What was your first successful business or work from home Job? (Everyone Welcome)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by recruiter1, Aug 14, 2014.

?

How long did it take you to earn your first $1000 working from home?

This poll will close on Dec 14, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
  1. 0 - 1 Months

30.0%
  2. 1 - 2 Months

10.0%
  3. 2 - 3 Months

10.0%
  4. 3 - 4 Months

3.3%
  5. 5 - 6 Months

10.0%
  6. 7 - 8 Months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 8 - 9 Months

3.3%
  8. 9 - 10 Months

3.3%
  9. 11 - 12 Months

10.0%
  10. Not Yet but working in it

20.0%
  1. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Naked dating, for starters... ummm how can I put this.....adult "bed time" reading because it pays really well. I don't do that anymore since I have so many other clients and don't need it.

payment proof likes this.
  2. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Black mailing is wrong. If someone is a proven pedophile (as in guilty in a court of law), then you should report them and not black mail them or you are just as sick as they are and are condoning their disgusting behavior.

As far as perversion...well, what is fine for one person may not be fine for someone else. It doesn't make it a perversion. It makes it a difference in taste.

Locating spammers...again - just report them to your ISP. Do you really have time to chase bouncing IPs? You could use that time to build an actual business and make money.

When I started as a virtual paralegal, my start up was virtually nothing. I already had the education and the experience. Same with being a full time writer. I pay my Internet bill and my accountant. That's it. No up front fees of any sort. It's silly to think that you have to spend some huge amount of money to make money. Why not just examine your own strengths and start a profitable business? It took me less than six months with a lot of hard work to turn a really good profit.

Just2EZ likes this.
  3. Lorraine Pierce

Lorraine Pierce New Member

My First successful online business was and is my makeup company, LA Minerals. Launched it in September of 2007. Still going strong!
    My whole focus is e-commerce industry. It's a 300 billion dollar a year pie, so yes I will take a little slice of that :)

4. hugservant

hugservant New Member

My first successful business online is through facebook. I'm selling RTW's. It took me a while to build connection and reputation on facebook because people are quite hesitant to purchase through facebook.

5. melgirl

melgirl New Member

I started out with working for companies like West at Home and Westat. Branched out to starting my own websites and doing transcription work, now I dabble in drop shipping on eBay and I'm starting in on being an affiliate with Clickbank. I feel like I've done it all but what I really need to do is settle in on one and really focus on it!

6. bosslady2013

bosslady2013 New Member

My first company was Infinity Downline, I was making about $1500 a month. The only issue was duplication.

7. Carlleen

Carlleen New Member

My first successful at home business is my Arbonne business which I just started 6 weeks ago. I have done may things throughout the last few years looking for work that I can do at home, and this is the first one that I could see the results and income quickly. This was something that I never thought I would ever do, because I am not a person that can go around and do house parties (and I don’t because that’s not what you have to do in Arbonne), like a mary kay consultant, and I never liked network marketing. But the company I found is absolutely amazing, I am now spending less money on a better product and I just buy it from my own online shop, that’s it :) and I do well because I share it with others and my friends. It’s not something I’m embarrassed to speak about, because your not asking people to spend money they don’t have, all you show them is how to redirect money they are already spending into their own online shop.
    Some will say it’s a scam, because they don’t really put any work in, but hey if it is it’s a scam it’s one that’s definitely working for me lol.

BusinessIdeas likes this.
  8. We sold Metabolife in the 1990's. It made us a full-time income.

9. Carlleen

Carlleen New Member

Thanks for your reply. I don't so much market the products, because they sell themselves because of the quality, I market the business opportunity that Arbonne has :). It makes a much more profitable business.

10. Carlleen

Carlleen New Member

Your right it really does make a great income, and I am finding the people that don't have it work are the ones that quit because of discouragement and you will have ups and downs but the ups after ya keep going are so worth the downs ya go through :)

11. Rads To Riches

Rads To Riches New Member

I made my first $1000 selling T-Shirts to audiences on Facebook In February - This gave me the insight that:

1. It is entirely possible to make a LOT of money online
    2. Making money online can be very volatile and should be treated as any other type of business. Hard work = big rewards!

payment proof and Just2EZ like this.
  12. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome back,

No doubt about it, we have all been taken and misled when it comes to online get rich quick deals, so sorry to hear you got taken as well. Don't believe most people who claim to have gotten rich quick on all these slick video promotions the guru's just keep recycling. If you knew what I do, you would never look at any of these deals again.

Simply put, the all work together taking their lists and pumping out the latest scam, and people fall for the same scams over and over again not realizing they are all in this scam together. If you have followed them like I have, you will find mutual domain name ownership on sometimes a dozen different deals over a few years. Why, because there is an ass for every seat as my Dad you to preach to me.

Entrepreneurs are all going to get burned because they all know the risk factors, you win some, you lose some, but you never quit trying and never give up, that is the only thing you need to know, and I commend you for finally jumping back into the world of internet marketing. I went through similar experience, and got burned out a few times, but each time I learned more about finding success, so even when losing money on several deals, I have made up for it over time, so success is never giving up.

There are many good legitimate businesses out there, but none which are get rich quick, I look for only long term value oriented recession proof business opportunities for I learned the hard way the bad economy can take your income away overnight, happened to me in my traditional business several years back, and ever since, have been working online businesses only. I will write a book on my business journey at some point, but lesson number one, do not fall for the hype of get rich quick or any deal that shows you fake income statements, ask for 1099 of promoter and you will qualify the good, bad and ugly immediately. lol

Given your user name has auto in it, what type of auto related business are or were you in? Just curious, as I was once in auto lease and finance businesss, extended warranties, insurance, etc., so just curious as I am still an auto enthusiast and just took on new business just launching next week, may be a fit, and it is free, so check it out, it is a new to U.S. Protective NanoTechnology Ceramic Coatings company called CeraCoat. Simply sells itself, a first for many of us who hate selling and chasing friends and family. lol

Success to all,

13. Mazzini Auto

Mazzini Auto Member

What I used to do could be construed as racketeering by some. It seems to me that writing a crime novel would be a good idea, no? YAGOOFT, how would I get someone's 1099? They would not be willing to share that with anyone.

Like I said I've been thinking about invoice factoring or maybe building sites for companies that do that. Ideas are no good unless one actually acts.... as of now, I'm just learning from the BBS from different people who had success. I've quit this fatuous idea of promoting anything sold on clickbank since there's too much competition.

There are folks who make money with a brick and mortar business, e.g. clothing store, bookstore, drycleaners. A few are quite successful. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread as the old aphorism goes. And to answer your question Yagooft, I've sold cars [curbstoning] and made some money but it's not a good idea to sell them without a dealer's license.

14. Stayathomewow

Stayathomewow New Member

15. Stayathomewow

Stayathomewow New Member

Though I tried many work at home opps-Melaleuca-hey-lol My most successful by far was a home daycare I ran for 7 years. I loved the kids(my home schoolers had built in friends) and circle time was never incomplete like when you have 1 preschooler :) Good times

16. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Great post. :) Not all work at home positions have to be online.

17. MadeMoney

MadeMoney New Member

My first job that I make money at was on eBay selling shampoo

18. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

That's a great way to clean up. :)

19. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

I've still to earn those 1000$. I work for an online company for two months now, prior to that I used to work as a freelance graphic designer and a part time member of an NGO.

20. Carlleen

Carlleen New Member

Would you ever consider working with a network marketing company? I never thought I would but finding the right one is KEY!!