Where am I going wrong?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Louisa, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Louisa

Louisa New Member

So not long ago after recently getting married I decided to part of a MLM company, I live in Sydney Australia though I found out about this company from a friend who had moved to America. After joining I was really excited and I bought the news home to family and friends over a period of time on different occasions I have explained why this really is a great idea and how it can work so well though everyone seems to love their 9-5 jobs so much that they are not interested in the opportunity that this could offer, maybe they are scared or too lazy to understand. Since then I have made no progress which is fine it has only been about 3 months though I figured that I would look into the online opinion of this and try to stay connected and motivated with others that have chosen the same path. I will look through the forum for advice though it's hard when you feel like you have already exhausted your options!!

2. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Hi Lousia, I'm also from Australia but from Melbourne.
    Can I ask what company you are with?
    I might be able to give you more specific advise when I know

An important part of MLM is having a good team! Whether their in Australia (obviously better if you can meet-up) or overseas. Having a good leader is also important to provide you with constant training and assistance. After all in MLM you need to continue helping each other to succeed.

The issue with today's society especially in Australia is that their too used to their routine... Waking up in the morning and going to work that they fail to see the other opportunities around them.
    People think the right way is to go to Uni, Study hard, Maybe get a few more qualification in hopes to get a better job, start working and trying to work their way up (they think they'll work their way up anyway) but in reality there's a limit on how high they can climb in a company but they don't see that.
    Do you think Managers or SEO will step aside just so they can be replaced with someone under them? I don't think so.

To be honest I was one of those people too and that is why I understand how they feel.... My eyes only opened once my friend succeeded with MLM. 2 y years after he asked me to join with him he was making more than I was in my full-time job but I was slaving away all day while he was relaxing at the beach and having lunches. He motivated me to change the way I thought and that's how I opened my mind.

I bet you get "Oh but this is a pyramid scheme". They fail to understand that MLM really is an investment. You are starting your own business like someone starts a Mc Donald's Franchise. People don't see that. They see it as a 'scam' because they don't understand and refuse to understand...
    Getting back to Pyramid Schemes.... I believe that the Corporate Structure is the REAL Pyramid scheme!
    Slow advancement and most people stay at the bottom....
    [​IMG]

Anyways back to topic.... Sorry I went on a little rant there.... :)

The problem may be that you are approaching people incorrectly or you are presenting the information incorrectly.
    Also there are endless ways to get leads. To be honest I couldn't ask any of the people I knew to join me because they had already been asked or taken by my friend.... All my leads are from online.

If you get a chance please also connect with me on Facebook :)
    <Snip>
    [Link removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    Dream2reality and Louisa like this.
  3. Anders J

Anders J Member

The problem here is that you used the old school methods of marketing in MLM.

If you want the efficient results you got to use attraction marketing and educate yourself.

That is done by building your presence online and let those interested come to you. The problem is that nobody likes to be pitched for an opportunity or the product line. You see the position is all wrong. You need to attract the target market and let them come to you. Yes some are interested in the products and a few the opportunity but can you show those people how they should market if they sign up as the MLM can't in most cases.

MLM is not hard if you have the right tools and made up your mind for it to be the business you want success with. It is not that expensive either.

What I teach in my WMI blueprint is what I have just written above. First you learn about attraction marketing and then you can setup your presence while adding your MLM on the backend not like now the frontend. The business becomes a 3rd party and you will now mean something. This protects you and your downline ,relationships and all if the MLM shuts down. You can always find another to replace it. You become more valuable and that is what people are looking for as it is people that joins people. You know how to market and teach them how.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Louisa and PeterMFL like this.
  4. Conner Hogan

Conner Hogan New Member

The best advice I can give is this...

Do not try to please everyone else. You joined that MLM because you saw the opportunity. Other might not see it, and they have a right to their opinion just like you do yours.

I have seen the same thing. My friends and family thought I was stupid. They treated me like it too.
    Yours might also.

They will only treat you like that until you become successful.

Once they see the money you make, then they hang on your every word.

Keep your eye on the prize. Building a successful business takes work, and persistence.

The post above me was correct, you might have been using the older methods. But just because they are old doesn't mean they don't work. Chose one way to find a prospect, and bring them into your opportunity. Then repeat.

3 Months is not a lot of time for a beginner to build a mlm.

Your response was perfect, you noticed a problem and decided to educate yourself on how to solve it.
    Make failure your friend, and stay focused.

I can easily offer pages and pages of advice on failure and how to stay motivated. If you would like more just ask.

Good luck.

Louisa likes this.
  5. Louisa

Louisa New Member

Thanks for they reply guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I will keep at this an continue to surround myself with those that are interested and not get discouraged as it is true that being in Australia I agree people are in their routine and it can be hard to get them onboard. I'm currently with Vemma and looking for a business partner to work with to get the momentum building, I have a team that I can use though I do want to build a team of my own and to have a business partner would be a great start. I'm on Fb also <Snip>

Thanks again :)

[Link removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    Jesse South likes this.
  6. Louisa

Louisa New Member

I believe MLM is the way of the future, no more coming into work and working hard for someone else, only ourselves :)

Jesse South likes this.
  7. Conner Hogan

Conner Hogan New Member

The true definition of freedom!

