What's the best way to get traffic to your website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by srama3, Feb 14, 2009.

1. srama3

srama3 New Member

Hi,
    I am looking for methods of getting at least 50+ people to my website everyday.

I am looking for a method that is free or relatively cheap and quick to implement.

Thank you

2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Srama3,

You are looking for 50+ visitors per day, but what kind of visitors? There's a very important distinction between visitors and targeted, interested visitors.

The usual quick and cheap methods are traffic exchanges. Those are places where you can pick up 50+ visitors per day pretty easily, but they are almost always people who are not at all interested in what your site is about and only stay there for a required 15 seconds. That's actually worse than useless.

I suspect you want 50+ visitors who are looking for whatever it is your site is about. [​IMG]

The number one best way to get that kind of targeted traffic is to do some keyword research and find out what phrases searchers are using to find information about your particular topic. Then write good quality content on those phrases.

No, it isn't necessarily quick and easy, but it is the most effective in the long term.

You can do a few free and quick things that will help a bit, like provide good quality answers to questions at Yahoo Answers and leave a link to your site in the source box. I'd only suggest doing a few of those per day, because it is easy to get your account banned if you seem to be "spamming."

You can write articles relating to your site topic and submit them to places like ezinearticles, etc. Good articles will generate a few extra visitors per day (more, depending on the niche).

Well, those are a couple of ideas to get you started. "Free, cheap, and quick" are words that don't really go together well with building an online income.

Usually "free and cheap" pair up better with "slow and long haul." [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie

AnneSamantha likes this.
  3. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

If you're only looking for cheap, quick traffic to your site than traffic exchanges will accomplish both. However, as Happywife stated, cheap and quick usually don't add up to quality. In order to build a successful business it takes time and effort.

4. coffee

coffee New Member

- buy google ads
    - advertise on free sites like craig's list and kijiji

It will take time generate traffic.

5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello srama3,
    It is nice to meet you.

I suggest going to Social Media Daily and download the free report.
    I am not an affiliate in any way, but truly feel this is an awesome free resource.

I have posted this in the Wealthy Affiliate forum, and everyone really likes it.

Basically, it offers ways to build back links, and you can work on this a little at a time, which is always the better way to go.

I hope this helps,
    Victoria

P.S. Write articles, using EZine's etc rank for quality links too.
    I also use Hub Pages, US Free Ads, Go Articles to name a few.
    Just write on topic and link to your site.
    Always read the terms, especially with Hub Pages and EZine.

6. srama3

srama3 New Member

Ok thanks, I'll take all of this into consideration[​IMG]

7. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I do article marketing mostly and Yahoo Answers sometimes. If they trust your answer they will trust your link.
    Sonni

8. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Hello srama3

I think that Angie (happywife) hit the nail on the head!

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the key.

Research key phrases related to your site. Optimize your site for those keyword phrases. Put in the time and effort to get organic traffic from the search engines.

SEO can be complicated, but basic strategies are fairly easy to get a handle on. There's tons of sites on the net with SEO strategy info and probably quite a few members of the forum with SEO info sites.

Doing your own SEO is free and the most effective long term site traffic generator.

9. TerryAllison

TerryAllison New Member

Hi Srama3,

Yes, you need to be search engine optimized. You will have to decide what keywords that you want to go after. You will then need to get a domain. It will be best if you can name your domain with the keyword that you are wanting to go after. Once you do this, promote your domain, and stop directly promoting your affiliate site.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Terry

10. I use Classified Ads along with many other methods with great success.

Classified ads are free and they bring me a lot of traffic.

11. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

I personally would post classified ads on many different sites! If you do this on say about 10 different classified ad sites, you could easily draw around 50 visitors per day!

Some free classified ad sites include:

usfreeads.com
    craigslist.com
    kijiji.com
    stumbleupon.com

For more examples just type in classified ads in search bar on google! I use the classified ad method to draw steady FREE traffic to my sites!

Hope this helps!

12. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Id say the best way to generate traffic to your site is to offer something that people or marketers need. In my search to find more experienced marketers to partner up with ive begun to offer free tools on landing/capture/squeeze pages.

By offering free tools or anything free the amount of traffic I generate has increased dramatically. In addition I use traffic exchange and have begun to write articles. Another method I havent see posted here is to ask for referrals. If you have a happy customers most of the time they are willing to give you some word of mouth advertising especially if you sweetent the pot on their next deal with you.

[Post edited - Admin]

13. Loomis

Loomis New Member

I use social networking like digg, mybloglog, blogcatalog, Reddit, Stumbleupon, to get quick visitors to my blog.

14. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi srama3,

You can pay a high traffic blog to review your site but it won't be as cheap as you might like. It'll cost $300 or more.

I agree with HappyWife and Philip. SEO is the best method but it isn't quick unless you are already well established.

I agree with Sonni that Yahoo Answers can send quite a bit of traffic immediately. Unfortunately, it doesn't usually convert well.

I agree with Coffee. You can pay for PPC. It isn't usually cheap unless you really know what you are doing and knowing it well takes a lot of time. It'll cost you dearly if you don't know what you are doing.

Additionally, I think that Squidoo might be what you're looking for. To drive the traffic to your main site, include links from your bios, lensmaster page, and on your lenses leading to your main site.

Quick and cheap aren't worth it. Slow and steady wins the race. Take the time to learn and then do it right or don't bother. Good traffic and good conversions (thus, good income) take time and a lot of constant effort. It's worth it to take the proper amount of time and to put in a good deal of effort.

~Newbie Shield~

15. getlostboss

getlostboss New Member

If you are looking to get that many visitor per day it is in my opinion you must do several marketing startegies at once and be consistent with your efforts.

I schedule all my traffic generating activities on my calendar so that when it times I stop and do what needs to be done. You can use a free organizer are a full fledge contact management system to do this. Create a plan an then implement it.

-craigslist
    -yahoo answers
    -backpage
    -social bookmarking
    -social sites like facebook,twitter, myspace, etc
    -ppc
    -your own blog
    -commenting on blogs in your niche
    -traffic exchanges
    -list builders
    -squidoo and hub pages
    -purchase leads for business opportunity
    -etc

Pick a few and learn how to maximize your results and keep adding more to the mix until all your time slots are filled. Remember to schedule time for lunch, breaks, and other activities that you need to accomplish on a daily basis.

thanks,

Lonnie

16. srama3

srama3 New Member

Any particular way you schedule your time table?

17. rubsync

rubsync New Member

to reach your goals for your website you must work hard on it and have patience... apply those SEO strategies you have in mind

18. srama3

srama3 New Member

Thanks for the posts everybody.
    I have one question to ask.
    Whenever I write keyword articles, I put them through the google keyword tool to see what keywords come up and none of my keywords ever do. I include keywords about once every 100 words and in the title. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong, or is the keyword tool wrong perhaps?

19. thebart

thebart New Member

GetLostBoss has a great post. Pick 2 or 3 ( Articles, Blog, Forums are mine) methods and just own it. When I first started, it was very easy to track with more effort, more traffic was recieved. Drive your marketing strategies and evaluate frequently. Dont be afraid to adapt and improve.

20. srama3

srama3 New Member

Hey everyone,
    I was wondering what exactly the traffic machines do? Are they any good, and if they are, which one would you recommend?

srama3[​IMG]