What's up with clickbank lately?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by makemoneyonline, Oct 29, 2008.

1. makemoneyonline New Member

Anyone notice a huge drop in sales within the last few weeks..around the same time that they introduced a new currency converter on the checkout page? Maybe it is just the economy, but others have said that it is probably some technical problem clickbank is having. Any ideas?
  2. pcwork New Member

Sometimes they release all sales together
  3. opendomain New Member

I"m sort of new to clickbank but my initial take of it was that it sucked. Then I tried something new and sales shot through the roof, over the last say 2 weeks sales have dropped in a rather sharp turn while my traffic and hops have remained at about the same level. So maybe my site monetization is all wrong or maybe there is something more to it.?

I'd be very interested in knowing if anyone else is having a sales decrease.
  4. makemoneyonline New Member

Can I ask what you tried instead of clickbank?
  5. happywife Gold Member

Hmm. I'd be interested in hearing what change you made that brought a jump in sales, too. [IMG]
  6. opendomain New Member

Well it was more new in regards to my project not anything new in regards to affiliate marketing[IMG] I hit upon a few really good keywords that noone in my niche was really touching yet, so it helped tons I was 1-3 spot on google for some good stuff.

Again still the traffic is not corelating to the purchases. I had a few sales overnight with a large increase in traffic as a few of my articles were published yesteerday and hit google today and last night. But still for the same organic traffic I was getting really good sales from a few weeks back i'm not seeing the same turnout in sales that I expected for the large increase in traffic. Maybe i'll give it a little more time.
  7. Thom01 New Member

Anyone notice a huge drop in sales within the last few weeks..

Yes. I've been noticing a drop in traffic and also a corresponding drop in sales. So far, without any other possibilities presenting themselves, I've written it off in general to the drop in worldwide economic interest.

This is in stark contrast to just three weeks prior when my sales and traffic were at normal levels. The whole month of October has been a bust.
  8. happywife Gold Member

Thanks opendomain,

It is great when you can find some un-mined keywords to tap into.

I have had a significant increase in traffic this month to all my sites, so I'm pleased with that, but still curious about the low conversion rates I get. I generally have never really had high conversion rates. I just always figured that I wasn't that great at preselling. [IMG]

Funnily enough, I noticed something I thought was a bid odd on my newest site not long ago. In September I added a dozen pages on a topic and recommended an affiliate product (hardgoods) and BAM made several sales almost immediately. Since then - no more for that product.

Then at the beginning of this month, I added an affiliate ebook (Clickbank) to some high traffic pages on that same site. Again BAM first couple of days I made a few sales. Since then - no more for that product. The traffic has gone up, not down.

I find it all very strange, but I just keep plodding along. Fortunately, my Adsense income has increased right along with my traffic so that's a plus. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. opendomain New Member

Yeah i find that odd as well and know exactly what you mean. My newest pages continue to produce while previously producing pages no longer do so.

I was affraid my affiliate links were being hijacked or somethign so I switched them all through tinyurl.com and still haven't noticed a change in sales on old pages vs. new once.

I can see the clickthroughs on my statcounter as them clicking on my tiny url and I even see the reports in clickbank showing them arriving so now I know that people are getting to my site then clicking through and getting to the page I want...the question is the lack of converison?
  10. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Know what you're fishing for. After you've done your market research, just give 'em what they're looking for.

Put yourself in the shoes of your visitor. Do your metrics and tweak but above all, provide value on every page you create.

Learn to tune into your gut and to trust it.

Don't sweat the details. Traffic and conversions come and go - they vary for various reasons over time.

Play for the long term. Take advantage of trends but understand that they are temporary. Build a lasting empire. Intentional link strategies are good but link-worthy content is royalty.

Short term strategies rock your bank account for a short while but timeless content is the ultimate king - it's guaranteed to last.

Do what ever it takes to put your mind at rest. Peace is sorely underrated. Do all the sexy stuff, but rely on quality content to deliver maximum ROI over the long run.

Sculpted back links are fine and dandy but nothing compares to rockin' content that is link-worthy or buzz-worthy.

Just think value. That's the main thing.

~Newbie Shield~
  11. Twrestler07 New Member

So i just started gettin into the work at home stuff. you all agree that clickbank is in a slump...would you reccommend another online banking system like paydot, ect... for the time being? again i'm kinda a new to this
  12. cupbucket New Member

Probably just a glitch, dont let fear drive to not do business. That is what really causes economic crises; when everyone gets scared. Just Keep on going strong!
  13. BlueJ33 New Member

What I heard is that essentially there was some sort of problem with spyware on Clickbank and the long and short of it is that IE6 users could not successfully make purchases via affiliate links. This would certainly account for the fact that you've seen sales decrease sharply without seeing traffic really decrease, because a big chunk of web users out there use IE6.
  14. Hemjoe New Member

How annoying.... thats all I have to say, grrrrrrrr