Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by asebf, Mar 28, 2008.

1. asebf

asebf New Member

It seems lots of people have lost interest in the Coastal Forum. It appears that only just a narrow few are posting anything at all.

If you have an idea why - please be blunt if need be - why are people being so bashful?

Thanks

Do I need to try and start an argument of some kind? [​IMG]
  2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

3. asebf

asebf New Member

Newbie, being afflicted with severe ADHD - writing code is beyond my comprehension.

I glanced at your work - briefly - and wow!!

There has got to be a way you can find a way to turn these skills into dollars - or maybe better yet - euros?

Argument room - thanks - got some good tips.
  4. Newbie Shield

Thanx Bob, I have been making money in Information Technology for over 10 years. Much of it has been coding. I make a good living at it and I am always learning new things in coding, online marketing, related activities, and music.

The Squidoo HOW TO is only for Squidoo lenses though you can use the code samples on any website and it will work wonderfully. It's a relatively small sample of HTML and CSS, but lensmasters at Squidoo visit the lens quite often to learn how to fancy up their lenses.

So, you watched the video from the link above then? It's one of a few Monty Python skits I think are hilarious.

What are you doing hiding in here, your my downline and you're supposed to be out recruiting MPM members so I can retire soon!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Good to hear from you. I hope everything is going alright for you.

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hey Bob - good question although I honestly believe that most of the Coastal folks use a variety of methods to generate leads and traffic - and just aren't on here that much.

I like to mess around on here because I like to meet people and also learn a lot but I happen to know for a fact that some of the most successful people on our team have no idea what a forum IS even - lol!
  6. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

mountainmom5: I like to mess around on here because I like to meet people and also learn a lot but I happen to know for a fact that some of the most successful people on our team have no idea what a forum IS even - lol!

That is so true!!! [​IMG]
  7. asebf

asebf New Member

mountainmom5: Hey Bob - good question although I honestly believe that most of the Coastal folks use a variety of methods to generate leads and traffic - and just aren't on here that much.
    Viola - I believe you!! As you well know - creating leads/business is certainly not my reason for playing here!!!

I agree - this is a good place to learn things -- when people posting/answering do not have an agenda - and are honest.

Sometimes I have learned that the "LACK" of answers to a question is an "answer" in and of itself.

Lora - I heard some really good things about you this week. At this moment I do not remember the source. I just remember a glowing testimony about you having your act together.
  8. asebf

asebf New Member

Newbie - MPM?- I email blasted everyone I knew - a few times. I think you saw I got a few to join. I still think it is a great - GREAT - deal. I hope some of those I signed up do well.

For me - life just got in the way. I think I got several to join though. Hopefully they will take off and roll up to you??
  9. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

asebf: Lora - I heard some really good things about you this week. At this moment I do not remember the source. I just remember a glowing testimony about you having your act together.

Really? How flattering! As far as the Coastal forum goes - I do not post a reply unless I feel I have some valuable content to add. There is enough 'fluff' out there already - who needs more?!?! I still love Coastal and I am still checking in here every now and then [​IMG]

Viola - are you in Orlando? I wish I was! Coastal needs to have these events in the Summer time when my kids are not in school! [​IMG]
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

PNL Travel: Viola - are you in Orlando? I wish I was! Coastal needs to have these events in the Summer time when my kids are not in school!

sniff sniff - no I didn't get to go this time either. But we are thinking of renting a big house for in Sept so that a whole bunch of us can stay together. I heard they came out with several new discount cards and one of them is a vacation HOUSE rental card - yahoobi![​IMG]
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

The weather is changing and Coastal people are enjoying it. I for one love this forum. Maybe im guilty of generating leads here but if something works you should stick with it. In addition I do try to add my input and opinions here. From the numerous phone calls, emails and responses I get I believe that most people appreciate it.

