Where Do You Find ClickBank Affiliates?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by 100CalorieGirls, Apr 11, 2009.

1. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Hi!

I'm very new to forums and IM. My eBook went live last week through ClickBank and I'm selling 1-2 books a day. I don't know what I'm doing so i thought I would ask you guys how you find affiliates. One found me but I don't know how. This is a great way to make money at home if I can figure it out. Please advise!

Thanks!
    100CalorieGirls
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi there - I have a weight loss site so I will have to check out your book as well.

I am only a marketer and not a publisher...yet... [IMG]
  3. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Hi MM5,

I love the picure of your girls! Yes! I need somebody like you to be an affiliate. We sold 5 books yesterday but I don't know if it was through articles, my blog or PPC. My affiliate in Australia sold one on Saturday. This is really like a dream come true! I can stay at home with my "sweet peas" and make money. I didn't think it was possible! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give you my website and blog site for you to check out. Let me know what you think.

Thanks so much for your interest!

SusieT
  4. gridellas New Member

Most of the time the affiliates find you by searching Clickbank. While you wait for affiliates to find you it might be a good idea to build a list and keep in touch with your affiliates so they can see your other products when you create them.

You can post in forums and advertise through your signature and you can also start your own campaigning and make known that your customers can sell it also.

Something to the effect of:
    Like this product? Spread the word about this product and get paid for it.

Or

Affiliates can sign up here

There are many ways to go about it hopefully this gives you some ideas.[IMG]
  5. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Hi Gridellas,

Thanks for responding! I'm VERY new to this. How do you build a list? And where do you advertise? I really do appreciate your taking the time to help me! I only have this one product which took me about three years to develop. I did 100 calorie counts for almost every food on the planet and, boy was that a task! I also wrote a 100 calorie restaurant and fast food counter and a 100 calorie cookbook which are actually free with The 100 Calorie Diet.

Thanks You For Your Help!!!

SusieT
  6. gridellas New Member

Wow Susie you do have a great product you can promote and it sounds like it will go GREAT! You can start building your OWN list throught Aweber but it costs $20.00 a month up to 500 subscribers.

I would get a little more money coming in by using free methods to generate traffic and then start investing more money.

There are many threads that talk about how to get targeted traffic using free methods. How Can I get Targeted Traffic for free gives you a lot of helpful information.

You can also sign up your product with other "reputable" affilate companies. The ones that many recommend is Paydotcom and Commission Junction. They pay a little differently and are not as advanced as CB but that will help give your product more exposure.
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I honestly think your numbers will just keep going up as there are many people selling weight stuff thru Clickbank... Just sit tight and let others do your work!

That is the beauty of being the publisher. [IMG]

When I get ready to publish my ebook, I may contact you for tips... [IMG]
  8. mountainmom5 Gold Member

100CalorieGirls: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give you my website and blog site for you to check out. Let me know what you think.
    Actually I found it, but just make sure your link is clickable in your sig here and people can get to it that way, as well.

(put around the link and it will highlight it...)
  9. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Thank you Gridellas!

I appreciate your positive feedback! I'll keep your posted as to my progress!!

SusieT!
  10. gridellas New Member

Yes please keep me posted. Everyone always loves to hear about success.

Heres to yours [IMG]
  11. 100CalorieGirls New Member

I love you ladies! I'll see if I can figure out how to make my site and blog clickable. I'm SO excited about making money online. I'm 71 in MarketPlace now, so I hope affiliates can find me there.

MM5, I'll help you in any way I can when you're ready to publish. I checked out your site and it was so warm, inviting and awesome! FYI! I live in Central Florida now but my dream is to retire in the Florida Keys! Maybe we'll see each other there!

Yours,

SusieT
  12. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Yeah! I did it. I make my link clickable.
  13. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Susie,

You can contact relevant sites and ask them if they would like to have the book for free in exchange for a review.

What you'll get if the book is decent: Some will post a free review on their site. Others will do so but for a fee. The ones that would charge would be industry leaders with extra high traffic. Make sure you discuss it before you send them a copy of your book.

As an aside, some may take your book without giving you anything back.

You'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth it.

Another thing you can do is look for high ranking sites that are in your field that have review in either the title of a page and/or the url. You'll be looking for folks that are already affiliates for related products. You'll have to do some footwork, but it's worth it.

Note: it would be helpful to sales if you could offer a free bonus report.

You may also have to offer a higher commission to leaders of the industry or they may end up refusing to look at your book.

Be sure to look on relevant forums (dieting, health, exercise forums, etc) for affiliates as you have just done here.

But hats off to you if you are already making daily sales, congrats.

~Newbie Shield~
  14. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Hi Newbie Shield!

What a cool name! What does it mean? I liked your advise, but I'm not clear as to what you mean by relevant sites. Do you mean diet sites? And I don't know the rules as far as spamming goes. Would it be considered spamming if I contacted them. How do I offer a free report? I do have this great cookbook that Rodale was interested in but I couldn't close the deal named The Zero Calorie Cookbook that I could offer as a free book. SORRY! I'm just so green. I'm a writer and can write books all day long, I just don't know much about Internet Marketing.

Thank You For Your Help!

Yours,

Susie Trimble

P.S.
    I made over $500 my first week but spent about $100 on Adwords. Is that good?
  15. judson New Member

Hello,

I'm new to this too. I have an account with clickbank and am considered an affiliate. I'm not exactly sure where I stand or what to do next. How do you get leads or does your affiliate do it?

Regards

Judson
  16. happywife Gold Member

100CalorieGirls: P.S.
    I made over $500 my first week but spent about $100 on Adwords. Is that good?
    Hi Susie,

That is very good! [IMG] I'm so happy for you. Once you start getting more affiliates to promote your book you won't need to use Adwords at all. Let them do it if they want. [IMG]

Yes, relevant sites are sites that relate to the content of your book, so dieting and weight loss sites would be perfect.

It's not spamming if you just use their contact form to send them a note letting them know a little bit about your book and telling them about the affiliate commission you offer for referals.

As NS suggested, you can offer them a free copy to review. Some may take it and never do anything with it, but it doesn't cost you anything, so I would say it was worth the try.

There's a good chance you can pick up some affiliates that way. Established sites often have newsletters that they can send a mailing to with a review and recommendation besides mentioning it on their site.

If your book is good, you can make a LOT of money that way. I hope your progress just keeps getting better and better! Congrats!

Blessings,
    Angie
  17. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

100CalorieGirls: And I don't know the rules as far as spamming goes. Would it be considered spamming if I contacted them.
    Sending a personalized email wouldn't be spamming at all. By personalized, I just don't mean including name, but saying a few things about their website or articles and so on... Don't use a template to send same emails.
  18. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Hi Judson!

I am a publisher with ClickBank, not an affiliate but I can tell you what I have been doing to promote my book.
    1. PPC (Pay Per Click) through Google Adwords.
    2. Writing articles and sending them to Ezines, iSnare and SearchWarp.
    3. Advertising my book on The 100 calorie blog.

I'm sure you can become a Super Affiliate with education and a lot of hard work. The wonderful people in this forum could help you with how to be a great affiliate.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Yours,

Susie Trimble
  19. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your help! I'll contact sites today since I now know it's not spamming. I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress. I'm going into week 2!

Yours,

Susie Trimble
  20. 100CalorieGirls New Member

Thanks Vishal!

Hey, I would have to know what an email template was before I used it, so there's no danger there! HA!

Yours,

Susie Trimble