What would you say to someone.....

Discussion in 'Global Resorts Network' started by nemo, Jun 20, 2008.

1. nemo

nemo New Member

....who said that they joined Global because they wanted to go to London on holiday because on Global Resorts there is not any where to stay even remotely near London, one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world? regards Nemo.

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

That doesn't make sense - joining Global Resorts Network to go to London even though they know that there are no hotels affiliated with GRN in London? Doesn't sound very logical to me. Of course, when I think of the word "resort", I think of a tropical destination like the Caribbean - London just doesn't seem very "resort like", so I wouldn't be totally shocked if GRN doesn't have an hotels that are affiliated with them tin London.

3. nemo

nemo New Member

Well London is one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world and with respect but using your logic (no offence meant) why would Global Resorts offer hotels in Paris and other Capital Cities? regards Nemo.

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I think it would benefit GRN to offer hotels at any tourist attractions providing the accommodations are decent - your original post seemed to indicate that they did not offer hotels in London.

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

nemo,

Without knowing much about the industry, it's possible that they:

- Can't compete
    - They aren't "big" enough to be allowed to compete
    - They haven't gotten around to establishing the proper connections
    - Perhaps they may have been blacklisted

Understand that these are black box guesses. I am purely guessing at potential reasons.

~Newbie Shield~

6. nemo

nemo New Member

Well I have travelled quite a lot in my life and this is the first time that I have seen a travel promotion company that cannot offer accomadation within 50 of London (the Olympic games is in London quite soon)!!! London is among the top tourist destinations in the world and not to have it in the Global Registry is very dissapointing indeed. I would certainly appreciate a few comments from some of the GRN agents on this topic? (the silence is deafing) regards Nemo

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

nemo: the silence is deafing

- I just love this forum - I come here to hang out and see what is stirring and am never disappointed...[​IMG]

I have had several GRN people approach me about their business so I'll try to remember to ask next time...

8. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Here is what I would say. Sorry but we don't have anything in our registry right now for London. We do have several other destinations in England but not London. We do have a booking engine that will allow you to book hotels in London. But, if you are looking to join GRN just for getting a trip to London that I would recommend against it.

One thing to note is that no Travel membership is perfect. But, GRN is about as perfect as you can get when compared to others.

9. nemo

nemo New Member

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Harold. Much appreciated. But would you really tell people that before they joined?. I was not trying to be critical of Global it is just that I was very impressed with the plan intially and giving it serious consideration and then when I saw the list of places on offer I was very dissapointed. I do spend quite a bit of time in Las Vegas, Reno and Tahoe and even there I never saw any of the big names like MLM, Pyramid, New York New York mentioned, not even Circus Circus or the Excalibur, (nothing on the strip at all) the same goes for Reno and Tahoe. I guess that you get what you pay for, anyway thanks again for your comments regards Nemo.

10. asebf

asebf New Member

Nemo,

Yes Harold would. He is as upfront a guy as they come. I am not in GRN - or Coastal etc. However, like you I have had the chance to visit many places.

Personally, if I could stay in Vegas for 3 something / week, I could care less if it was actually at Circus Circus et al. I am a cheap azz fella, and for just a comfortable place to sleep - cause when there being in the room is the last place you want to be - being 2- 3 blocks away is just not worth the price of admission.

Just my 2 cents. By the way, did you know that once you are a GRN member, you can refer 3-4 people PER YEAR, and then your 3-4 weeks vacation(s) per year is(are) virtually free?

Bob

11. nemo

nemo New Member

Thanks Bob, would you mind just explaining that last sentence to me step by step? (regading refering 3/4 people a year bit I mean) I am not quite sure exactly what you meant (yes I know that I am a bit thick, sorry) regards Nemo

12. asebf

asebf New Member

I'll let Harold answer this because I am not a GRN member and I might not get it right. Thick? [​IMG] Nah, you just need to see the whole picture.

13. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I would tell someone resorts is the key word here. But with that said if you don't see something in the back office you want or you cant find a location you can easily email customer service with your desires and they will work with you to help you find something agreeable.

The best part about GRN is they are above board and both GRN corporate customer service and GCR customer service is there to answer the phone. No travel product will be perfect but this one has the most features and opportunity to use than any other product out there.

14. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Sorry for the delay in answering, Bob. My family went to Carolina Beach to visit my sister for a few days. I got back last night.

I think what Bob is saying about the referral is the commissions you would make as a member would easily pay for the cost of the trips themselves. With a minimum of $500 per referral that would be $2,000 which would get you a lot of time in a several different resorts through GRN.[​IMG]

15. Wanderlust

Wanderlust New Member

I have a co worker of mine whom I told about the product and she seemed very interested specially in preparation for her trip to Paris this September. She came to me last week and told me she would buy the platinum membership if she could get a week in Paris for this September. So I first searched the directory, found nothing. I remembered seeing not that long ago an hotel in Paris being listed, so I emailed Customer Service about whether this hotel had any availability for September and they answered me no.

Then, they suggested I should request via with the search option a resort/hotel in Paris, France and that the booking department of GRN would contact directly the provider to see if they have anything available for the dates mentioned. Then I tell them it's for a friend who wants to buy the membership but before buying, they want to ensure that there is availability at that time in Paris. And that's where I felt that GRN or rather GCR let me down by refusing flatly to even check for a person who was/is willing to buy the membership!!!

Has anyone had a similar experience before?

16. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I think in situations like that you need to look at it from GCR's point of view. They don't have a gurantee that the person will buy the membership and they probably feel like they should spend their time with current members booking their requests. I totally understand why they would be reluctant to do this because if they did it for one then they would be doing it for everyone and the actual members would suffer for it. Could you simply book the trip as a guest week. That might eliminate the problem of her not being a member.

17. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

Not every product will suffice everyone out there. The GRN product is a great overall product but it is not for everyone. Show them the value in the other locations.

18. Wanderlust

Wanderlust New Member

Harold, I can understand the reason behind GCR's decision to refuse to check availability, but here, this is someone who is willing to buy the membership provided there is something available in Paris for her dates in September. Of course between paying about 800 Euros or $600 for a week in Paris, there's no comparaison at all, GRN wins it hands down.

I tried to also book for her a week as a guest week but there's nothing availabe in Paris at that time neither.

Chris, how's going?
    I have been showing her the value of the product with the great options available elsewhere, specially in Mexico as she's Mexican. I'm sure I'll eventually get the sale from her, but with a little bit of assistance from GCR, I would have already had this sale by now.

Btw Harold, how's the call centre doing? Are you getting any concrete results with it (ie sales and proper follow up and closing from the staff at the call centre?) I'm considering signing up for it. So it would be $995 up front + 50 bucks a month? is that correct?

Thanks.

19. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

That is correct Wanderlust. Things are going well. The call center is keeping up it's great results as it has for 3 years now. I think I heard one of the guys saying they have made over 100 sales in the last couple of months. I'll try to find the quote on that.

20. mentoru2success

mentoru2success New Member

The call center is great. They had a great success rate with Coastal.