What work moms at home is best?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by seoguy2007, Oct 23, 2007.

1. seoguy2007

seoguy2007 New Member

I am doing a research and I wanna know which work at home for moms plans do you know is better?
  2. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

Do you mean what home businesses are best for work at home moms or what type of jobs are best?

I don't think there's really a "best" home business for moms, it's what your preference or interest is and then you make it work from there. Check out the signatures of members here, you'll find a ton of businesses.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you have small children, freelance writing and transcription is best
  4. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

I am a single mom to a 2 yr old. I also attachment parent, and it was very important to me to find something that would work for me with my lifestyle, so I could stay at home full time.

I tried several "home jobs" but found that getting set hours was really hard (my daugher is not a regular napper or sleeper- actually hasn't napped much in about 6 months and just recently became predicatable at bedtime). Not only that, but finding work where you weren't completely isolated, got paid fairly (if not well) and felt good about what I was doing was really hard.

I ended up doing research and starting a home based business. Its NOT for everyone, but I have done extremely well in just over a year.

I would recommend making a list of your hobbies, passions and goals- decide what it REALLY is that you want and love. Then go out and get it! Really, in anything- follow your heart. Yes, I understand that there is bills to pay- but figure out where your passion is and even if you do something "less then ideal" to pay the bills in the meantime, keep looking forward and reaching for what it is that you will really love and find fulfilling. The rest will fall into place soon after that!

To your SUCCESS!

Jani
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: matiasmommy would recommend making a list of your hobbies, passions and goals- decide what it REALLY is that you want and love.
    For any business, your interest is very important
  6. tamc1968

tamc1968 New Member

Good morning! Here is a list of things that you should look for before deciding on a home business. I hope this helps.
    1.) Find something that excites you! Your heart needs to be in it or shortly you won't be!
    2.) Do your homework. After finding the type of business that you like, search message boards for any good or bad reviews, talk to someone already in it or call the Better Business Bureau. What kind of training do they provide? Would you bring the owners of this company home to meet mom? Is it a marketable product or service? Who are your competitors? How does this product compare in price and/or uniqueness and/or quality?
    3.)Think! Is this something YOU can see yourself talking to other people about? Is it something you feel good about? Is this something new to your area?
    4.) What are your expenses for advertising? shipping? office supplies,etc?
    Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. Good luck
    Tam
  7. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I am a work-at-home mom of 3. The best advice I can give is to research some of the businesses you see on this forum. There are some very good businesses on the forum and if you will just read some of the signature lines you would be able to check out the ones that interest you. You definitely have to find something that you feel would work for you. Just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it will for you. If it is something you are not interested in at all you will lost interest very quickly. So just keep doing you due diligence and check out the signature lines and keep us posted what you decide to do.

Blessings to you,
    Becky West
  8. SQ625

SQ625 New Member

It depends if you are trying to make a lot of money or just some extra cash. Affiliate marketing can give a full time income but the learning curve is quite steep (it can take several months before you become good enough to turn a profit).
  9. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

Good question. Also, very many good answers and advice.

Earlier, I was reading post to another topic and I posted there, also. I think what was said there applies to this topic, too. I'll quote that post but I'll remove any referance to the business I was posting about:

Ok, after reading just the last page of posts about this company, I started doing a little research on the company. It took me probably less than 5 minutes to know that in no way would I want to be associated with a company with what I found.

I'm sure I could find much more if I wanted to take the time to, but there's no need for me to search any further.

My I also recommend that when you are looking for a legitimate, honest, and ethical company that you start with at least this basic research. I looked at many companies in the past 20 years and did not decide to do any of them until I ran across the one I am associated with now. After I did my research on that company, and believe me, I actually tried to find a negative and I couldn't, I started my home based business with them...and I still couldn't be any happier...as matter of fact, I like it more and more every day.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get on my soap box. I tend to ramble on. So. here's the research I did on THE COMPANY. You can go to the same places online and see the exact same information I did.

1) I looked brierly at their web site and couldn't fine a physical address for the company.
    2) I searched for THE COMPANY on Google and found the site THE COMPANY dot com. Then I went to their site and from waht I saw, I was resonably sure it was the company being posted about here.
    3) I looked up the company on the Better Business Bureau site and saw all the complaints they have registered for the company.
    4) And of course i read a few of the posts here.

