When this happens, it drives me crazy..

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by talfighel, May 13, 2011.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I am selling a product through PayPal which is my own. This product of mine has a very low refund rate. The sales letter is great and the conversions are fantastic.

Plus, the info that the customer gets is awesome.

I had this lady order this program from me through PayPal and a few hours later, she canceled her order and got an automatic refund from them saying that the product is not what is being sold on the sales letter. (Not as described)

Now, I had a few people like that in the past 2 years and I must say that these people have one thing in common. They know before they order that they will get this product for free.

They have no intentions of paying for it in the first place. Right after they pay for it, they ask for a refund.

This kind of stuff is driving me insane.

What do you all think...?
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

talfighel: They have no intentions of paying for it in the first place. Right after they pay for it, they ask for a refund.

This kind of stuff is driving me insane.
    That's one of the things you simply have to expect in this business, but there's no reason to let it drive you insane.

Fortunately, the percentage of people who operate that way is small, so there's no big negative impact to your bottom line.

It's no different to the way banks expect a portion of their loan portfolio to go bad and not be repaid; or retail stores factor in losses from shop lifting. It's all part of the game!

And so it goes...

Hermas
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Yeah,

Small things like these people do drive me insane but I have to let it go.

I guess every time it happens, it makes me mad.

I have to let it go.
  4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

talfighel: it makes me mad.

Redheaded?

At least you are dealing in a digital product so losses are in the pennies I assume.

Take a lesson from PayPal and learn to word it so it's "as advertised".
    (Boy, that would put a lot of people out of business wouldn't it)
    Instead of getting mad, get even. Make it ironclad.

Or make a product so good they insist on paying you more than you ask, lol.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Your Bell Rock site is rather intriguing Just2EZ![​IMG]
  6. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

mountainmom5: Your Bell Rock site is rather intriguing Just2EZ
    It is one of the many accidental actions I did on a whim one day.
    Had no clue in 2008 what it would turn into or why I did it.
    Still don't!
    Ran adsense on it for a year or so but they had too many Kia Sedona ads, lol.
    Your survival supplies signature link should find a receptive audience there.
    It's been up and down Alexa but that Chelsea Lately piece gave a nice boost.
    It's the only site that anyone gets a peek into my past, present, and future.
    I'm not as crazy as it sounds. Married 36 yrs, 5 kids, 6 grand kids.
    Peter on the other hand may be crazier than he sounds, he's a lawyer.
    The truth is "out there".
  7. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Hermas said it well. Just let the universe take care of the karma. However, I have one suggestion that put you at ease. Try Clickbank. I believe Clickbank blacklists credit cards of such habitual refund requesters so they won't be able to purchase using the same credit card/PayPal address if the refund rate from that card/email address is very high.
  8. frozensun11

frozensun11 New Member

I think it's amazing that it has only happened a few times!! You can look at it from the perspective that if it has only happened a few times, then that means that most of your customers are pretty honest people!

Also, I too believe that what you do to others, you are really doing to yourself. As long as you continue to provide a valuable product that people want, good things will come your way [​IMG]
  9. Cesar Fasano

Cesar Fasano Guest

You're not the only one going through this...

Last year, I heard a very well known internet marketer complaining about this exact same issue.

And he got to the same conclusion that you did: these kind of people already know that they'll ask for a refund.

Can you eliminate the refund option or is it a paypal policy?

In my opinion, if you do this: those who believe what you believe are the ones who are ready to pay for your product, use it and never ask for a refund.

The others won't even click on your ad.
  10. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

I don't think you can eliminate refunds, because PayPal has a very consumer-friendly culture, and if someone files a complaint, they are quick to take their side and issue a refund. That's just how it is with them.