence before making a public announcement. You don't know that publically traded companies or doing this or that until they call a press conference and you see the stock market changes and the article in the newspaper. The CSG is no different- they are professionally managing changes NOT trying to keep information from you, I or anyone else.

You keep talking about "top leaders leaving"- well frankly Jay- the only leaders I have seen leaving are a very few folks like yourself and I don't consider making lots of sales and having a big mouth to put one at the top. The SYNERGY group has always been about synergy. If you don't have synergy- that concept of symbiotic energy working together towards a common goal of success, then you are better off being elsewhere.

It is absolutely WRONG it imply or assume that peoples leads will be stolen or that people are paying people off. I know for a fact that the csg founders have invested not only a lot of their own money as well as TIME in this- and as this has been a very long term project, I can hardly see WHY all of a sudden folks that were in the know from day one in CSG leadership (also a volountary role) would pick up and leave all of a sudden??

Quoting: jnapierMany top leaders are often offered special treatment and even money to go in a different direction. I don't know if that is the case here, but I suspect that either money was offered to make a move or the company has been bought by Nitsa.

Jay NaPier

I can most certainly think of a few situatios I have personal knowledge of where people have been incentivized to leave the CSG. Were you not turned down for CSG leadership twice before having a revelation and moving over to the BOD where magically, you are on the leadership team? I remember you talking about that to me personally, Jay and I also got a call from Al that I imagine was similar to the call yourself and many others got.... and I am aware that you have burned bridges and will have a very hard time mending them so you have good reason to poke holes in anything the CSG is or is not doing. I have to tell you that you are less then well informed however, and are merely spreading vicious rumours and half truths.

But it is wrong to speak about things you DO NOT know about nor have any personal knowledge of not to mention it merely will discredit your reputation when people do learn the facts. People are absolutely being given choices, help and guidance here- I see that the CSG is going well above and beyond and making VERY positive changes that the BOD- or rather Al- SHOULD have made a very long time ago (yet again). I expect in a year or so.. we will see the BOD catching up and bringing service and integrity into our membership. Its a GOOD thing for everyone in Coastal Jay, so really, stop focusing on finding the negative and let people make up their own minds with the facts and without your conjecture.

Jani
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

First off Jani, you should take an inventory of what has been the PERT team, you'll find that some very important people are no longer there. And they are the folks who were responsible for some of the best things the the csg put together.

Yes, I was passed over twice. The first time was because no one knew me. The second time was because most of them were afraid I'd learn that many were not making sales like I was. And I know know of 1 or 2 people in the CSG who has hit over $50k in a month. I can say that Carol has done well.

When it comes down to it, I did get to know the csg ownership and while they do have a public personality, their private personality is different. Over all, it was the best thing that could have happened because it made be begin to look closer at what I can contribute to Coastal.

I was having discussion with both the CSG and the Board of Directors at the same time, so it really doesn't matter. Today, I am working on several projects that will help alot of folks in Coastal and that's all that REALLY matters. That sure beats the offer from Nitsa to do a closing cd training program and split the profits with her.....There are no profits or money to split with the projects I'm working on now so I' doing it for only 1 reason - to Contribute.

Either way, there are rumors out that the CSG is leaving Coastal, Yes this has been rumored to be coming for several years. At one time they had their own package ready to market, but they STOPPED at the last minute, which is why they lost Julie.

I also know that they were going to put together their own shipping center and one of their leaders make a $12,000 investment in packages, but they stopped that too.

Well - All I can say is they've created a track record for leaders leaving, which is good for Coastal as that's why we now have the Coastal Wealth Builders ( former CSG Leaders), DFI (Former CSG Leaders), and there's another group that's putting their team together and doing a soft launch of their own system (former csg leaders and PERT Team Members).

The great thing about Coastal is that you ARE your own business owner and you CAN do what you want with your business. NOW, when the CSG makes it's announcement (if it is a change in companies) or if they do their OWN company (Which is another rumor that's been around for about a year and a half) I'm sure we'll all be watching.

Either way, Nitsa has a track record for giving people reasons to leave the CSG.

Jay NaPier
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

My question is what happens to those who joined the CSG and are still not qualified but choose to stay with Coastal Vacations. (I know nothing about what is going on with CSG) so do they find a new Director and buy a new package?

