Which are you likely to click on first?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jul 19, 2012.

?

Which would you click on first?

1. Blog/Website

83.3%
  2. Forum Thread

16.7%
  1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

If you were to search for something on a search engine and if the top 2 listings were each from a blog/website and a forum, which are you likely to click on first, and why?
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

It depends on the nature of what I was searching for. If I were looking for general information on a topic I'd click the blog/website first.

If I wanted to sample user experience and feedback on a specific problem or product, I'd click the forum thread to eavesdrop on the discussion.

Hermas
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

If I am "searching" for a solution then a website/blog that best matches my query wins.
    For unsolved problems the blog or forum with the most comments usually wins.
    For multiple opinions/debate a forum wins every time.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

For me, it also depends.

If I'm looking for an answer to a technical problem or question, I usually go for the forum. Forums often have great, step by step, technical solutions.

If I'm looking for something general interest, like music, television, news, etc., I'll most likely choose the website.

As for working at home, I generally choose forums. I enjoy the discussion and it also helps me to discover additional opportunities as well.
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Me too. If I am searching for some sort of a topic, the website or blog is the winner in my view. I might even click on the forum link too. It all depends.
  6. dothistoday

dothistoday New Member

If I am researching a tool or service, then definitely a forum so I have a better chance of finding un-biased opinions.
  7. Cornell

Cornell New Member

I tend to look at Blogs/Websites first and if I am researching a purchase item I would go to the forums to get an opinion/review on that item.
  8. amgoich

amgoich New Member

I think that I would go first to a website / blog and then to a forum. The reason is that I am deductive person in nature. I like to get the general information and only after I have a solid base of understanding I would dive dipper and use forums.