When Should You Build A Niche Website?

Discussion in 'Site Build It' started by happywife, Dec 16, 2012.

1. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I've already talked a bit about the "What" and "Why" of building a niche website, but today I want to talk about the "When."

When should you build a niche website?

To be completely honest, building a website business based on a particular niche is definitely NOT for everyone.

It takes a lot of work and some serious commitment to build a website business that is successful and bringing in a decent long-term income.

If you know yourself well enough to know that you are not the type to delay gratification and you don't have the patience to persevere with the work waiting for the reward to follow later, you really ought not throw away your time and money on beginning a niche website. That's just the simple truth. ;)

You don't have to know all the mechanics or even be particularly computer savvy for it to be the right time to begin your niche website business.

The truth is, I was terribly unsure when I first started my initial website adventure. I didn't know if what I had read about SBI was true or if it was another gimmick or money-making program that was destined to leave me disappointed.

I had absolutely no website building skills and barely any internet skills, but I did know myself well enough to know that if what they claimed was true about having a step-by-step system in place and all I had to do was follow instructions and use my own brain and motivation to put in the work faithfully, I knew I could do it.

I love following instructions! :LOL: I know that may sound weird to some people, but I find great comfort and confidence in proven systems that can be repeated or duplicated by following a particular formula.

I'm not overly creative, so I didn't want to have to try to develop my own system or formula, I just wanted to follow the instructions of someone else who has already done what I want to do. Does that make sense? :)

Anyway, back to the initial question...

When should you build a niche website?
    1. You should build a niche site when you are able to commit your time and effort to the task. You don't have to be able to work on it full time. You may only have an hour a day to devote to the task, or perhaps 6 hours on a weekend. That's not as important as the consistent commitment to moving forward and following the process. If you can commit to that, you're probably ready.

2. You should begin to build a niche website when you are serious about building a successful online business. If you are tired of running hither and thither after various business opportunities, or hopping from program to program without sticking with anything long enough to see results, you're probably not ready yet. Successful site building takes focus - not distractions.

3. You should build a niche website when you're ready to make the financial investment to cover your start-up costs (domain name, hosting, research tools, site design tools, etc). Yes, there are a lot of people that try to go the "free" route when starting an online business, but the success rate is so miniscule that I don't recommend it. There are so many obstacles and hurdles (particularly for the beginner) that it's just not worth it. You don't have to spend a fortune, but DO invest in the basics to give yourself the best chance of success. You'll pay yourself back many times over for following THAT piece of advice! ;)

(Incidentally, when I started using SBI 6 years ago, the cost was $299 per year for ALL of the resources you need to build a successful niche website business, including written and video step-by-step proven tutorial and an incredible private members forum. Guess what the cost is now? Still $299 per year. Hard to believe, especially since it has undergone massive upgrades over the years to keep it on the cutting edge, but it's true. The best investment I've made and continue to make for my business.)

4. If you would like to create an online income, whether passive income or by selling your own products or services, a niche website is a fantastic way to do so. Do you want something to replace your current income or perhaps develop a retirement or supplemental income? Either way, this can be achieved with an authority niche website.

5. Do you already have an offline business that you want to bring online? You can grow your current business or add a variety of additional income streams with a niche website based on your offline business. More and more businesses are going online because of the ever increasing use of mobile devices and other forms of technology for searching and shopping. Don't be left behind.

6. There's no time like the present! If you think you've got what it takes to commit to the task, follow instructions, and persevere, the time for you to build a niche website is NOW. If I can do it, you can do it (and probably even much more successfully!). The sooner you start putting in regular, consistent effort, the sooner you will be reaping the rewards from having your own niche website business.
    I hope these little tips of encouragement will be just what you need to jump off the fence and get yourself started on the right path to online success. I'm so grateful that I learned to build a niche website successfully with SBI, that I try to encourage friends, family, and even strangers (like you?) to go for it.

I wish you the very best of success!
    Blessings,
    Angie

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

+1 on that. Apart from focus I think you need some passion for that particular niche too. People can easily sniff passion from content. And that's what makes or breaks a website. I personally feel that it can get quite difficult if you are into the niche solely for making money.

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

This is so true! I learned that lesson the hard way. ;) I'll be elaborating on that point in my next post about HOW to build a niche website. I hope to finish that one off by the end of the week.

Blessings,
    Angie

4. hetherz20

hetherz20 New Member

hi you can go for niche website when you want to narrow down your marketing instead of having a competition on the vast area

5. I love following instructions as well Angie even when cooking, lol. I follow all the measurements to make sure that I get the right results. There is a certain calmness in me when I follow the instructions to the T.

And as per your above post, when starting something and you do not know or have little knowledge of that field, it always makes sense to check out and try systems that have been proven to work. Common sense, motivation, focus, and hard work will surely take you places. :)

6. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Excellent post Angie. I also realy like the step by step. Your post also contains great information. Very well written too!