Dream2reality likes this.
  8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

You are not doing anything wrong per se. One has a tendency to expect immediate results and that just doesn't happen in general particularly for newbies. Success is a process. There are various ways of marketing but they come down to 2 approaches imo, leading with product or leading with opportunity. Even if you are doing a form of attraction marketing to get people's attention at some point you get to the product and/or the opportunity.

Work on mindset development and skills training. Many people fail because they fail to do that. As in all things in live we need training and development to prosper. We also need to learn various ways to market our business. If you get 2-3 good methods that are constantly bring you good leads/prospects you will then get these people in your "pipeline" and they will soon start to take interest in what you have.

So keep on keeping on. Also with family and those close to you, I try and teach my team that regardless of your own confidence and skills those closes to you need the 3 way the most. Let them hear from others that are having success and can help your prospect know they will have the support they need to succeed.

Dream2reality and Louisa like this.
  9. Louisa

Louisa New Member

With the MLM company I have joined they recommended that we should go to our family and friends first but I can see now how that may not be the best start as they are often the most sceptical and also want to see you succeed before jumping on board. So after taking a look through the forum and taking the advice on board I have decided to surround myself with interested and motivated people, I’m excited because I’m sure I will start to see results in the near future and as others have said this doesn’t happen overnight it takes persistence and that’s what I’m willing to do for my future. It frustrates me that others would rather work for a greedy boss rather than follow a simple formula which pretty much is people + people = a sh!tload of people + $$$$$$$$$ lol

Good luck to everyone and thanks again for your helpful responses I really appreciate it.

You can put a face to the name and check out the MLM company I’m with 

http://vdownunder.vemma.com/profile.html

10. Louisa

Louisa New Member

Steve, the product is shipped out once a month on each order, pm me it might be easier to explain that way xx

11. Louisa

Louisa New Member

Is buying leads really an option? Does anyone do this?

12. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I think buying leads and Facebook ads are a waste of money. Unless you are buying leads from a Co-Op in which people in your team put in money to advertise on a related magazine. Home-based Businesses for example.

Do you have any family or friends that will be interested in your product? Maybe you can hand them out one for free to try it and if they like it they might sign-up?
    A friend of mine does this with his MLM products and that's how he has built his successful Business.... Just by giving his products out for people to try and then signing them up.

13. Anders J

Anders J Member

Buying leads? You got to be kidding! What a busines to make a living! That is if you can.

Hello I just got your name and number (from somwhere for x amount of money). You are interested in a home business? Well I got bla. bla. bla. What do you say? Who are you? No thanks, not interested! MLM jesus no thanks.

That is fabricated but that is what is typically the effects of any so called MLM mailing list you buy. It is part of the old school marketing methods that very few people have succes way in this day and age. The problem with lists are that they are not really people who now and cares for you. Suddenly they get a stranger on the phone who is needy for their money. Despite this the list can be full of non verified persons for one reason or another. You must build it yourself and the sooner you get going the better.

No you got to turn the position of you around which is not difficult to do. You just present you, your team and your marketing system. The interested people seek you out and will do business with you when their timing is right. Due to the leverage of the internet this is not hard to do. It is part of attraction marketing and what I teach in the WMI blueprint which covers all the aspects of building a direct sales kind of business.

14. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

One of the easiest things to do when it comes to recruiting others into your business is to send as much interested traffic to your website or company website. If you have a sales video website that can close prospects, that would be a good way to start.

Your only challenge is to learn how to drive targeted traffic that converts.

If you can master online marketing and learn what works BEST FOR YOU, you can do really well. Then you just need to coach your team to do the same and that's it.

15. Dream2reality

Dream2reality New Member

Hey Louisa,
    I am having the same problem. Its kind of hard dealing with closed minded people who do not want the change for themselves. It gets quite frustrating, but if you know in your heart and in your mind your product and or service can be beneficial to anyone then let that be a motivation. If it hard to get leads in your country get online and build relationships with people from other countries that you think will benefit from what you are trying to sell them. What helps me get the confidence that I need everyday is listening to a lot of personal development and surrounding myself around positive people. Just remember to remain focus and never quit.

Tina19 likes this.
  16. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

I felt the same way. I started with mine about 4 months ago and was excited as you were. I thought this would be easy especially since it was free and offered some great deals, that is what got me in. When I explained it to friends and family they were very skeptical so none of them joined. Now I use social networking to help me promote. It is still hard and frustrating but, I refuse to give up because I know eventually my break through is gonna come and so is yours so don't give up.

17. Robyn Nelson

Robyn Nelson New Member

Hi Everyone! I've just joined this forum, am a successful network marketer who's been doing it "old school" for many years. I have no idea what I'm doing online and am learning slowly.... I've been with my current company since it opened in Australia in August this year and I'm doing ok. I'm not looking for a big bang of success just a consistent growth.

Old school does still work. If you have a product that you would purchase even if there was no opportunity attached you've got a winner. Talk to people - tell them why you love your product - look for people who are looking for what YOU wanted (and found). You'll get there....

Forget the fast success thing. If you get it it won't last. Teaching and training is what keeps people with you and make no mistake, people will join you, not just your company.

I have no online 'stuff' at all yet so no signature or anything.

Just wanted to offer some hope to those of us who still actually enjoy talking to people :) even if they don't agree with what we're doing/offering.

Cheers
    Robyn

payment proof likes this.