This is probably my favorite forum but there are many avenues that I use to generate leads. For me as I an a full internet entrepreneur my goal is to network as much as possible. When I meet a fellow entrepreneur I can always offer some tool to help their business. Coastal is one of those tools. I have learned though that its important to have various options for people. It makes me more attractive to the potential customer. When I get someone on the phone I can really find out what they are looking for and not try and just promote to them what might not be what they are looking for. I call it the Super Walmart mentality. To have as many options for the customer so they dont go somewhere else.

For many this might not work but as I like to have variety in my day it works for me. It does make scheduling challenging but it can be overcome when you really get systems in place. I do plan to post more frequently in here. I look at it this way if no one else is posting then my voice can be the loudest. LOL

Adam Frederick
    Internet Entrepreneur
    302 613 4632
    [email protected]
  12. Judy

Judy New Member

I am still around as well though haven't worked the business in a few months -sometimes life does get in the way -especially when you don't do this full-time. My daycare is full now so most nights I am too tired to go online. I am also starting training for a triathlon which is not easy as I am 50 lbs overweight and so need to step up the training -it is at the end of August.
    Need to spend some more time on here catching up and getting excited about the business again.

-Judy
  13. asebf

asebf New Member

So - the whole month of April saw only 9 topics with activity. And those posting were primarily the same few people.

What is to be understood from this? Newbie Shield, you seem a good analytical guy - what do you think?
  14. Newbie Shield

Hi Bob,

It appears that you are referring to the Coastal folder alone.

I would need more data to crunch such as the total number of topics in existence over the last twelve months for each month as well as the average number of active topics for each month. I would also need the number of members that posted within the Coastal folder each month.

The operative word here is average (or typical). I don't know what would be an average month yet (no, I'm not interested in actually computing this).

I would need more data. How many forums do Coastal members post in, what forums contain a significant amount of Coastal discussions, information about non-forum discussions, average membership growth, etc...

I would then have some percentages to work with. Everything would have to be brought into perspective. Furthermore, some folks leave forums for a while and return later on. Some folks tire of forums altogether but still pump up their downline from other sources.

On top of these things, how often has this drop happened in the past and how long does it usually last? Has there been any demoralizing factors within the organization lately? Are there any rumors or true stories about major players dropping out? Has the commission structure been lowered?

Has support, training, or advertising lessened in any significant way? Answers to these questions would actually help to determine the cause.

Since the cost of travel has increased, that could also affect interest in the travel industry. Furthermore, folks in the USA aren't interested in escaping the cold of the northern states this time of year. The cost of living is also affected by the heightened cost of fuel. Less people can afford to travel this year in comparison to last year.

So, the two things we would have to figure out are cause and statistics. What made it happen and how far below average interest in discussing Coastal are we on this forum and on other forums?

What you are asking would actually involve quite a bit of data, several computations, and a few components that are a bit less tangible.

All analysis aside, I gather that you feel that the Coastal topic has cooled down quite a bit. Is that true?

~Newbie Shield~
  15. asebf

asebf New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Newbie, my partner is a retired nuclear engineer. He installed most of the the computer stuff in the western states in the power plants working for Black and Veatch.

You and he could talk for hours - and I -- sitting next to you both - would understand a word or two every now and then. [​IMG]

I agree with everything I think I understood you said. Thanks for your response.

Yeah, the data is much to sparse to make an informed assumption. I, being the "sales" part of the equation was looking for an instant "fix". As you well know - most decent sales people have ADD squared.

I am no exception.

Your response has given me the grin I needed to sleep well - thanks.

I enjoy goint to bed happy. Thanks again.
  16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I used to post in the Coastal folder a LOT last year, till I began pursuing other options as well as Coastal, than I didn't have time to come and post anymore.

Thought I would just drop in today to say Hi to old friends.
    Still love Coastal!

Terri
  17. ChocolateBiz

ChocolateBiz New Member

I think that one has to be very careful before joining any on or off line business.

Nevertheless, what makes online businesses so appealing is that there is a relatively low financial risk and affords everyone an opportunity to get on the playing field and make money.

However, you must believe in the product and have a passion for helping others to succeed.

I truly believe in the law of attraction. If you have honest motives and are not in it "just for the money" you will attract success and earn the financial freedom you seek.

Jeff and Sandi