I'm anxious to see what happens after the 1st of the year who knows it could be a good thing.
  6. emmjay

emmjay New Member

I was also with the Csg with a director who was also with them.Now my director is no longer with them and neither am I.All due to the costs and now I am in no mans land with 1 training sale and I am currently not working on Coastal.
  7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

To answer your question Rhonda, this type of thing has happened in the past by never in such a high quantity of people. The way it has been handled in the past is for those who become orphaned to send a note to the shipping center and the geneaology is followed to the next person who is still active with Coastal.

I've had several discussion about this and have volunteered to assist those who are orphaned and have also suggested some options that will make the transition easy for them as well.

emmjay, if I can assist you, let me know.

Jay NaPier
  8. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Mike..

You don't need to worry about anything, you will find that you are very well looked after in the New Year. Should you wish to stay with the CSG and your director is not there, you have the chance to make a fresh start and choose a Director for yourself.

Rhonda, I for one will STILL BE a Coastal Vacations Director and will gladly help those running their Coastal Vacations business. I think should they wish to choose another group, they should NOT have to buy another package or make different training sales etc etc- I personally have helped people in the past who have been orphaned, if it isn't thier fault, I find it unethical to penalize them for it.

Just hang on folks, I have stated that the CSG is looking after all present and past members in a very BIG way. I don't think anyone has any reason to panic, the beauty of a Coastal Vacations business here is CHOICE- the CSG is just giving everyone another option. Its a very good option that I am very excited about, as it will help so many people and solve so many existing problems.

I know of a number of very good, highly ethical directors who are very honest and willing to HELP people- so if anyone wants suggestions as to where to look for a Coastal Director if they have been abandoned by their director in ANY group, I am happy to provide suggestions as to what to do and where they might find a good fit for their needs.

I can assure everyone here once again, that what is coming will NOT be "abandoning" people, but giving them very good options. I will say again that CSG leadership has gone above the call of duty in supporting people with the change over to the NEW and very improved MAC.

I am right now working on quite a few new projects for my own team to continue to support and guide them to success. I have always believed in supporting people both before and AFTER their release, and I am not even more motivated to do so and find very good tools because there is a lot of changes coming that give me the opportunity to find better ways. Its one thing to be good- but it is another altogether to continually strive for improvement!

We are getting hit here with a HUGE winter storm. I hope everyone here is safe and warm, I am SO GLAD that I have a fully stocked fridge and have no reason to have to commute anywhere on Monday because of my home based business!

Cheers

Jani
  9. emmjay

emmjay New Member

Thanks Jani,
    I will wait out the 2 weeks and see what the CSG is offering in the new year.I believe my director is still working Coastal but with her own system using the sample sites which I think makes it difficult to capture prospects information.We are also getting hit hard with the storm but I do have to commute on Monday but its only 3 minutes.
  10. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Avoiding the Hype can be tough as there is so much of it going on. I've had several people who are with the CSG ask about this and I know that they are secretly rolling out the program to their leaders and to their leaders, leaders.

In a nutshell, when something like this happens the rumors kill the whole thing. Now, I have learned not to listen to the rumors - But these are NOW confirmed rumors and I've seen proof that this is taking place.

Instead of playing games with their people and telling them to just wait...they SHOULD just go ahead, break the news and let the sticks fall where they may, but they might upset a few.

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THE LAST PERSON TO PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP?

Well, it's sad to say but these folks are still marketing the Coastal packaging, knowing that they are going to make a change. It's deceptive, it's bad business and it's not right to the people who are looking at the program. It's ALSO not fair to the people who are apart of the CSG and are not a part of their inner circle. But...again, you should ask yourself, "What can I learn from this?"

You see, You have a team and you know if you chose to do the program, you'd want your team to continue to work with you - Right? Well, all of a sudden it becomes an "Open Cattle Call." And who do you think the folks are going to choose to work with??? Well, it might be you but it can also be the leaders that have been promoted for the last year or two.

This type of thing has happened in the past and I can tell you that generally the things that are being promoted like Customer Service - I'd like to know how a company is going to handle say 2000 customer service calls and not make money??? They can't. Who's going to want to go with the new company if they have to make an investment.

