Wheelchair Bound Looking for WAH Job...Not Internet Business

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sybil318, Jul 22, 2010.

1. sybil318 New Member

I have signed up for West but the other services I have applied for have never, ever responded. Due to a car accident in which I lost both my legs it is hard for family and friends to transport me to work everyday and I can't yet afford a special van. Working at home is my only option at this point and I'm very frustrated with scams and places that never contact me. Thanks for any help.
  2. annalaurab New Member

This is a tough one because the reality is that there really are not many if any legitimate work from home jobs. If you want to work from home and make any decent money you really do have to do your own business. Unless you have a lot of web design and programming skills and then you can get free lance jobs from sites that let you bid for these kinds of jobs.
  3. sarauk New Member

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about your accident. There are many legitimate work, depend what you are looking for. If you are looking for customer service paid job from home, then you have few options, there is Arise, and TeleTech both are legitimate company. Check this forum Arise has been discussed here before, and TeleTech I personally applied to them in the past, and wrote about them here, you can Google both companies.

If you are looking to work as affiliate, it can be rewarding but it requires time and hard work, and in most cases you need to spend money for tools. It can also be learned for free but it is not fast get money scheme.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do, this forum has many helpful posters which will help you whenever you need it.
  4. KB24 Member

have a look at this website: workathomenoscams.com
  5. Rach72 New Member

Have you looked at eLance.com or oDesk.com?

These both usually have a steady stream of work available for things like writing articles, programming, marketing, admin stuff.....

I'm not sure about the other services, but a writer with a good reputation on eLance can earn $10-15 per article. Mundane, but money.
  6. winlin New Member

It sounds as if you have a need and an agenda; Two key components to success...

I would recommend signing up to several forums that discuss home based business and work opportunities as soon as possible. Get as active in the discussions as you can, even if that means simply asking a lot of questions. "They will let you know what is real and what is not"

It's important to get acclimated with the culture of home based work ASAP, especially since it sounds as this is all very new to you.

If you search enough, my guess is you can also locate a group that has experienced what you are going through. How much help would that be? You may even try groups of disabled veterans for real discussions on how to work through your new set of circumstances.

While you are doing this I would take a personal inventory of what your core competencies are... Writing, Graphics, Site Development, Presentation, phone work, etc. That's assuming you are going to be working in an Internet based business.

I won't go on forever about online work , because this may or may not even be where your strengths are.

My second thought is get on the telephone and begin calling every business in your area, explaining to them what your situation is and discussing what you may be able to do from home for them. Possibly it's light assembly work (table top), packaging rework, scheduling, planning, organizing, sign painting... whatever.

You will likely have to make a lot of calls and many of the people you talk to will not have an opportunity or will not want to get involved. Even though I would suggest you try to engage them in conversation, because they may give you a connection or a brilliant idea. Make them work for you a little bit even if you don't get to work for them... Ask them straight out.. if they can't help do they know of someone who might be able to?

Keep a note pad handy, write everything down; Every contact, every discussion... what doesn't seem like an opportunity today just may wake you up in the middle of the night with an "Aha" moment. Life will be a lot easier if you can remember who it was you talked to and how to get back in touch with them.

You already know you have a challenge ahead of you and I won't patronize you by saying it will be easy. But you will never know what you can accomplish until you try, try and try again...

To your success!- Winlin
  7. kenwrites New Member

sybil318

Sorry I am late to post this, but there are legitimate companies out there. You can also do some freelance writing for folks as well if that is something that interests you.

Look I know there are some sheisters out there, but you have to discerning about who you sign on with. I am not sure what kind of work you're looking. Data entry? Virtual Assistant? There are many opportunities that don't involve IM or anything like that. My only rule of thumb is that if it is a "placement" company and they require a fee...look them up on the BBB or do some research before shucking over any money. I don't care what kind of deal they offer at this very moment...the same deal will be there AFTER you do your due diligence.
  8. DCollier Member

Speaking of health, 30 years at home and very successful. Many stories from a company mentioned by Cramer of mad money, 3 quarters in a row of big growth helping people just like you. in a time of market uncertainty. Both a product and an opportunity. This is only if YOU experience the nutrition of Herbalife. 76 country's and poised to make big growths moves in the next 10 years. In a word check on the company , do the research and you will see what i mean. This is something that is done at home. period. and it works . become a part of Herbalife for under a hundred bucks and get energy and better nutrition. The science behind the product is solid. You can do this. and it is still done without the internet. contact me for help or visit the site. best of blessing to you.