What's the best way to get traffic to your website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by srama3, Feb 14, 2009.

1. aron23

aron23 New Member

If you are a new site, it can be difficult to go after popular keywords right away. I find it better to write many quality articles on very specific keywords than to go after the ones with more search traffic.

2. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Without leads and building a list, you will not be able to generate much traffic to your site no matter how good your products or services are that you are selling. It is like having a billboard in the middle of desert, nobody will see it, and the same holds true for any website, no traffic, no sales, no sales, no income.

Good luck to all,

3. Aaliya Thunder

Aaliya Thunder New Member

Free Traffic sounds like a dream, a dream called SEO.

Although it is possible to generate traffic for free, it is time consuming and tedious. It would be far easier to pay for traffic than to generate it by hand. But there is one method to traffic generation, and that is finding where your target audience congregates and then engaging them.

So blogs and forums are a good place to start.

For example,
    I am seeking to generate traffic to an Internet Marketing blog that I really love, therefore I did a search on Google for "Work from home Forums" and that is how I ended up becoming a member of this forum!

And as you can, almost everyone is using the signature to place Links to back to whatever website they desire traffic for. Although this method is not as effective as paid advertising, It is very effective. People are generating traffic to their web-source but it is not FREE simply because you are spending time and money which actually are more valuable than dollars.

Dollars can be regained, time and effort cannot.

So to RECAP:

In order to generate Traffic, find where your audience hangs out -- and then engage them. But be prepared to spend a LOT of time engaging them in order to get relatively good results.

I would suggest that you consider what you are getting out of them visiting your website, ensure that it is WORTH the time and effort that must be placed within your Traffic Campaign.

4. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

5. Vidal

Vidal New Member

Hello All,

This is a great topic, because there are so many traffic programs out there which is the best one? If anyone here knows of one with success please let us all know. Happywife is correct, the keyword research is the key. You here to get targeted traffic, which is so true but one thing I have seen is to research what is called traffic that will buy. For example, let's just say you are promoting a home based business program. Try and find keywords that relate to this like buy a home based business program. This way the traffic you receive their mentality is already to buy. Of course, not everyone will buy but at least you are really using targeted keywords to give you the best possible chance of a sale.

6. Brandon Lukas

Brandon Lukas New Member

With Google preparing their next major pimp slap and what some of my SEO gurus have been sharing with me is that, you need to stay consistent and be consistently writing quality content.

Also social media is a big one.. Make sure you have a routine or use a paid service like only wire to submit at one spot and syndicate it everywhere else, that way you don't have to login to each social site to share a quick snippet of your blog post, link, and title.

Another thing, I don't know why people over complicate keyword research and blogging so much!

Find a pocket of people you want to market to.

Example:
    Fat loss

Ok so who all can benefit from losing fat? Overweight people? Moms that just had a baby? People that like the biggest loser?

See where I'm going? So just come up with some ideas type them in google, then scroll to the bottom and check out the results. Copy each one and go into google keyword planner or a paid tool like longtail pro (what I use) and check out the search volume and figure out what is ranking for it on the first page.

I recommend either A. Rewrite or create whats ranking at the top, is it a video? Slideshare? Forum post? And do that.

Or

B. Just do a blog post on your own site, and start sharing everywhere!

Any questions just ask me, I'm here to help!

payment proof likes this.
  7. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Video marketing is a strategy that may be the best one to get targeted traffic to your website.

As you upload and promote more and more videos, your target audience will look forward to your latest and greatest offerings. Having numerous videos online also increases your exposure and the awareness of your brand.