Where Does Stress Come From?

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by kingsway, Aug 28, 2013.

1. kingsway

kingsway New Member

Are we responsible for causing our own stress or is stress something that just happens to us?

If i asked you to go down to the supermarket and buy me a bag of stress you would be a long time because obviously stress can't be bought or sold yet it is talked about so much like it's part of life and something we all have to put up with even though it's not enjoyable.

For example have you ever seen 2 people go through the same problem and the first person goes through the problem as if there's no problem at all and comes out the other side stronger and a much better person for the experience and number 2 gets worried, frustrated and absolutely collapses under the pressure of the same problem and can't handle it.

Is stress created by thinking stressful thoughts? Would it disappear if we changed the way we thought about life?

Thanks...:)

payment proof likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I've always believed things only bother you as much as you let them. So to answer your question, I don't think stress would disappear if we changed the way we thought about life, but it could be reduced. :LOL:

John Blue likes this.
  3. Jenergy

Jenergy New Member

Coming from a background in Personal Training I learned that there are different forms of stress. There is cellular stress on the body and organs and there is mental stress. A lot of chinese herbs release the cellular stress while proper sleep and diet and exercise can help to relieve mental stress. Meditation and learning how to quiet the mind can really help with stress too.

4. florbags

florbags Member

That's a great question kingsway. I think stress is a consequence to our wrong actions. In other words, we, humans cause stress. We always have a choice every time we face a problem - to stay positive in life or to let stress control our lives. Life is actually simple, it's humans who makes it complicated. :)

kingsway and payment proof like this.
  5. kingsway

kingsway New Member

That's so true florbags, thank you.

6. michellej

michellej New Member

I agree with payment proof. There will always be some sort of stress. Life keeps changing
    in different ways. A loved one gets sick, your children starts driving, etc... I also believe we
    can reduce our stress with exercise, keeping busy and just in gerneral having fun.

7. John Blue

John Blue New Member

I guess stress comes from the things we don't like doing, like the work we don't love. If we don't love our work it will definitely cause us stress. Just like in finance, if we are financially down we obviously don't like it, so we get stressed out by it. I think if we only learn to control the way we feel and react on certain things stress can be reduced.