What's your favorite craiglist poster?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Don Mega, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Don Mega

Don Mega New Member

I'm looking to do some marketing on craigslist and wanted to know what are the best posters for not getting all of your post's flagged is there any technique that you would advise?
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

If you are posting about your work at home biz - you wil need to stay in the 'services> small biz' area and then only post a few ads a day.

I am not using Craigslist at this point but when I was, that was how I got the least flags...i would go in every day and post a few ads - they do have to be a bit different, too... not just the same ad every day in the same area....

Good luck~ [​IMG]
  3. knutesacto

knutesacto New Member

AdMaster from Living Easy Software is a very good poster. One of the best features is that there are several ways to generate unique ads with AdMaster. But, it must be said that it's more challenging to post ads on Craigslist than it used to be, say only 4-5 months ago. Also, in order to place more than just a handful number of ads per day, you will need to be able to change your IP address. Still, it's worth the effort.
  4. cg4ksu

cg4ksu New Member

Does anyone know the secret to finding out if your post is being ghosted?

I used to think it was just "craigslist hosted images" but I have found some ads that had this but still didn't show up.
  5. Claire

Claire New Member

What does that mean, being ghosted?
  6. IMCopywriter

IMCopywriter New Member

Being ghosted is cl's way of not displaying ads that violate terms of use. Instead of outright rejecting the ads, cl simply catches them in an algorithm that they use. They don't tell you that the ad was rejected, you just have to go back to the category after 15-20 minutes and see if it shows up.

Some important items to remember -

1. mlm and affiliate offers are prohibited.
    2. third party posters and posting software is prohibited
    3. Only post locally
    4. Businesses (even kitchen table wahms) must post in services, even if you are selling a product.
    5. Only 1 post per topic.

Good Luck!

Jenna
  7. gabrysiak

gabrysiak New Member

Good tips so far I really like this forum.
  8. dlozen

dlozen New Member

Here are a couple of rules that will keep you perking on Craig's list.

1. DO NOT POST ADS IN DIFFERENT CITIES. Pick one and stick with it. Otherwise you will be summarily deleted. I got banned 3 times before I figured out what I was doing wrong.

2. Read Craig
    s Lists rules for using the service. If you get dropped there is NO appeal. and unless you have several email address and telephone numbers for verification you will never get back on the list. Termination is FOREVER.