Which is better? Wealthy Affiliate or Profit Lance?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by teadrinker, Aug 21, 2008.

1. teadrinker

teadrinker New Member

Which is better for a newbie? Wealthy Affiliate or Profit Lance?

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I think Wealthy Affiliate blows Profit Lance out of the water. PL is just a bunch of tutorials thrown together - there is nothing about it that will give you an "edge" over your competition.

WA is more than just a bunch of tutorials - it is a thriving community where members help each other out, share secrets and strategies, encourage one another, and help each other stay on top of the contant changing world of internet marketing.

There are people at WA who earn over $1,000 a day, and these people are active in the WA forum, and you can "pick their brains" for help in making your online business successful. I honestly don't think there is a better place to learn how to make money online than Wealthy Affiliate...

3. naturalis

naturalis New Member

Well said Getagrip.

Although I haven't tried PL I have to say that I'm satisfied with the WA program. The content there is so well structured that no matter what kind of internet marketer are you, you will always find your spot in it.

And the best thing of all is that it gets updated constantly. WA never ceases to amaze me and as long as I'm in this community I'll have a strong faith in me and my online career.

As for a newbie (which I once was), everything is laid down for you. All you have to do is pick up the info and use it in practice... done deal!

-Jernej

4. fatman

fatman New Member

I haven't used PL so I can't comment on that too much. But just looking at their website, it doesn't seem quite as professional looking. Also, it is not a stand alone website like WA (it is just another program sold on Clickbank...not that anything is wrong with that though).

I have used WA and it has helped me a lot though. You won't learn to make thousands of dollars overnight, but the material is there for you to learn how to make money. Some people complain that although all the required information is there though, it is not laid out too well. If you are willing to work hard though and go through all of the material on your own, it is definitely worth it though. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend WA to someone. If you need any help with it, feel free to ask a question in the forum here, or send me a PM.

....Also, the first three people to recommend something are members of WA. Where are the people recommending PL? [​IMG]

5. bbeard

bbeard New Member

Thank You for the wonderful information. I am new at this and I will check out Wealthy Affiliate since it is being highly promoted here. I am looking for any way that I can make my online business work and be very profitable.

6. fundingtlk

fundingtlk New Member

I did a lot of research before deciding. I've seen many good things said about both WA and PL, but the more I researched and also searched my own intuition, it became pretty clear to me that Wealthy Affiliate was the direction that was right for me...
    And I'm happy to say I'm extremely happy with my choice. There is a TON of info to absorb, and even though I want to profit as quickly possible, there are no GRQ (get rich quick) legitimate opportunities.
    Now from all the the diligence I went through, PL would definitely have been my 2nd choice and it appears to be a solid and legitimate option as well, but I do not speak from experience. I have not paid and checked their content and support inside out, but there are also definitely masses of people in the PL system that speak highly of it. And I believe in abundance and happy for all of us who can make money legitimately...
    Good luck in your search.

[Post edited - Admin]

7. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have read some posts about PL that made me so happy I am with WA!

I sent a PM to Carson (one of the owners of WA) this week, and he wrote back, of course within a day answering my questions.

Then he asked if I needed help with my campaign or anything else.
    That really made me feel at home there.

Victoria

8. Sonni

Sonni New Member

For a complete newbie I would recommend the 30 Day Challenge. I was in WA for 8 weeks, but I couldn't put the pieces together so I had to leave, I was spinning wheels and getting nowhere. The 30DC turned out to be much easier to comprehend and follow and it's FREE you pay nothing unless you decide to, however, it is not necessary. Both programs are legit not scams and both work to take you to the next level of IM. Just google 30 Day Challenge and there you go.
    Sonni

9. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

I've never tried Profit Lance but I did try MyOnlineIncomeSystem and I heard they are pretty much the same. So if they are... I would say go with Wealthy Affiliate! I joined last week and made $500 already!!!

(okay.. I lied) But it is possible with Wealthy Affiliate because they provide you with step-by-step instructions and all the tools you need to make money. You have the option to purchase a domain name but it's not necessary. I have about 6 domain names if you want one! [​IMG]

The 30DayChallenge is Free and you can also try that too if you do not want to pay for anything. I haven't tired but it wouldn't hurt since it is FREE. Good luck and let us know if you join WA. We'll look for you in the WA forums and WA Spaces.

-Sue

10. Sonni

Sonni New Member

mama
    I hope you like WA my favorite part about it was the forum. It's a good program if you're ready for it. Now you need your affiliate link.
    Sonni

11. VictoriaNTC

Hello Sue!

You nearly had me screaming with delight for you!
    I am celebrating today too!
    I just built a new site, and it is ranking #5 already, and only has 1 page of content!
    Yipee!

To success!

Victoria

12. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Sonni: mama
    I hope you like WA my favorite part about it was the forum. It's a good program if you're ready for it. Now you need your affiliate link.
    Sonni

Thanks Sonni! I love WA! The forum is also my favorite part. I've been reading through all the success and "I Quit" posts. Everyone is so helpful and full of different ideas.

