Where is the love?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Jun 19, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

For the last few months this forum has been hot. Alot of exchanged remarks and flare up's of tempers. Where is the love? People have been attacked and basically called liars for trying to put info out. I thought I lived in America. The freedom of expression and ideas is part of the American lifestyle. So let's set some facts straight. Now for all that know me personally they know I am a man of my word. Yes there are various business opportunities out there and a savvy business person will take a look at them and make a decision on if its good for them. The facts are clear in the Coastal package there are vendors that have other opportunities. You decide which is good for you. This forum shows that we have people from all walks of life and from different groups that all have Coastal businesses but run them different. Heck ive been bugging Jay for years now on how he does his marketing. Jeff is another id love to pick his brain. We all share here. So lets keep that going. Share your experiences, your failures and triumphs and any idea you have that might help Coastal people. I will say I got involved in the biz opt we have been fighting over as a way to help my teammates that were spending too much on leads. As it was in travel as well it was a great fit for my team. In the past months ive seen so much excitement in my team. They have more than enough leads to talk to and at a great price.

The idea was to help our team members. Isnt that what we all want to do? I know thats my goal. To help my teammates. So make a decision and do what is best for your business and for your team.

Lets continue to spread ideas and share with each other. Isnt that why the forum was created? To help people so lets do that.

Adam
  2. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Adam,

personally I have nothing against FT or anyone marketing FT. But when EVERY SINGLE TOPIC in this Coastal forum ends up about FT, I gets quite annoying and downright ridiculous. If you brows through the last 5, 10 or even 15 topics posted, no matter what the topic is, has been converted into an advertisment for FT. That is what we are sick of! I understand you might be excited or even swear by FT, but guess what...the majority of us in this forum do not share your enthusiasm!! So promote ft anywhere you want but here!!!
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I repeat again ....WHERE IS THE LOVE?

Adam
  4. Judy

Judy New Member

O.K. Just a sidenote. I sent away for 5 certificates from my package and received the info today. The Disney package and the Carnival/Royal Carribean Cruise were both offered through Funtime so I called them tonight to see about booking. They were having a flood in Maryland! The lady thought I might be the police as they were holed up in their offices and the computers and the electricity was down so I said I'll try back tomorrow and pray they are alright. Let's send a little love their way for these awful natural disasters.

I just hope I can get my vacation organized the way I want and will have a great testimonial re. Coastal and Funtime as a travel agent.
  5. goldmills

goldmills New Member

you simply are taking comments made in a public forum too personal...

DON'T Take it personal!
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Actually Jeff thats the problem. I look at this as a business and treat it that way. Others actually have personally attacked my character and my words. To be honest it doesnt matter to me as my business has grown thru all of this. I do want the forums to become more of a sharing forum. I spend time here to learn more about the industry not be personally attacked for sharing info. Again everyone is free to make their own decisions and I ask them to do that and lets keep this business.

Cant we all just get along??????

Adam
  7. cgmom

cgmom New Member

Yes Adam, we can all get along. No one is personally attacking you or your character. We are just asking you to leave FT comments for the other board. No biggie. We appreciate your Coastal experience and input however, no mention of the other business in your posts would be awesome. Sorry you feel like you are being attacked; we just want our board back.

Much success!
  8. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

I Luv Ya Man[​IMG]
  9. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

Hi Adam,
    I understand.

Please contact me regarding your website
    Regards,
    Carole
  10. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

We come to this great forum for advice
    and are getting spam, ads fatigue! ESPECIALLY with FT people.

Why do you think it has come down to Coastal and other businesses who have seminars having to resort to having a NON-RECRUIT agreement.

The ads subtle at times are just plain getting old!!

Vishal, we love ya man! Can you please maybe have a ads only thread away from Coastal? Sure would appreciate it!

Terri
  11. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Sure we all know that there are 150,000 Coastal vacations people and who wouldn't want to get 150,000 recruited to the latest flavor of the month but spam is as spam does!!

Terri
  12. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

Terri,
    Think about what you Want to attract and gear your mindset to that is a Positive way.
    That is what will help your Coastal business more than anything.
    I would suggest that you desire to know more about All the Coastal Vendors - because that really Can help your Coastal buisness AND your team members. Lean about them and the use them wisely. Spam gets old - and so do Negative comments
    So much of this business comes down to Controlling our emotions
    Every day.
    Enjoy!
    Carole
  13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Adam,
    this is not a question of "where's the love." It's a question of keeping things in their proper place. I had a person who has been reading this forum email me saying that she was confused about how everything works because of all of the funtime talk. It's VERY confusing to prospects when they come in here and start reading about commissons made from FTV in addition to the commissions made from Coastal. FTV should be one of those things discussed after a person joins your team and is wanting to buy leads or wants to add a business on to their current Coastal business. This is a COASTAL VACATIONS forum and that's what we should discuss. Now there is a place for the funtime crowd to discuss FTV and I promise I will be in there because I am seriously considering the leads and autoresponder but I won't even consider promoting FTV as a bizop because Coastal is my focus.
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I remember when I made my first forum posts several years ago. I was a newbie and I just came by and placed an ad. Most forum have rules against spam and "some" would see all the funtime posts as spam when every post becomes about funtime.

Personally, I feel it's all good. I've become very successful by taking a "wait n see" approach to business. That approach came from over 13 years in this industry. I used to buy EVERYTHING there was to buy...Now, I stay connected to the people and see how the new ideas work. I'm all about results.

On another "wait n see" note....I invested $58,000 in personal development seminars last year and I can tell you that all but about $15,000 was a waste of money.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  15. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I appreciate all the responses to the post. This is the type of forum and post we should have. I wont go back and forth about which opportunity has been discussed in the past and what has been said. My goal was to air out my concern so we can all get on with the learning. A few members have been a little bit more outspoken that other. Again my goal is to point out to these members that this is a forum for the exchange of ideas. I apologize to anyone I have made feel uncomfortable with any of my post. Lets move forward and post our ideas on how to make our businesses grow.

Adam
  16. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

*Sending out The Love*
  17. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Quoting: luvtravelVishal, we love ya man! Can you please maybe have a ads only thread away from Coastal? Sure would appreciate it!

This has been discussed many times before and I believe that such a step would only ruin the forum. Having an ads only section will only invite huge amount of spam flooding this forum. And pretty soon, you'll only find ads in the "Latest Discussion" list, overshadowing important discussions.
  18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thanks for the reply Vishal!

It just gets frustrating at times. We love this forum, thanks for ALL that you do.

Terri
  19. garyd

garyd New Member

hi hsimpsonjr. can you explain about ft autoresponder.i am a newbie to coastal(dont want to even think about ft. i have enough on my plate right now)but i am learning other ways besides wcys autoresponder.
    thanks garyd
  20. sportsnut

sportsnut New Member

hi there GARYD you should ask someone like adam that is using funtime products he is doing incredable. i dont think that hsimpsonjr is using funtime products. adam is realy big on that program.