All I know is that I'm secure in my Coastal Business, I made a change for a reason. I'm happily making profits and I've moved away from this challenge FOR GOOD!

God bless

Jay NaPier
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I am really interested in what is going to be rolled out. Not because I want to join or maybe not join but because I love the buzz this has created. I will be sure to use this same strategy whenever Im promoting something new. What can be said again is that it truly has created a buzz. Great marketing strategy !!!!

If you are a CSG member dont feel abandoned or out of the loop. Continue to promote your Coastal Business as you have been doing and if this new program fits you then jump onboard.

This is a great lesson to all of the new members in marketing and as a seasoned marketer im taking advantage of this opportunity to increase my CV marketing efforts as everyone is looking to see what CV is about now. Day in and day out I continue to promote how great CV is as well as promoting my new program on getting in CV for free. I look at it this way all exposure of CV is good for all CV members as well as prospects looking at it.

Ride the wave out is my advice.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE APPRENTICE PROGRAM
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  12. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: jnapier folks are still marketing the Coastal packaging, knowing that they are going to make a change. It's deceptive, it's bad business and it's not right to the people who are looking at the program.
    I do not understand. Are you saying buying into CV is a bad idea? So what if who I buy from may have other opportunities? Does that make my coastal purchase a bad thing?

As I understand things, if I buy a Coastal deal then I am self employed and can make my own decisions - right?

Just because the person I purchased from has now gone a different direction - what on earth does that have to do with me?

If I purchased a CV business - I am responsible for making it work - Right?

I don't get all the hype about this CSV thing. Can someone explain this?
  13. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Adam:

The last BUZZ that blew thru this Forum was FTV and what a mess that turned out to be. It is true that the discussion about CSG has created concern about the direction a chunk of Coastal members are going and then there is the WHY factor? IS this a sign that Coastal has some issues to deal with and needs to fix whats broken. I know there are issues with bogus Directors releases and their has been nothing done to discourage it.

Bill
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: asebfI do not understand. Are you saying buying into CV is a bad idea? So what if who I buy from may have other opportunities? Does that make my coastal purchase a bad thing?

As I understand things, if I buy a Coastal deal then I am self employed and can make my own decisions - right?

Just because the person I purchased from has now gone a different direction - what on earth does that have to do with me?

If I purchased a CV business - I am responsible for making it work - Right?

I don't get all the hype about this CSV thing. Can someone explain this?

1) I think it's poor business to sell something today that you know tomorrow you won't be selling anymore ie: no longer supporting.

Coastal is a fantastic business but if I were with the CSG and didn't have an inside track and didn't know what the heck was going on - I'd have to stop or get the information so I could decide what I wanted to do.

2) How would you take someone's money when you know that in a few weeks you'll be asking them for more money for another product? Ok, so we don't have that info as of yet - but, why would a company offer to bring in a group without an investment?? If they did..... How would they support that group for no charge??

I'm just imagining CSG folks in the loop sitting n waiting and the ones outside are out there business as usual and that they'll get a BIG 2008 surprise.

When you consider the folks who signed the contracts not to say what the CSG was doing and you consider that alot of them chose to leave, it does leave you wondering what they know that others do not??

One of the great things about Coast is that you are in business for yourself, but just imagine how confusing it is going to be for anyone who has joined in the last 6-8 weeks?

Jay NaPier
  15. asebf

asebf New Member

Jay,

I still do not see all this hype and rumors about CSG being a big deal. If someone buys into the CV dream and is not a self starter, then they should not have begun to begin with.

So what if I was to buy from a CSG person today? If I don't like what they are doing tomorrow, I simply do not follow. I can just elect to do with my business anything I want. I can always follow the original CV program - there is lots of support and training on the sites - All I have to do is DO something.

All this CSG stuff is simply much ado about nothing.

Support? If you cannot read then you are without support - all the sites for tools and training are all up to the individual to take advantage of. If you need your hand held while you sit and study - then you are not the type to be self employed to begin with.

The CSG, DFI, XXX - none of these determine whether I go to work and do something or not. They all are marketing the same product - exactly the same product.

Your notion that just because a director goes a different direction - and therefore that action makes CV a bad value is absurd.