I started creating 2 websites already (one for my special WA program and the other is a product reviews landing page. Still need to work on it a little more. Also, I am searching for a low cost auto responder to add. Any suggestions? (under $10 a month)

NTC: Hello Sue!

You nearly had me screaming with delight for you!
    I am celebrating today too!
    I just built a new site, and it is ranking #5 already, and only has 1 page of content!
    Yipee!

To success!

Victoria

Congrats!!! That is awesome! I still have a lot more to learn about how to get my website even listed under the searches. I am starting week 2 of the 8 week action plan tomorrow. I'm so excited!

-Sue

13. VictoriaNTC

Hello Sue,

I believe WA hosting has an auto responder to get you started.
    There are a few free services out there also.

I use and also promote A Weber @ $19.99 a month, for unlimited.

This is the favorite or at least in the top two for most marketers.

Get Response, I hear is a good one, thought I have no experience with it.
    I went with A Weber because I do not like to move things around, such as hosting etc.

See, there are many reasons, the most prominent in my mind is if you grow your list, and have to convert over to A Weber, your subscribers will have to opt in again, and you will lose up to 1/3 or so of them.

Just a thought....

If you are testing the waters, or a niche market you probably would be okay with a free or limited service.

If you sign up with A Weber you could grab an affiliate link and use it in your WA forum sig line, as many marketers will need service sooner or later [​IMG].

I had an idea today..I will PM you tomorrow okay?

Your friend,
    Victoria

14. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

After owning PL for 4 months, and purchasing WA earlier this week, I can already tell you that WA is the better of the two. Don't get me wrong...PL is full of great information, but it can get a bit overwhelming to the newbies. WA has just as much information, but it just seems more organized to me.

Plus, there are the extra benefits of WA that PL doesn't have anything to compete with...such as the WA Forum, Site Rubix (very easy website builder), free hosting, and timely response from the owners, Carson & Kyle.

15. klrrider

klrrider New Member

I am a member of both PL and WA. Started with PL. A lot to learn there, I would recommend it. A one time (life time) membership of $77 when I joined. I found WA a little later and balked at first at the monthly membership. Finally I joined. It's forum is its backbone. I will never leave. Between the two I would choose WA but why not both? I go back to PL every once in a while for some of the tools they have for research etc. They also have a ton of good videos. I have signed up 6 different people to WA and only one of them has stayed which I just don't understand.

16. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

klrrider... That's awesome that you had 6 sign ups already. I have not gotten any sign ups through my link yet. Actually, after I created my website and came up with so many different ideas, I haven't really promoted my link as much as I should.

How are you promoting WA? I'm trying figure the best way to promote WA to ensure my referrals remain members for a while and not just a month.

-Sue

17. VictoriaNTC

Hello Everyone!

The spirit of Wealthy Affiliate University is the members helping each other whether the person asking for help signed up through you or not.

I am sure all of us agree, just like members of this forum help each other in many ways.

What you should consider is offering an enrollment bonus, and ask the new member to email the WA receipt number after joining.

This way, you may keep in contact with them and offer help.

Also on your web page, add your WA forum name and offer to help any time, and I always ask him/her if we could be WA Buddies.

I spoke with Carson about this subject a while back and he agreed.

Have a prosperous week!

Victoria NTC [​IMG]

18. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Thanks Victoria for the great ideas. I decided to try a rebate program since I love receiving discounts and rebates when I shop and buy things.

I can't believe I've been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for 6 weeks already. There's still so much to learn and so many different ways to earn money with affiliate marketing. Next goal for me is to start blogging. Or maybe start list building. So many choices!

I know we were told in the beginning to focus on one thing at a time. And I think that was my biggest mistake because I keep jumping around on different projects and so many different ideas. I even started a squidoo that I haven't even finished. eeek! See what I mean. [​IMG]

-Sue

19. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Sue,

The jumping around is actually a good sign in a way. It means that you are passionate and excited about online marketing. This is required to fare well.

We all go through it, especially at the beginning.

Being aware of the snare is the first step in ensuring that it doesn't go on for too long. I think with a little more time, you'll be able to keep it under a reasonable level of control.

For me, it will never go away. I love every aspect of it with an extreme passion. Adding to the fire is the fact that I've been an information addict for over 25 years now. I love to devour information on a daily basis.

Completing things do contribute to peace of mind. So, finish at least one thing daily. I suggest that you start trying to focus on one thing at a time insofar as you can tolerate. It may be helpful to put quite a bit of focus on your lens until it is complete.

That way you can get it off your mind for the most part and make room for the next focus.

What you are experiencing is both normal and quite healthy. What counts is how you manage it [​IMG]

Online marketing rocks!

~Newbie Shield~

20. VictoriaNTC

Good Afternoon Sue,

What a great idea you have come up with.

I was just writing a post about updating my web pages today, and am heading over to Newbie Shield's HTML Squidoo Tricks.
    Have you checked it out?

Within my first 6 months, I read over 30 ebooks on marketing.
    I love to read, and learn.
    One day I just told myself, "Victoria, you may read forever..but you need to start taking action."So, one subject at a time....I try to follow through.

I am working on my wee list and well as my SEO.

Have a wonderful day!

VIctoria