Oh, I almost forgot,
    5) I searched for who the domain belongs to on whois dot com and it is not registed publicly, which means the company does not want us to know who the domain belongs to.

So, when you think you've found the RIGHT company for you...please, please, please do you research.

Regards,

Mike Pressnell
    [email protected]
    Huntsville, Alabama, USA
  10. samda

samda Member

The best one for moms are ad posting and typing. They can also join PTC sites that can give upto $5 to view ads for 30 seconds.
  11. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member

A lot of moms do transcription at home, quite a few do, actually.
  12. wealthymarket

wealthymarket New Member

I'm not a mom, but I may have a thing or two to say here. [​IMG]

I have looked into many transcription things myself, but there is often a few hundred dollar fee for the software (from what I've found). My wife was looking into doing that for awhile, but decided against it when she saw the type of work she was going to have to do (40 hours of typing a week for a small income was just not for her [​IMG] lol).

What I would recommend is start with something affordable. There are TONS of work at home opportunities. Don't go for the ones that cost hundreds or thousands upfront with monthly fees. I have been online for 2-3 years and was still able to give my wife a very nice wedding and honeymoon in 3 other countries that we have always wanted to see, and I didn't need expensive programs to make it happen. [​IMG]

Big thing, in my mind, is to find a good team to work with. If you are part of a good and successful team, you will be able to be successful. If you are all out there by yourself, it will be very challenging to make it happen (believe me, I know...I fended for myself for a long time before finding a strong team [​IMG]). Just some thoughts to consider as you're looking around. [​IMG] Good luck!!! :-D
  13. wealthymarket

wealthymarket New Member

Wait a minute, samueldarwin, are you saying you're earning $5 for a 30 second click at clixsense? I've been a member there for a long time and have never seen higher than a 5 cent click...did you mis-type something in your signature?
  14. kyrash

kyrash New Member

First thing to note in seeking a work from opportunity is that there is no free lunch. You must be ready to either put in a lot of effort or spend some money to make things a bit more automated. But the good thing is that you dont need to put a hole in your pocket to start off.

I have tried a few that have worked for me well and i have listed the top five that i use. see my signature
  15. Money4Mommy

Money4Mommy New Member

I have had great success doing data entry from home. It pays very well and the hours are totally flexible. I worked for a local company and made about $14 - $18 per hour.
  16. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: Money4MommyI have had great success doing data entry from home. It pays very well and the hours are totally flexible. I worked for a local company and made about $14 - $18 per hour.
    Was it general data entry, or were some special skills needed?
  17. Money4Mommy

Money4Mommy New Member

Quoting: pcworkWas it general data entry, or were some special skills needed?

As far as I know I don't have any special skills, lol. It was basically entering information from paper surveys into the computer program so the data could be recorded and calculated. It was very simple work that paid 75 cents per survey entered.
  18. Richie_N

Richie_N New Member

I'm not to familiar with this area, but do moms that work at home ever try making supplemental income through some form of online program, such as contributing content and getting paid for it? Some examples would be like associated content, helium, or maybe the site I'm representing, eHow. I always think it's kind of handy making some extra money on the side. If anyone has any questions about eHow.com, feel free to ask me and I'll answer as best as I can.
  19. jeannine05

jeannine05 New Member

Check out several different at home jobs and pick a few that interest you and ones that will keep you motivated. I always liked to travel so I did alot of research before I start with the one's I have. But you need to do what interest you every ones different.
    Good Luck
  20. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member

I have looked into many transcription things myself, but there is often a few hundred dollar fee for the software (from what I've found). My wife was looking into doing that for awhile, but decided against it when she saw the type of work she was going to have to do (40 hours of typing a week for a small income was just not for her

No, there is no large fee for the software. You can use Express Scribe, which is totally free off the web. A foot pedal is optional and only costs about $60 if you want to use one.

And, I only transcribe 5 hours per day and make a very comfortable living doing it.

Not sure where you got your info, but it isn't accurate.