What would you do with free leads?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Jan 21, 2008.

1. twnuck

twnuck New Member

Not a really big fan of "free" leads or bulk clicks for pennies, etc. In my experience you get what you pay for.

At first, you pay in dollars by paying directly for good lead resources where it costs .50 to $1.00+ for a lead. This should be your short term strategy

Then, if you are doing it right you pay with your time too because you should be blogging, writing articles, etc. This should be your long term strategy where you actually do get free leads (in terms of money) but you "paid" for them with sweat equity.

I think a great strategy is a combination of both - pay for some, generate more on your own and keep at it in perpetuity.
  2. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I have to agree with some points but disagree with others. See many of us in Coastal Vacations used to buy leads from the lead vendor companies that would cost up to $10 a piece. Many of the leads were just given incentives to fill in their info. Im a huge fan of creating your own leads. I do that by blogging as well as posting articles, going on forums and posting my own lead capture pages. Recently ive gained a bunch of leads by offering free leads. Ive got a list of over 100 in the last days doing just that. Another great avenue is to give out a free tool. You can really make a safelist that way.

I am a big fan of free leads though. You see it really depends what business you are in. In travel you have a product everyone likes so when you get on the phone its as easy as asking how much they paid for their last vacations and giving them an example of the saving you can get them. You see everyone is our customer so we have an advantage. Another advantage of free leads is it gives a new person alot of practice at no cost. Id hate to have a new person pay $10 a lead only to not do well with them and quit because of lack of funds. You see free leads serve a purpose.

If you want some free lead then take a look at my link and if you are interested in 25 survey leads and 2000 opt in leads a day then drop me a line I have a soultion for that as well. Free leads go well with any program.

Adam Frederick
    Internet Entrepreneur
    302 613 4632
  3. victorious

victorious New Member

It depends if the lead is a TRAVEL lead or a BIZ OPP lead. Cheap leads, we have our assistant sort them out or if not we'd be on the phones day and night and making no money.

For someone who is doing it by himself, I'd recommend a more qualified lead that has at least expressed that he has or can find the money to start.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029
  4. grnwealth

grnwealth New Member

With my business I have created an amazing sales letter that I send out Direct Mail to those in my industry that KNOW the product I am offering is the perfect downsell for their customers. It has been working like a charm. It is so refreshing to have a business oppty where I can go out there and sell the product retail. People just aren't buying it due to the business oppty attached to it. To be successful in this industry over the long term you must have a stand alone product that will sell and continue to sell without the biz oppty attached to it. But again organic leads are the way to go. Create your own leads whether through ezines or newsletters. It is not hard if you just do the work. All the best
  5. victorious

victorious New Member

We create our own leads AND buy leads too. The combination works great. We must notice there are only 10 spots on the first page of any search engine, and with to many competing sites not everybody can get on top of the search engines organically, although pay-per-click is there if you have the budget for it.

For those who haven't got on top, buying qualified leads is a great way to get started and produce an income.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029