Sorry - actually no I am not sorry for being so blunt.
  16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Cant we all just get along? We are all adults and as an adult and your own business owner make the decisions that best fits you. Dont get involved in the politics and the back and forth. We have 2 weeks and we will see what all the hoopla is about. I for one cant wait.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  17. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: asebfI still do not see all this hype and rumors about CSG being a big deal. If someone buys into the CV dream and is not a self starter, then they should not have begun to begin with.

So what if I was to buy from a CSG person today? If I don't like what they are doing tomorrow, I simply do not follow. I can just elect to do with my business anything I want. I can always follow the original CV program - there is lots of support and training on the sites - All I have to do is DO something.

All this CSG stuff is simply much ado about nothing.

Support? If you cannot read then you are without support - all the sites for tools and training are all up to the individual to take advantage of. If you need your hand held while you sit and study - then you are not the type to be self employed to begin with.

The CSG, DFI, XXX - none of these determine whether I go to work and do something or not. They all are marketing the same product - exactly the same product.

Your notion that just because a director goes a different direction - and therefore that action makes CV a bad value is absurd.

Sorry - actually no I am not sorry for being so blunt.

Bob, I totally agree with you. In my years with Coastal I've met some very nice people who just don't get it, who can't market, who could not handle multiple systems or even create their own system.

It comes back to that old saying. "Some make things happen, some watch what happens and other wonder what happens". I'm simply saying that it's going to be tough for the folks who watch and wonder.

Those who make things happen will simply make a decision and move on, but it does make things a bit insecure if you have heard the rumors, but are not in the know.

Jay NaPier
  18. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I had a great discussion with a guy who was with the CSG Leadership, but has left as of when it became official that the CSG was going to be making a change.

Here's the thing in a nutshell. Succes is all about a PROVEN system. Now from time to time people create new systems and they test things. Some things work, others do not. I've done things that didn't work for my business and I changed my marketing. I did some things I learned from the CSG, some worked and some were just a waste.

In the GRAND scheme of things - Coastal is successful because it's a proven system. There are some great people here who have had success with several differen systems and then there are others who jump from system to system who are still looking.

Things change and have changed over the 14+ yaers that Coastal has been around. There have been new and exciting tools and vacations that have been added to the program.

This issue with CSG will not effect Coastal, but will effect those who've put their belief into the CSG. Some will feel betrayed as they've make investment after investment with the CSG. Some will see the leaders of the CSG for what they are. Some, will simply continue forward and not skip a beat.

Personally, I left the csg as I saw this coming. It's a power thing over anything else. Yea, the marketing will say one thing, but the people running the CSG like Power and Profits and the folks at Coastal are working to eliminate the lack of education that the CSG has tried to keep from CSG members.

In the end the CSG has created alot of political BS for many in Coastal. They've lied to their people and mis-informed them and NOW....they're destroying what they've created. Hey, I know there are some great people here on this forum and we'll all be able to help those who become abandoned.

For thos who don't know:

Monday-Wednesday Q and A call 11AM
    Monday-Thursday Q and A call 10PM
    Monday-Wednesday Noon Live Dial Training
    Tuesday at 2PM EST Business 2 Business training
    Wednesday 2PM EST Open Product Training
    Monday Night Directors Call 9PM

Tuesday Night New Associate Call 9PM EST

Wednesday Night Leve 2 and Level 3 call

Thursday Night Product Training Call 9PM

ALL OF THESE TRAINING AND Q AND A CALLS ARE AT: 620.294.3000 access code is 1103#

Jay NaPier
  19. asebf

asebf New Member

Adam - thanks for wanting to help. Couple of points - I am not a CSG person - I am not trying to beat up Jay.

I am very caustic and direct at times - I understand that. I hope Mr Napier understands that as well. Just because I disagree with him or anyone -- does not make me right - or them wrong.

I was wrong once - I believe it was in March of 1998.
  20. rhondap

rhondap New Member

The only thing i see with what Jay is saying about if you buy a CV package from a CSG member today you may be lost after the 1st of the year is because in order to become a released Director you must pass up your first two sales to your Director - this would be y question - what would these new people do who choose to stay with CV........I understand it is your own business to market and run as you please and you can plug into to Official system for training etc etc but you first need to become a released Director in order to purchase the package at wholesale to market and profit for yourself.