Where have all the backlinks gone...

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by opendomain, Oct 31, 2008.

1. opendomain

opendomain New Member

[​IMG]Seriously is anyone else noticing that their backlinks from google are not there anymore? I can't see any backlinks from any of my articles or places wehre I know I have some, blogs, work from home sites, etc. Even on my new project my backlinks have all but vanished.

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Maybe a change in the Google Algorithm
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I haven't noticed this yet, but I think that pcwork hit the nail on the head: Google changes their algoriths all of the time, so I wouldn't be totally shocked if they changed their algorithm on backlinks...
  4. madnawat

madnawat New Member

Search engines would probably like to be able to tell the difference between different kinds of links that a webmaster put on other websites. Search engines are getting more and more capable of doing this. SE algorithms keeps on changing, so you never know which of you links gets discredited by SE. Yes, SE likes "natural links" for sure.
  5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Google seems to be in an update phase. As you can see from the search results, it is using redirect-urls instead of direct links. I guess, it's checking relevancy and authenticity of search listings by measuring factors like time spent by visitor on a website, etc.
  6. opendomain

opendomain New Member

hmmm....
    Well then this might prove to be problematic for article marketing. I've notice today that many of my articles about both GDI and my new project are no longer easily found. Whereas, especially for GDI, many of my articles where listed in top 1-5 google results they are not even in the first 10 pages...and actually based on some of the reviewing i've done of some of the pages I lost ground too it would seam "keywords" have lost a little bit of their importance...who know's though maybe they are still working things out. Strangely enough there are some articles that are listend in the top 10 that have little to do with teh search terms?